• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 flazi

flazi

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 11:43 AM

this dude obviously has a mental defect.  he needs to be saved from himself.  that being said there is probably so funny shit 50c is doing behind the scenes with the money.

#22 mrchitown

mrchitown

Heavyweight

• Members
  • 6,529 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 05:18 PM

Yeah, he's torn his Sunday draws with me....done with Kirkland. I mean, where in his head, does he feel that he deserves all of these huge paydays? The last formidable opponent that he fought, was Angulo...and maybe we can throw Carlos Molina's name in there (I'm still mad at him for stinking up the joint against Smith on the Canelo/Mayweather undercard). 

I'm starting to believe that dude has some type of mental issue...he's too damn impulsive for his own good. Just how many times is he gonna fire his team....the same people who stuck by him while he pissed away great opportunities. 

It seems like anybody that's in place to do some type of good for him, he finds a way to ruin it. Anybody that means him no good, are always at the forefront. I wanna know who's in his ear like this. Shit, was 50 supposed not make any money off the fight? I mean, he is the promoter, correct? 

James' career is going down the shitter, rather quickly. Oh who am I kidding? It went down a long time ago. Smh

I think he's afraid to succeed. I think a majority of us know people like that. They have the tools to be successful but are afraid to take the necessary steps.mits brothers in jail like that and Kirkland is no different

That's why I root for him because I want to see him conquer his demons but at some point you have to cut your losses, and as a fan of his i will always be a fan but I will no longer a arch him fight if he fights again. I can't support a guy who keeps pissing away golden opportunities. Every time he has the opportunity to break through a barrier, he turns around and runs in the opposite direction. He just can't put it all together

#23 mrchitown

mrchitown

Heavyweight

• Members
  • 6,529 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 05:20 PM

this dude obviously has a mental defect.  he needs to be saved from himself.  that being said there is probably so funny shit 50c is doing behind the scenes with the money.

I doubt that, people always painting 50 as the villain but you can't find one disgruntled employee of his. If he's ever been janky with the money then it would've been came out. All his businesses, not once has he been accused of playing with the money

You might have him mistaken with Jay Z or Diddy

#24 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,154 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 02:19 PM

I think he's afraid to succeed. I think a majority of us know people like that. They have the tools to be successful but are afraid to take the necessary steps.mits brothers in jail like that and Kirkland is no different

That's why I root for him because I want to see him conquer his demons but at some point you have to cut your losses, and as a fan of his i will always be a fan but I will no longer a arch him fight if he fights again. I can't support a guy who keeps pissing away golden opportunities. Every time he has the opportunity to break through a barrier, he turns around and runs in the opposite direction. He just can't put it all together

Can't argue with your point at all. Some people just aren't used to having it good in life, so anything that appears to be a great opportunity, ends up getting sabotaged. 

Honestly, I threw in the towel when he went to jail. Just looking at his history and seeing where he came from, in conjunction with the crime that put him back behind bars, was enough for me to wash my hands of him.

It's not a judgement thing, because I don't know Kirkland, but I've seen Kirkland-types before. It's hard to feel sorry for somebody who isn't making the most of opportunities that will keep them in good standing.

Hell, it's hard to feel sorry for the Tysons and Holyfields of the world, who go broke. Point is, these guys live lives that most dream of, so that alone, strips any feeling of pity that I ever felt for them. These guys put their lives on the line, so they should conduct themselves, as if they wont be able to do it forever. 

#25 mrchitown

mrchitown

Heavyweight

• Members
  • 6,529 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 07:27 PM

Can't argue with your point at all. Some people just aren't used to having it good in life, so anything that appears to be a great opportunity, ends up getting sabotaged. 

Honestly, I threw in the towel when he went to jail. Just looking at his history and seeing where he came from, in conjunction with the crime that put him back behind bars, was enough for me to wash my hands of him.

It's not a judgement thing, because I don't know Kirkland, but I've seen Kirkland-types before. It's hard to feel sorry for somebody who isn't making the most of opportunities that will keep them in good standing.

Hell, it's hard to feel sorry for the Tysons and Holyfields of the world, who go broke. Point is, these guys live lives that most dream of, so that alone, strips any feeling of pity that I ever felt for them. These guys put their lives on the line, so they should conduct themselves, as if they wont be able to do it forever.

