Photo

Showtime Quadruple Header 12/13 (Khan/Alexander, Charlo/Bottani, Mares/Ramirez Thurman/Bundu) (Khan-Alexander Poll Added)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
35 replies to this topic

Poll: Khan-Alexander Poll (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Who Wins Khan-Alexander?

1. Khan by dec (close) (5 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. Khan by dec (wide) (1 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

3. Khan by KO/TKO (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Alexander by dec (close) (1 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

5. Alexander by dec (wide) (0 votes [0.00%])

6. Alexander by KO/TKO (3 votes [30.00%])

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

7. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

8. DQ (Indicate Loser in Response) (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote

#21 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 05:54 PM

A good day/night for boxing fans this rounds things up

Abner Mares (27-1-1, 14 KOs) vs Jose Ramirez (24-3-2, 15 KOs)

IBF Title Elimination bout
Jermall Charlo (19-0, 15 KOs) vs Lenny Bottai (22-2, 9 KOs)

Jermell "Iron Man" Charlo (24-0, 11 KOs) vs Mario Alberto Lozano (28-5, 20 KOs)

Errol Spence Jr. (14-0, 11 KOs) vs Mike Arnaoutis (24-10-1, 11 KOs)

Victor Ortiz (29-5-2, 22 KOs) vs Manuel Perez (21-10-1, 4 KOs)

#22 mrchitown

mrchitown

Heavyweight

• Members
  • 6,529 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 08:14 PM

That's a nice card and definitely one of the better Showtime cards this year...they need to carry some positive momentum into 2015 from this

#23 Jack 1000

Jack 1000

The Consultant

• Root Admin
  • 10,791 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 08:26 PM

That's a nice card and definitely one of the better Showtime cards this year...they need to carry some positive momentum into 2015 from this

The only time waster is Ortiz fighting that bum.  They want to make sure Victor won't be a quitter.  Good card.

Jack

• mrchitown likes this

#24 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 10:09 AM

From what Joseph Diaz was saying in an interview a few days ago "hes hungry and he's ready". I'll take another fighters word over his word, trainer manager promoter. But I'll still have to see it to be convinced
  • mrchitown likes this

#25 mrchitown

mrchitown

Heavyweight

• Members
  • 6,529 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 12:16 AM

The only time waster is Ortiz fighting that bum.  They want to make sure Victor won't be a quitter.  Good card.

Jack

I agree, they seem to be trying to build him back up a bit. Though Ortiz is so unpredictable you never know which version of him shows up on fight night. I hope we see the focused Victor Ortiz because that's the fighter I like. When he's locked in he's worth the price of admission.

From what Joseph Diaz was saying in an interview a few days ago "hes hungry and he's ready". I'll take another fighters word over his word, trainer manager promoter. But I'll still have to see it to be convinced

Yup, never know which Victor shows up
  • Cshel86 likes this

#26 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,154 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 05:43 PM

Jack

:lol:

He's fighting a guy with 10 losses! Guys like Salido had losses in the double digits, but he had been in with world champs...not sure about Victor's opponent though.

#27 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 11:05 AM

:lol:
He's fighting a guy with 10 losses! Guys like Salido had losses in the double digits, but he had been in with world champs...not sure about Victor's opponent though.

Possible set up for the cash out?

#28 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,154 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 03:24 PM

Possible set up for the cash out?

That may be the move here....make him look good for the next 2 fights, match him up big, and hopes he wins. I can see a Berto rematch on the horizon, possibly in April.

IF he beats Berto, then they can match him light and scout out the next big fight...maybe Soto-Karass or a a Maidana rematch...of course that would be a cash out fight. Lol

#29 Jack 1000

Jack 1000

The Consultant

• Root Admin
  • 10,791 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 05:18 PM

Hey All,

I added a poll and voted for Alexander by close decision,

Not certain of this pick, but the conventional wisdom is that if Devon can box, hit and not get hit, especially early, he will win with better defense and counter-punching.  Remember that Danny Garcia is not exactly a murderous puncher, and he had Khan on the floor and stopped him.

I said this was a 50/50 fight, I think I am moving more toward a 60/40 split in Alexander's favor.  Hard to say whether this will be neck and neck, a down to the wire nail-biter?  (Khan-Peterson) or a blitz?) Devon's not blitzing anybody.  He's not a power-hitter.  But Khan can get blitzed early (Prescott I) to mid rounds (Garcia) or do the blitzing himself (Precott II) (Judah)  This is really a hard to call fight.  I think if Devon does not get stuck in a surprising trap of Khan, especially early, he wins.

Jack

• Cshel86 likes this

#30 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,154 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 09:57 PM

I have to go with Khan by close decision....118-112 or at the very least 115-113. He's not THE volume puncher that he used to be (because of his new style), but he can STLL be hit with clean shots. 

Speaking of clean shots, how great is Devon at that nowadays? He RARELY sits down on his shots, and looks horrible when a guy with decent range lands jabs while he attempts to throw a straight left. 

I believe Khan will take this one, maybe with a little struggle (because of the southpaw stance from Devon), but I believe he beats Devon fairly easily here. I'll be surprised if Devon goes out there and goes for the gusto, but he's never been the biggest finisher. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users