Photo

Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri-Preview and Poll!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
54 replies to this topic

Poll: Pacquiao vs. Algieri-Poll (12 member(s) have cast votes)

Who Wins?

1. Pacquiao by Dec (Close) (5 votes [45.45%])

Percentage of vote: 45.45%

2. Pacquiao by Dec (Wide) (3 votes [27.27%])

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

3. Pacquiao by KO/TKO (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Algieri by Dec (Close) (2 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

5. Algieri by Dec (Wide) (1 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

6. Algieri by KO/TKO (0 votes [0.00%])

7. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

8. DQ (Indicate Loser in Response) (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote

#11 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 11:49 AM

Algeri wins by MD in a boxing clinic in first fight and UD in rematch. Bobs fuckery won't hold any weight in this matchup!!! PAC is done

#12 mrchitown

mrchitown

Heavyweight

• Members
  • 6,529 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 02:15 PM

Admin Note: Info added. Pacquiao quick clips/pics below:

http://cdn1.vox-cdn....ey_overhand.gif

http://cdn0.sbnation...83/4_medium.gif

http://a.espncdn.com...otto_sy_600.jpg

Defensive stud lol

#13 Plah

Plah

Super Featherweight

• Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 01:13 AM

Algieri's good but at this point Pac is a bit too much for him imo. Pac 8 rounds to 4

#14 mgrover

mgrover

Cruiserweight

• Moderators
  • 5,440 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 06:22 AM

pretty sure we can find/make gifs like that for every fighter, hell your second gif proves my point, Rios lands one out of how many punches?

#15 sduck

sduck

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 08:38 AM

I think the point is that someone with good defense shouldn't be getting hit with shots like that, especially against shit fighters like Rios.

#16 mrchitown

mrchitown

Heavyweight

• Members
  • 6,529 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 04:21 PM

pretty sure we can find/make gifs like that for every fighter, hell your second gif proves my point, Rios lands one out of how many punches?

If you had a point then I must've missed it because you said the comments about him having no defense were funny and didn't back up your statement with anything after that. The guy has below avg defense and he makes rookie mistakes defensively. The shot that changed his life he made a mistake that top notch amateurs don't make...IDK why people ignore the fact that he goes in and out with his combinations with his hands down. His defense is his offense and trying to run outta harms way before he gets tattooed.

We could find gifs of fighters getting hit but he's no Mayweather, Ward, Rigo or Hopkins defensively. Hell, he ain't even Danny Garcia or Tim Bradley defensively. TB proved(which is why I posted the gif) that Manny still hasn't learned much since Marquez knocked him out. Look where his hands were, and that's not even the reckless Pacquiao that's the new patient Pacquiao we've seen. I stand by my point which is he has below avg defense

#17 mrchitown

mrchitown

Heavyweight

• Members
  • 6,529 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 04:22 PM

I think the point is that someone with good defense shouldn't be getting hit with shots like that, especially against shit fighters like Rios.

Yes, he was getting hit when he was reckless now he's trying to be more patient and he got buzzed by a fighter who people say has minimal pop (TB). His defense is below avg. and when Rios opened up on him, all he did was ball up and wait for it to be over.

#18 sduck

sduck

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 01:53 PM

Mark my words. Algieri is going to beat the breaks off of Pacquiao. He knows it too, that's why he's so confident.

#19 mgrover

mgrover

Cruiserweight

• Moderators
  • 5,440 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 08:08 AM

Yes, he was getting hit when he was reckless now he's trying to be more patient and he got buzzed by a fighter who people say has minimal pop (TB). His defense is below avg. and when Rios opened up on him, all he did was ball up and wait for it to be over.

yet people argue that Bradley is a accurate puncher, and Rios is a big guy and neither landed such an amount. I remember people making the argument that Maidana landed a surprising amount on Mayweather due to looping shots and what not, and thats effectively what both Rios and Bradley was doing, and if the shots were straight or conventional or whatever it'd be "cool". Clearly his below average defence hasn't cost him heavily, well when he applies it rather than running in gunning it, then again I suppose that could be an aspect to defence

#20 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,951 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 12:36 PM

I think Algieri will give Manny all he can handle early then ultimately get caught with something that saps his confidence and has him on the defensive. Manny will benefit from inactivity and steal rounds. The close rounds will most likely go Manny's way so I have it for Manny in a close one that doesn't make either fighter look any better after the fact. 

Edited by Franchize, 05 November 2014 - 12:36 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users