I don't feel sorry for Holyfield ever lol.....as it pertains to Mike, I might have some sympathy for him but he went back to Don King! Which was the biggest mistake he made, King never had his best interests in mind. His money losses are a direct result of his own actions as well as King and them leeches he had around him

Everyone knows I'm a big fan of Zab too but I don't feel for him either. He's best when he's trained by anyone but his father. The world sees it but Zab doesn't. His career wouldve more then likely been different if he didn't have his pops training him

Kirkland is going to look back on his career and not know what happened, he doesn't strike me as a person who takes accountability for his actions. When he got locked up he had the golden boy himself, De La Hoya vouching for him. I'm sure that swayed the judge and jury to cut him some slack. And he gets out and messes up again. What was it? Domestic violence? Constantly tries to break away from Wolfe whose one of the few who cares for him. He doesn't know what good is and he doesn't seem to have a desire to do good. He defeats himself. It's getting late in the game for him, he needs to make a life decision not a career decision a life decision. He's going to have to decide to either pick it up or leave it alone
  • Cshel86 likes this

#26 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,154 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 10:56 AM

I don't feel sorry for Holyfield ever lol.....as it pertains to Mike, I might have some sympathy for him but he went back to Don King! Which was the biggest mistake he made, King never had his best interests in mind. His money losses are a direct result of his own actions as well as King and them leeches he had around him

Everyone knows I'm a big fan of Zab too but I don't feel for him either. He's best when he's trained by anyone but his father. The world sees it but Zab doesn't. His career wouldve more then likely been different if he didn't have his pops training him

Kirkland is going to look back on his career and not know what happened, he doesn't strike me as a person who takes accountability for his actions. When he got locked up he had the golden boy himself, De La Hoya vouching for him. I'm sure that swayed the judge and jury to cut him some slack. And he gets out and messes up again. What was it? Domestic violence? Constantly tries to break away from Wolfe whose one of the few who cares for him. He doesn't know what good is and he doesn't seem to have a desire to do good. He defeats himself. It's getting late in the game for him, he needs to make a life decision not a career decision a life decision. He's going to have to decide to either pick it up or leave it alone

Its hard to feel sorry for any of those guys, lol. Sad thing is, regardless of their money issues....they still live better than most of us (from a material standpoint), lol. 

You rode hard for Zab...most did, especially when he turned his life around. Why did you think it wasn't the best idea for his father to train him? I'm just asking, because most people have different opinions of fathers training their sons. 

Kirkland is just in the way at this point...in the way in the boxing divisions, and in the his own way...blocking all of his better opportunities. He has burned more bridges than a few, but sadly, Oscar would probably take him back, if he tried to come back. As big of an idiot as he is, he's still a walking dollar sign for some of these promoters. 

He did have a domestic violence charge filed against him, but I don't believe it stuck. At the end of the day, dude is brainless has hell, and has some of the dumbest people talking in his ear. I'd much rather him be signed to TR, so we'll at least know this his career is gonna get railroaded. At this time, he's in a good position to fight a few top names, but he just doesn't get it. 

#27 mrchitown

mrchitown

Heavyweight

• Members
  • 6,529 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 07:39 PM

Its hard to feel sorry for any of those guys, lol. Sad thing is, regardless of their money issues....they still live better than most of us (from a material standpoint), lol. 

You rode hard for Zab...most did, especially when he turned his life around. Why did you think it wasn't the best idea for his father to train him? I'm just asking, because most people have different opinions of fathers training their sons. 

Kirkland is just in the way at this point...in the way in the boxing divisions, and in the his own way...blocking all of his better opportunities. He has burned more bridges than a few, but sadly, Oscar would probably take him back, if he tried to come back. As big of an idiot as he is, he's still a walking dollar sign for some of these promoters. 

He did have a domestic violence charge filed against him, but I don't believe it stuck. At the end of the day, dude is brainless has hell, and has some of the dumbest people talking in his ear. I'd much rather him be signed to TR, so we'll at least know this his career is gonna get railroaded. At this time, he's in a good position to fight a few top names, but he just doesn't get it.

When athletes or cells go broke they still go rich people broke, not we taking your house,your car, your life and killing your credit broke.

I think it was a bad deciosn on Zab's part because sometimes the father doesn't always know best. He didn't turn his life around with his pops in his corner, he did thst after Pernell got a hold of him. Everyone knows how Zab admires Pernell and Pernell had been wanting to get with Zab and get him on the right track. The instances in the ring and outside the ring where Zab got into trouble his fsther was in his corner

It's almost like he enabled Zab to act in that way. When Yoel was gone, Zab seemed to flourish a bit. I don't think he would've besten Matthysse with Yoel in his corner. "Bang boom pow pow pop" is not a strategy to take into a fight with Matthysse. Look at his performances without his father and look at his most recent one with Malinaggi. He was just going through the motions, like he was there just to be there. And he didn't show any fire until the 12th round. I think Zab is one of them dudes who needs a different perspective as far as fighting goes and it doesn't need to come from his father.

By the time Kirkland realizes what's really going on and decides to be more active, it might be too late. It's so annoying to watch someone with that level of talent and potential just piss it away because he's stuck in the street mentality

#28 flazi

flazi

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 11:24 AM

you are right about zab and his fire.  with paulie he was just there, there was no game plan or adjustments.  

#29 mrchitown

mrchitown

Heavyweight

• Members
  • 6,529 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 07:45 PM

you are right about zab and his fire.  with paulie he was just there, there was no game plan or adjustments.

None at all, Judah just went through the motions. He showed no signs of life until the 12th round

#30 klonopinz

klonopinz

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 04:22 PM

is rosado now fighting david lemieux? i dotn see nothing about kirkland anymore

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users