• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

#1 Jack 1000

Jack 1000

The Consultant

• Root Admin
  • 10,791 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 04:40 PM

For all on-going and post-fight reactions to the fight.  Keep everything in this thread.

No new spoiler threads or public streams permitted.

Here is Fighthype's home page exclusive round by round coverage as well!

http://www.fighthype...sults18553.html

Jack

Administrator

#2 Jack 1000

Jack 1000

The Consultant

• Root Admin
  • 10,791 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 06:06 PM

Ref and judges are as followers:

referee: Genaro Rodriguez | judge: Levi Martinez | judge: Patrick Morley | judge: Michael Pernick

In order,  that's a Chicago Ref, New Mexico Judge, Chicago Judge, Florida judge.

Credit-Boxrec.com

Any thoughts?

Jack

#3 mgrover

mgrover

Cruiserweight

• Moderators
  • 5,440 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 06:19 PM

Levi Martinez ehh, prepare for fuckery

• Cshel86 likes this

#4 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 06:39 PM

Having trouble securing a certain spot for the fight might go solo might just sit n read rbr. Enjoy the night gentlemen

#5 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,154 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 07:06 PM

I see a split decision coming out of this. Being that Algieri's "confident that the judges wont favor Pacquiao in China". let's me know that it's gonna be a crazy fight. Any fighter that has confidence in the judges in another man's backyard, is asking to lose (i.e. Trout/Canelo in Texas, Lara/Canelo in (insert ANY venue).

On the other hand, maybe this stage (or the moment) is just going to be too much for Chris. Manny doesn't crack as hard as he used to, or as hard as Ruslan, but he's quick enough to hit target....which is another way to knock a guy out. 

If Chris uses his range and keeps it a boxing match, then we wont have to worry about him getting whitewashed. Chris can't land shots and admire his work...stick and move, stick and move. 

Ruslan wasn't smart or quick enough to finish the job, but Manny is. He hasn't scored a legit knockdown since the Cotto fight. Does the JMM knockdown in the 4th fight count? 

Anyway, I can see a split decision for Algieri...if it goes the distance. I only say that because of the immediate rematch clause, and the choice of judges here. I think there are plans for Chris....more plans that there are for Manny...call me crazy. 

#6 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,154 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 07:07 PM

Having trouble securing a certain spot for the fight might go solo might just sit n read rbr. Enjoy the night gentlemen

You better find somebody that's willing to go half on it. 

Lol

#7 Jack 1000

Jack 1000

The Consultant

• Root Admin
  • 10,791 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 07:55 PM

I see a split decision coming out of this. Being that Algieri's "confident that the judges wont favor Pacquiao in China". let's me know that it's gonna be a crazy fight. Any fighter that has confidence in the judges in another man's backyard, is asking to lose (i.e. Trout/Canelo in Texas, Lara/Canelo in (insert ANY venue).

On the other hand, maybe this stage (or the moment) is just going to be too much for Chris. Manny doesn't crack as hard as he used to, or as hard as Ruslan, but he's quick enough to hit target....which is another way to knock a guy out. 

If Chris uses his range and keeps it a boxing match, then we wont have to worry about him getting whitewashed. Chris can't land shots and admire his work...stick and move, stick and move. 

Ruslan wasn't smart or quick enough to finish the job, but Manny is. He hasn't scored a legit knockdown since the Cotto fight. Does the JMM knockdown in the 4th fight count? 

Anyway, I can see a split decision for Algieri...if it goes the distance. I only say that because of the immediate rematch clause, and the choice of judges here. I think there are plans for Chris....more plans that there are for Manny...call me crazy. 

I feel the same thing could happen,

Martinez is a veteran, but he will sometimes favor the money fighter in close rounds.  I never actually saw Alverez-Laura, but every respected person to whom I talked said that his 117-111 Alveraz fight was too wide.  He could be like Glen Trowbridge in Vegas, who always seems to give close rounds to Manny.

I like Mike Pernick.  I don't recall problems with him

Patrick Morley is a local out of Chicago.  He might go for the underdog.  Midwesterners love underdogs.

The ref is also out of Chicago.  Gino Rodriguez.  No major issues with him.The man issusse

Can we anticipate that Levi Martinez favors Manny?

Lamply WILL CRY if Manny loses, but it won't be as bad as when Marquez KO'd him.  Lamply has been good to Chris and HBO sees him as "The new Delahoya" should he win.  He's good-looking, articulate, educated, and that makes up for him being this "boring boxer."

Jack

#8 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 08:44 PM

You better find somebody that's willing to go half on it. 

Lol

Should have

#9 BigFightFan

BigFightFan

Lightweight

• Members
  • 900 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 08:58 PM

I'm Not buying the hype, Pacquiao is going to embarrass this guy

#10 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,154 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 09:09 PM

Just how in the blue fuck is Vargas/Demarco the first fight??? What a shame....thought this was the cofeature

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users