• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

#171 mrchitown

mrchitown

Heavyweight

• Members
  • 6,529 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 04:46 PM

Caught the fight on YouTube before it got taken down luckily, I'm glad I didn't purchase the PPV. No one I knew who actually bought it enjoyed it.

I heard Lomanchenko was looking good and when I asked about Zou all I got was crickets lol

The knockdowns weren't even legit knockdowns,many were slips because it was puddles in that damn corner. A few of them were legit though, I forget which round it was but I think it was the 6th and Pacquiao hit Algieri with a left clean and the lights flickered real quick...the worse part of the fight had to be when Algieri's trainer was talking about cutting Algieri loose and he gets knocked down right when he said that crap lol

It was a mediocre fight though imo Pacquiao did look better then he has in recent fights. Part of me wants to attribute it to him being the catch weight King and the other part of me wants to think it was because he actually took thenfight serious and trained hard. Also think he looked marginally better defensively, but Algieri didn't do himself any favors by not throwing frequently..the post fight was corny, the commercial wasn't that funny Manny give it a rest lol. Algieri's exuded confidence in the lead up to the fight, seems like when he got hit all that confidence left

HBO was pathetic as usual, it was blocked punches beimg oohed and ahh'ed by Lampley and Kelerman and once again Roy had to snap them back to reality
  • flazi, Cshel86, Plah and 1 other like this

#172 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,154 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 11:15 PM

Yea,

Some say that both Manny and Juan were on the juice in fight 4.  With Marquez's KO, you have to think, when did Marquez become this huge puncher?  Some said Chris lacked heart.  I think he had heart, just didn't have the experience or chin.  He was in way over his head.

Jack

Marquez's KO punch can be justified, a little. Manny was lunging/diving in, when he got caught...besides, this was Juan's 4th time fighting the guy, so who's to say that he hasn't been planning and practicing that punch since the first fight? 

If we wanna talk about Juan and "the juice", we can go all the way back to the 3rd fight. Notice, he bested Manny in that fight but lost a controversial decision....nobody said anything. He was the same size in the 4th fight and KO'd Manny, then came the accusations...I just don't get it. Lol

I can't say that say Chris lacked heart, but dude just didn't have the right plan or the experience to pull it off against a guy of Manny's caliber. No doubt though....dude was nervous as SHIT...but he had enough heart to hang in there. Lol

#173 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,154 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 11:17 PM

How many times did Jim and Max blow their load watching the fight.

They were somewhere in the double digits...I'd say at least 15-18 times. Jim was worse, as usual, but the fact that Max didn't know what side of the fence he was on, made it more annoying. 

#174 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,154 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 11:20 PM

maybe thats cause him and Marquez know each other like the back of each others hand lol but to me when you move a lot and do nothing your running and Algieri ran for dear life, the minute Pac even tried to sit down on his punches Chris had moved. We'll have to see either way tbh, if he gets a dude coming straight for him we'll see how it goes

Now that you put it that way, maybe Chris was running. My only hope was that he was waiting on Manny to get frustrated by his movement, but that never happened. 

I don't believe anybody should stand there and allow another guy to sit down on their shots, so I disagree from that stance. Any guy can look good if a guy is right there in front of them, unless the opponent's name is Maidana...or maybe Margarito...the guys who never stop coming.

#175 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,154 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 11:26 PM

Caught the fight on YouTube before it got taken down luckily, I'm glad I didn't purchase the PPV. No one I knew who actually bought it enjoyed it.

I heard Lomanchenko was looking good and when I asked about Zou all I got was crickets lol

The knockdowns weren't even legit knockdowns,many were slips because it was puddles in that damn corner. A few of them were legit though, I forget which round it was but I think it was the 6th and Pacquiao hit Algieri with a left clean and the lights flickered real quick...the worse part of the fight had to be when Algieri's trainer was talking about cutting Algieri loose and he gets knocked down right when he said that crap lol

It was a mediocre fight though imo Pacquiao did look better then he has in recent fights. Part of me wants to attribute it to him being the catch weight King and the other part of me wants to think it was because he actually took thenfight serious and trained hard. Also think he looked marginally better defensively, but Algieri didn't do himself any favors by not throwing frequently..the post fight was corny, the commercial wasn't that funny Manny give it a rest lol. Algieri's exuded confidence in the lead up to the fight, seems like when he got hit all that confidence left

HBO was pathetic as usual, it was blocked punches beimg oohed and ahh'ed by Lampley and Kelerman and once again Roy had to snap them back to reality

I'll have to go back and watch it...haven't seen it since Saturday. As always, HBO was tacky as fuck, so no surprise there. Lol

#176 mrchitown

mrchitown

Heavyweight

• Members
  • 6,529 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 12:12 AM

I'll have to go back and watch it...haven't seen it since Saturday. As always, HBO was tacky as fuck, so no surprise there. Lol

I was listening closely to what Lampley and Kellerman was saying and it definitely didn't surprise me,I'm was jsut surprised at the amount of slurpage that took place over illegitimate knockdowns
  • Cshel86 likes this

#177 Dolimite

Dolimite

Heavyweight

• Members
  • 6,008 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 03:46 PM

I was listening closely to what Lampley and Kellerman was saying and it definitely didn't surprise me,I'm was jsut surprised at the amount of slurpage that took place over illegitimate knockdowns

What were they saying?

#178 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,154 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 05:55 PM

They killed me with fascination of the knockdowns from the slippage. I mean damn, the ref was dumb as fuck...like he didn't see all of that damn water. Not once did he tell those corners to clean it up, smh

#179 klonopinz

klonopinz

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 02:02 PM

jim lampley is the joe buck of boxing.

#180 mrchitown

mrchitown

Heavyweight

• Members
  • 6,529 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 03:52 PM

What were they saying?

Just the usual slurping but just more amped up...making a big deal of knockdowns that the replays clearly showed weren't legitimate knockdowns and just calling shots that weren't as hard as they said or stuff that clearly missed...you'll see it of you watch the replay tomorrow

They killed me with fascination of the knockdowns from the slippage. I mean damn, the ref was dumb as fuck...like he didn't see all of that damn water. Not once did he tell those corners to clean it up, smh

That ref was acting funny, almost like he just wanted to get the fight over and get his check and hit up a lounge. He was too nonchalant imo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users