Photo

New Forum - Questions, comments, concerns, etc.

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 thehype

thehype

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

• Root Admin
  • 21,496 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:19 PM

Hey everybody. I apologize for the sudden downtime of the forum, but some long overdue upgrades were needed. There's a ton of new features and more changes coming, so if you have any questions, comments, concerns, or suggestions, feel free to post them in here and the moderating team will make a note of it and get back to you.

Just FYI, thus far, I think the only thing that may have been lost in the upgrade are some of the avatars, so you may have to set a new one for your profile. Other than that, it looks like everything transferred over.

#2 Jack 1000

Jack 1000

The Consultant

• Root Admin
  • 9,877 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:56 PM

Great job Ben!!!!

Everything just looks so much more modern now!  Tomorrow or so, I will do more testing and evaluating.  Users and staffers, please post any comments or bugs about the updates here.  Awesome job!!!

Jack

Administrator

#3 Jack 1000

Jack 1000

The Consultant

• Root Admin
  • 9,877 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:02 PM

One bug I do see, is that thread titles in the right hand colum for forum threads are not lined up well, they are over-lapping.  Will evaluate more tomorrow.

Jack

#4 Jack 1000

Jack 1000

The Consultant

• Root Admin
  • 9,877 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:20 PM

An added feature to bring back,

The sub-title field for topics, which is currently missing.  This must not have carried over.

Jack

#5 Jack 1000

Jack 1000

The Consultant

• Root Admin
  • 9,877 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:33 PM

Here's a link to the software's Help FAQ section.  Note that some updates may not be fully activated yet.  However, there might be some good tips there in working with the new features:

http://fighthype.com...ore&module=help

Jack

#6 Jack 1000

Jack 1000

The Consultant

• Root Admin
  • 9,877 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 08:03 PM

The folllowing will also help with any bugs,

When posting any bugs or other issues in this thread, please indicate the following:

•  Computer or device type and Operating system that you are using (i.e PC-Windows, Mac. Mobile Device)
  • Version number of OS or Device. (i.e Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Mac OS #)
  • The browser that you are using to access the forum and version number. (i.e Firefox 31, IE 11.)
  • If you get any error messages, please quote EXACTLY what they say. All of this aids in our investigation of any bugs that might still need to be squashed.

Jack

#7 Jack 1000

Jack 1000

The Consultant

• Root Admin
  • 9,877 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 10:29 AM

Not really a bug,

Could be a feature by design.  But if you go to the main forum.  "Fighthype Fan Zone", and you only see a list of recent posts, notice on the left-hand side that "Recently Updated" is turned on by default.  Early tests are that you need to click on Recently Updated again for all posts to show.  Have not yet worked with the other tabs.

Jack

#8 aTYpicalTYrant

aTYpicalTYrant

Bantamweight

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 08:04 PM

This is great. I'm going to thoroughly comb through this updated site/forum. The last major update caused many issues for myself.

#9 Jack 1000

Jack 1000

The Consultant

• Root Admin
  • 9,877 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 08:17 PM

Hey All,

You can specify how you want threads to appear  on the page and how they should be organized.  This is done with your personalized post thread filter,

• On the left hand side of the main page, you will see a tab that says "Custom."  Click on the down arrow, and you can select the forum filtering that you want.
  • If you click the "Remember these options" check box-The filter will hold for you.  If you clear the check box, the filters will only hold for that browsing session.

The default is to show recently updated thread topics.  Click the " Recently Updated Topics" again to show all threads, if you don't want to use the Custom Filters.

Jack

#10 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 13,706 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 02:25 PM

Hey All,

You can specify how you want threads to appear  on the page and how they should be organized.  This is done with your personalized post thread filter,

• On the left hand side of the main page, you will see a tab that says "Custom."  Click on the down arrow, and you can select the forum filtering that you want.
  • If you click the "Remember these options" check box-The filter will hold for you.  If you clear the check box, the filters will only hold for that browsing session.

The default is to show recently updated thread topics.  Click the " Recently Updated Topics" again to show all threads, if you don't want to use the Custom Filters.

Jack

I don't see the "custom" tab on the main page. Can you help me out with this? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users