9 replies to this topic

#1 Jack 1000

Jack 1000

The Consultant

• Root Admin
  • 9,875 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:09 PM

Under this system,

Viewers will be able to see what the boxer and referee sees when they are inside the ring. Don't know if they are going to have the cameras on all the time, or just to review important moments of the fight. I don't know about quality and resolution. This might look like something from a You Tube video:

Credit: Fightnews- http://www.fightnews...972#more-252972

Jack

#2 mrchitown

mrchitown

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,948 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:43 PM

This might turnout to be a good idea, I can't wait to see how it looks

Edited by mrchitown, 17 July 2014 - 08:44 PM.

#3 BigHouseLou

BigHouseLou

Amateur

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:19 PM

Here comes instant replays in boxing. aggressive.gif

I don't know why but this reminds me of when Fox put a tracer on hockey pucks interesting but unnecessary

Edited by BigHouseLou, 17 July 2014 - 09:20 PM.

#4 Jack 1000

Jack 1000

The Consultant

• Root Admin
  • 9,875 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:26 PM

QUOTE (BigHouseLou @ Jul 17 2014, 09:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here comes instant replays in boxing. aggressive.gif

I don't know why but this reminds me of when Fox put a tracer on hockey pucks interesting but unnecessary

They do that in limited areas with commission approval, but only on limited rules,

For example checking if a punch came from a head-butt, whether a punch was low or fair. If it is used, a three-panel committee can review the call in question. I think the corner can make a request in between rounds. I think the ref can request a review as well of the call in question. In order to overturn the ref's call, the committee must agree UNANIMOUSLY that there was an error in the call. If they can't agree, or can't tell from the replay, the original ruling stands.

I don't mind it AS LONG as it doesn't take away from the natural flow of the fight. I think to prevent abuses of the system, each corner could have the right to have the committee review ONE CALL per fighter. If the ref has to review more than one call per fight, his confidence and abilities should be questioned and he probably should not be a ref.

I think scorecards would get too messed up if they started challenging and changing slips vs. knockdowns.

I'll take this over any form of open scoring shit.

Jack

#5 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:19 AM

It can lead to better calls Or better understanding of bad ones...refs view is good idea.

#6 Jack 1000

Jack 1000

The Consultant

• Root Admin
  • 9,875 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 08:27 PM

Any information on tonight's results or the ref-cam? Being that Teddy Atlas is so opinionated, what was his views on the ref cam? How did the quality of the ref-cam look?

Jack

#7 mrchitown

mrchitown

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,948 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 08:52 PM

T. Atlas spoke that real about Canelo, glad somebody saw it the way most did

The ref cam is pretty cool and Atlas is helping the new guy who is overseeing the NYSAC with getting fighters insured.

Mayfield should give it up, he looks like a C level version of Shane Mosley. And he's fading bad in this last rd

#8 Jack 1000

Jack 1000

The Consultant

• Root Admin
  • 9,875 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 08:59 PM

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 18 2014, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
T. Atlas spoke that real about Canelo, glad somebody saw it the way most did

The ref cam is pretty cool and Atlas is helping the new guy who is overseeing the NYSAC with getting fighters insured.

Mayfield should give it up, he looks like a C level version of Shane Mosley. And he's fading bad in this last rd

Did they show the ref cam that way for all the rounds of each fight, or just to highlight certain points?

I am not an Atlas fan, but he does some good things, and that is cool he is helping with insurance for fighters in New York.

Jack

#9 mrchitown

mrchitown

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,948 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jul 18 2014, 08:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did they show the ref cam that way for all the rounds of each fight, or just to highlight certain points?

I am not an Atlas fan, but he does some good things, and that is cool he is helping with insurance for fighters in New York.

Jack

Atlas is one of the few genuine guys in the sport. The rest are leeches

Nah,they highlighted certain parts and showed how it looked, it was pretty cool imo

Edited by mrchitown, 18 July 2014 - 09:23 PM.

#10 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 10:05 PM

I didn't see to much of cam. They really did talk about it to much but it could be a factor from the little they showed. I didn't like that stoppage in the second fight .....and my boy looked like shit leaving Virgil wasn't a good move. Corner instructions were garbage. Ans then it speaks more for Chris cause that's who he fought before Provo.. man Teddy was letting karim have it during this fight lol and I had to agree! Teddy always tells it like it is. And like Chi said he was on the money wit the Camelot Lara fight. Fat Dan showing of his top rank Jersey lol ...he knew there were more viable options than Chris .....not that Chris didn't earn the spot outright he just wasn't the only non haymon Guy available.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users