• Please log in to reply
206 replies to this topic

#11 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,152 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 09:17 PM

Hopkins is a bit long in the tooth, but at this point, age and father time are two different things. If and only if his body catches up to him tonight, it wont be because of his age. If age were case, then it would've happened eons ago. The ages of 32-35 are the granddaddy ages in boxing....Hopkins has surely surpassed that age range. 

I saw the weigh-in, and Sergey seemed a bit goofy and bashful during the staredown, while Hopkins kept it simple and solid. I'm not sure if Sergey is a goofy dude by nature (most dudes that pack a punch, are), but he looked a bit out of his league at the weigh-in....or maybe he wasn't used to the big stage. He acted the same way after his last fight, during the Hopkins interview.

I haven't seen Sergey box for a whole fight, but he's been in there with guys that he can demolish, so what's the point? If he stays low (throw low) and move, he'll be okay. Hopkins doesn't throw that many punches during rounds, but the few that he throws counts...in conjunction with his other antics.

I think Hopkins is probably gonna use the first two rounds to let Kovalev know that he's in a fight, take a couple of rounds off, wait for Kovalev to get careless and try to make the most of his work, then capitalize off his mistakes. 

Between Kovalev and Stevenson, I believe Hopkins is saving his weapons for the Stevenson fight (if he gets through tonight without losing or creating a "rematch situation"). Stevenson is more mobile and versatile than Kovalev. If Kovalev possesses the same attributes, then we should've seen it loooong before tonight. 

Hopkins by a weird TKO

#12 pimpfighterROQ

pimpfighterROQ

Bantamweight

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 10:02 PM

can anyone share any HBO links? All i get are the euro streams...they're annoying as hell.

#13 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,152 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 10:49 PM

can anyone share any HBO links? All i get are the euro streams...they're annoying as hell.

:lol:

Those streams can't be as cringeworthy as the typical HBO nuthugger rebuttal! Lol

I'm sure someone here can help you...my trusty streams are no more...sucks for me. Welcome back too!

#14 pimpfighterROQ

pimpfighterROQ

Bantamweight

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 10:52 PM

ahh well. No choice then. Abregu fight up next. Thanks bro. 

#15 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,152 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 10:53 PM

Abregu has a 2.5 inch reach advantage, a 2 inch height advantage, and a 10 lb weight advantage tonight...

I had the SAME sideburns as Ali has in his profile pic....during my junior year of high school. 

#16 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,152 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 10:59 PM

Damn, I didn't know Earl Morton died...looks like it was back in September from cancer. RIP

Smh

#17 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,152 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 11:01 PM

Abregu looks like a giant in there...or maybe it's that big ass head of his.

#18 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,152 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 11:04 PM

Abregu's power is present, but he doesn't have a stationary target just yet. I'd have to give the 1st to Ali though...he's just movement and keeping Abregu thinking. Abregu landed a couple of left hooks, but Ali stuck to the plan of sticking and moving. 

#19 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,152 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 11:08 PM

Doubles and triples from Ali, but he isn't hurting Abregu...just keeping his thinking. Abregu landed two decent shots at the end of the 2nd, but not enough to win the round. I think he's warming up though....

#20 pimpfighterROQ

pimpfighterROQ

Bantamweight

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 11:09 PM

LOL at the boos from the crowd...

• Cshel86 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users