Photo

Showtime Quadruple Header 12/13 (Khan/Alexander, Charlo/Bottani, Mares/Ramirez Thurman/Bundu) (Khan-Alexander Poll Added)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
35 replies to this topic

Poll: Khan-Alexander Poll (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Who Wins Khan-Alexander?

1. Khan by dec (close) (5 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. Khan by dec (wide) (1 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

3. Khan by KO/TKO (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Alexander by dec (close) (1 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

5. Alexander by dec (wide) (0 votes [0.00%])

6. Alexander by KO/TKO (3 votes [30.00%])

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

7. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

8. DQ (Indicate Loser in Response) (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote

#11 mgrover

mgrover

Cruiserweight

• Moderators
  • 5,440 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:33 PM

so golden boy is still cool with showtime?? Or atleast Al Haymon still has no problems using Golden boy

also Khan SD and Charlo SD, Thurmans a bit obvious

#12 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,154 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:56 AM

I'm reeeeeally wondering how this Charlo/Andrade fight is gonna go! Two young talented fighters putting it all on the line, why not??? Lol

I'm not sure which twin this is, but if it's the one with the killer instinct, then this can turn out to be a nasty one! I hope nobody plays it too safe in this one, but something is telling me that it's gonna come down to the jab and the left hook from both guys. I'm not sure if there's a huge difference in reach, but most think that tall guys have a long reach....may not be the case here. 

When Andrade lands a good shot, he sometimes tends to get a little too excited, and paid for it in the 1st round of the Martirosyan fight. On top of that, he seems to sit back in the pocket a little too long and waits too long to get off. 

I'm not saying that the Charlos are THAT aggressive, but they're both busy fighters. They also have spills where you wonder if they're gonna step on the gas. I like Charlo in this one, maybe because just comes off as a goofy dude. Lol

#13 klonopinz

klonopinz

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 10:18 AM

this is the charlo that beat rosado. jermell. jermall is the one who wants to fight k9, who rpeviously was set to fight molina before he got detained. i believe adrade's speed will shock charlo. i think that right hook is is dangerous weapon because he is a converted right hander. his jab will be more potent and so will his hook, plus he has experience beating martirosyan, who is better and more experienced than charlo. lara couldnt even decision vanes. andrade edged him out and showed he can win rounds. i think charlo is in for a rude aakening. this is his first b level fighter. gabriel was c at best. and none of his opponents had ability of andrade.

• Cshel86 likes this

#14 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,154 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 10:53 AM

this is the charlo that beat rosado. jermell. jermall is the one who wants to fight k9, who rpeviously was set to fight molina before he got detained. i believe adrade's speed will shock charlo. i think that right hook is is dangerous weapon because he is a converted right hander. his jab will be more potent and so will his hook, plus he has experience beating martirosyan, who is better and more experienced than charlo. lara couldnt even decision vanes. andrade edged him out and showed he can win rounds. i think charlo is in for a rude aakening. this is his first b level fighter. gabriel was c at best. and none of his opponents had ability of andrade.

Okay, I didn't know which brother was fighting. C'mon KP, you're seriously not using a triangle theory here, are you? :lol:

Rosado and Vanes are in the same boat, if we really wanna compare them....so in my eyes, neither of them (Charlo and Andrade) have faced anyone near their competition level. If you wanna do it that way, then we can say that Charlo has more experience because he beat Rosado, whom has been in with the likes of Angulo, Quillen, GGG, Soto-Karass, and Love. Meanwhile, Vanes has been in with who? Lara, in an ugly style matchup...that's it. 

I'm looking at Andrade, and he doesn't even look THAT extraordinary in there....unless it's with a no-hoper. Hell, I've seen him unable to close the deal against a few no-hopers as well. Charlo may have to dig in Andrade's shit early, close the distance with something big, and either set the tone of the fight, or end it on site. 

Thanks for the info on Andrade being a converted right hander....those guys usually have the best hooks. I'll have to see how he fairs against someone who can match him skill wise....seems like it'll be a shootout....better that than a boring clash of styles. Lol

#15 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 08:54 PM

Victor Ortiz and Abner mares also appearing on card!!!!!

#16 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,154 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 11:09 PM

Victor Ortiz and Abner mares also appearing on card!!!!!

Looks like one of them will be moving to the "first bout of the evening" slot...no thanks to Andrade for pulling out of the Charlo fight. There was something floating around about financial terms and Andrade mentioned something about being there for his child's birth. My thing is, a simple glance at the freakin calender would've taken care of that. 

There was also a video posted of him, sometime last month, saying that he wanted K-9 and not Charlo...so there we have it, another guy messing up a solid card. I wont go as far as saying that he's lost a fan in me (not that Im his biggest fan anyway), but c'mon dude, if you didn't want the fight and nothing was official (as he mentioned), then don't pull our leg. 

• AZWildCat likes this

#17 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 09:52 AM

I was disappointed when I heard also. He could of broke camp for birth then got right back to business... Like two other people already did this year.. Ijs. No matter they still got a solid card going just lost a bit of foundation. I had andrade winning by us anyway.

#18 Jack 1000

Jack 1000

The Consultant

• Root Admin
  • 10,791 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 01:09 PM

Haymon is giving us a Christmas gift lol......great card overall. Khan-Alexander is a toss up. It won't be a walk in the park for neither boxer

Yes,

I can't pick a winner for Khan-Alexander.  This really is a 50/50 fight.

Jack

#19 mrchitown

mrchitown

Heavyweight

• Members
  • 6,529 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 12:25 PM

Yes,

I can't pick a winner for Khan-Alexander.  This really is a 50/50 fight.

Jack

Andrade just had to go and mess it up. Feel bad for Charlo because that's the second title shot he had that fell through.

I'm hoping no injuries take place which would force the fight to get pushed back, that tends to happen in Devon's fights. This definitely is a toss up fight. It's rare we actually get a chance to watch two fighters go at it in their primes, don't know which way I'm leaning but I'm excited about this fight

#20 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 01:22 PM

Causal fans are wearing their pactard/flomo/glomo Tee's stating this fight will be boring non interesting and none important.... Maybe khan and Alexander should troll Manny n Floyd like Briggs been doing Klitschko to get some media hype

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users