• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,154 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:58 AM

When athletes or cells go broke they still go rich people broke, not we taking your house,your car, your life and killing your credit broke.

I think it was a bad deciosn on Zab's part because sometimes the father doesn't always know best. He didn't turn his life around with his pops in his corner, he did thst after Pernell got a hold of him. Everyone knows how Zab admires Pernell and Pernell had been wanting to get with Zab and get him on the right track. The instances in the ring and outside the ring where Zab got into trouble his fsther was in his corner

It's almost like he enabled Zab to act in that way. When Yoel was gone, Zab seemed to flourish a bit. I don't think he would've besten Matthysse with Yoel in his corner. "Bang boom pow pow pop" is not a strategy to take into a fight with Matthysse. Look at his performances without his father and look at his most recent one with Malinaggi. He was just going through the motions, like he was there just to be there. And he didn't show any fire until the 12th round. I think Zab is one of them dudes who needs a different perspective as far as fighting goes and it doesn't need to come from his father.

By the time Kirkland realizes what's really going on and decides to be more active, it might be too late. It's so annoying to watch someone with that level of talent and potential just piss it away because he's stuck in the street mentality

Good points about Zab! You think Yoel enabled him, or do you think Zab was just that much of a hard head and did his own thing? How long was Pernell with him, two fights, maybe? I can't remember...

I have no further words for Kirkland....dude is a huge disappointment. I can't stand people that ALWAYS need folks around them to make sure they don't stray away and do stupid shit. Chances are, they'll end up keeping the wrong company and ignoring the people that really care for them....classic Kirkland case. 

I mean, he's not as great as projects to be. He's always one punch away from being that guy that got embarrassed by Ishida a few years ago. On top of that, nobody can keep him shape the way Wolfe can...hence why he got fleeced by Ishida. As a grown man, he needs to be babysat waaaay too much. Lol

#32 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,154 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 11:02 AM

is rosado now fighting david lemieux? i dotn see nothing about kirkland anymore

Yes he is! I'm not sure what a Lemiuex fight does for him, other than create another obstacle in his career. Lemieux hits haaaard, but he doesn't have the best movement...so I can see Rosado taking advantage of that. 

Lemiuex beat the guy (Fernando Guerrero) who got embarrassed the guy (Quillen) who beat Rosado....so Lemiuex's better than Rosado. Excuse my triangle theory, I'm just trolling here. :lol:

#33 sduck

sduck

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 01:58 PM

Rosado by easy KO

If they do fight, looks like they're not fighting anymore.

Edited by sduck, 28 October 2014 - 02:00 PM.

#34 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,154 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 09:00 PM

Rosado by easy KO

If they do fight, looks like they're not fighting anymore.

Yeah, thank Kirkland for that. 

:lol:

#35 BrutUalBK

BrutUalBK

Welterweight

• Banned
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 07:57 PM

FYI, Rosado has been training with BHop and from what I've heard in the camps it has benefitted Gabriel quite well, I expect Rosado to show a lot more in the defense department with movement and probably even pulling off a few of Hopkins' traps to make Kirkland run into something with his wild antics.

#36 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,154 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 11:28 PM

FYI, Rosado has been training with BHop and from what I've heard in the camps it has benefitted Gabriel quite well, I expect Rosado to show a lot more in the defense department with movement and probably even pulling off a few of Hopkins' traps to make Kirkland run into something with his wild antics.

I guess that Hopkins will be able to give him even better advice on how to deal with a power puncher, since he just fought Sergey. Lemiuex is a big puncher, and if he beats Roasdo, I wouldn't mind seeing him fight GGG. 

#37 mgrover

mgrover

Cruiserweight

• Moderators
  • 5,440 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:01 AM

I guess that Hopkins will be able to give him even better advice on how to deal with a power puncher, since he just fought Sergey. Lemiuex is a big puncher, and if he beats Roasdo, I wouldn't mind seeing him fight GGG. 

whats that advice gonna be like? Don't get hit? haha

#38 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,154 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 10:09 AM

whats that advice gonna be like? Don't get hit? haha

Pretty much, lol. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to explain that, but somehow, I think Rosado's gonna need that very piece of advice. He's too badass for his own good

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users