• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#21 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 10:49 AM

I'd picket the arena if he fought Ortiz!

A berto fight considering he looks worthy in his next fight or two would be exciting.

And I know exactly what you mean I got a few I've rode to the end and still riding.

#22 mrchitown

mrchitown

Heavyweight

• Members
  • 6,529 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 12:42 PM

Oh noooo my brotha...Swift edges a lot of these dudes at 40 and 47! You gotta ride with your favorite, even when things look a bit uncertain, lol

This is true, that's why I'm always riding for Zab and Broner lmao

#23 mrchitown

mrchitown

Heavyweight

• Members
  • 6,529 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 12:46 PM

He's a half ass star if anything and I'm sure its in Europe to middle east!
His skill level shouldn't be up for argument and his resume speaks that.
The Devon fight was good before and even better now. I was just as pissed as anyone else when he chose to weasel out last..but can't knock his financial choice even though it flopped cause at the time it seemed half way wise...not fight game praise worthy or accepted but wise. Devon can't seem to land a victory over top comp either! And I'll still take khan in a rematch with danny!
Berto has put in some work at 47 he gets that nod....but Ortiz only 47 moment was a war with berto that he undoubtedly won outright!
I don't think berto has the pop to keep karrass down I was thinking UD with a few kds on both sides. The Ortiz rematch needs to be on a night of rematches card they owe us!

That would be a great idea. Broner-Maidana 2, Ortiz-Berto 2. That would be one helluva card.

I think Khan would give Danny a run in a remarch but they've both went in opposite directions since then.mimdont see Mair trending upwards like I see Danny doing but it would still be a great rematch...Khan's overall body of work is better then Berto and Ortiz. If he's somehow able to beat Devon then that 1 victory would be bigger then anything either one of them did at WW. Devon has a nice overall resume too

#24 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 06:38 PM

That would be a great idea. Broner-Maidana 2, Ortiz-Berto 2. That would be one helluva card.
I think Khan would give Danny a run in a remarch but they've both went in opposite directions since then.mimdont see Mair trending upwards like I see Danny doing but it would still be a great rematch...Khan's overall body of work is better then Berto and Ortiz. If he's somehow able to beat Devon then that 1 victory would be bigger then anything either one of them did at WW. Devon has a nice overall resume too

And let rigo vs mares open it! (Rematch from am.) Nice card

Garcia ain't looked to much better since then either I mean both should have took a loss on HOME TURF if the boxing gods were on they jay-oh-bee! Both taking soft touches...some softer.

Yes your very correct Devon has put together a very respectable resume against some tough guys. ....he's no slouch.. Just not a juggernaut other.

#25 mrchitown

mrchitown

Heavyweight

• Members
  • 6,529 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 10:36 PM

And let rigo vs mares open it! (Rematch from am.) Nice card
Garcia ain't looked to much better since then either I mean both should have took a loss on HOME TURF if the boxing gods were on they jay-oh-bee! Both taking soft touches...some softer.
Yes your very correct Devon has put together a very respectable resume against some tough guys. ....he's no slouch.. Just not a juggernaut other.

I kinda wish Santa Cruz was fighting at a higher weight because I know he beat Broner in the ams and I'd like to see that fight. Though their in 2 different weight classes their style of fighting would mesh nicely.

Rigo in against Mares or Cruz would be awesome.

Devon isn't a juggernaut because he can't seem to get that one significant victory that would put him over the top, but that's his own doing because he's incosistent

#26 klonopinz

klonopinz

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 12:29 PM

I'm not saying that from a nuthugger standpoint either....you have just to consider the competition right now...or styles, rather. He had trouble with Herrera because of the style and movement, but there aren't many guys in either division that fight that way. 

He'll have his hands full with Thurman, Maidana, and Marquez. I feel that he'll have a rather easy time with Berto and Ortiz at this point. 

danny ould beat herrera in a rematch. i think he took him lightly and the purto rico thing put pressure on him for a KO instead of do hat he do best and box-brawl. he also wasnt listening to angel.

• Cshel86 likes this

#27 klonopinz

klonopinz

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 12:34 PM

alexander is a billy goat

#28 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,154 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:13 PM

This is true, that's why I'm always riding for Zab and Broner lmao

It's hard out here for Zab fans nowadays....you literally have to see how the planets are lined up if you're betting on him. Lol

• AZWildCat likes this

#29 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,154 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:23 PM

danny ould beat herrera in a rematch. i think he took him lightly and the purto rico thing put pressure on him for a KO instead of do hat he do best and box-brawl. he also wasnt listening to angel.

Honestly, I haven't watched the fight since it happened...still on the DVR...so I can't even remember Angel's instructions. I think Herrera's style just did a number on Danny....as it has on most of Herrera's opponents. 

#30 Dolimite

Dolimite

Heavyweight

• Members
  • 6,008 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 06:35 PM

so where does the pride of Stoney Brook University go from here? back to espn?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users