Photo

How much would Showtime/HBO charge on PPV for a card like this...?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#11 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,154 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 12:34 AM

only if we get jayz performing before the mainevent though

Hell naw! Why? So we can, "My name is Hov, H to tha O-V, I used to move snowflakes by tha-"

I'll pass! Lol
  • mrchitown likes this

#12 BoxingEinstein

BoxingEinstein

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 03:09 AM

Why Danny vs Lamont? Danny should be moving up, he's a big Jr welter who should challenge the 147 guy's, training wheels are off.

Matthysse vs Provodnikov is a fight that is must see and can't look away from.

I'm looking at legacy,fan friendly,and important fights on a card of this magnitude.

Now another question, how much do you guys think it would sell?

#13 BoxingEinstein

BoxingEinstein

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 03:16 AM

As mentioned, the fact that it'd Mayweather/Pac alone, it would easily be $100. At the end of the day, they could scratch Matthysse/Provodnikov, and put it on another card and date...maybe the weekend before this huge card. If I were promoters, I'd look to make as much money as possible...hell, give us Khan/Brook as a split-site cofeature in the UK...let the UK get in on it and attract that much more buyers.

not a bad idea at all, well, what fight do you think could replace Matthysse/Provodnikov?.....let's say an injury occurred and they needed that slot filled.

#14 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 12:08 PM

Worth the note

Rather have rigo vs Santa Cruz than the roman fight even tho I like his style.

Might as well put Broner n Vargas on there to

#15 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,154 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 12:36 PM

not a bad idea at all, well, what fight do you think could replace Matthysse/Provodnikov?.....let's say an injury occurred and they needed that slot filled.

Hmm...good question, because injuries do happen. I'd have to see how much Lucas and Ruslan would be making, to be sure that they don't have to go back and adjust the budget.

If they decided to scrape the bout altogether (due to the injury), then they can always give us a rematch....like Berto/Ortiz, Maidana/Ortiz, or they could give us fights like Guerrero/Maidana. Wait...all of these guys are managed by Haymon, so maybe, just maybe, the budget would have to be adjusted....unless they were fine with taking a pay cut.

I remember the Star Power card when Morales was supposed to fight Matthysse, but Lucas got sick, so they looked for more replacements. A Morales/Maidana rematch was considered, but I believe that Marcos wanted more money, as rightfully so, because he won the first fight.  

#16 BoxingEinstein

BoxingEinstein

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 12:57 PM

Hmm...good question, because injuries do happen. I'd have to see how much Lucas and Ruslan would be making, to be sure that they don't have to go back and adjust the budget.

If they decided to scrape the bout altogether (due to the injury), then they can always give us a rematch....like Berto/Ortiz, Maidana/Ortiz, or they could give us fights like Guerrero/Maidana. Wait...all of these guys are managed by Haymon, so maybe, just maybe, the budget would have to be adjusted....unless they were fine with taking a pay cut.

I remember the Star Power card when Morales was supposed to fight Matthysse, but Lucas got sick, so they looked for more replacements. A Morales/Maidana rematch was considered, but I believe that Marcos wanted more money, as rightfully so, because he won the first fight.

good call, I remember that,it would've been a fight for the WBC belt,I think. Crazy how hindsight,Lucas would've had the WBC and IBF belt if things fell in place and Garcia would've been a 3 Belt champ.

Still think not too many fights at 140 tops the two hardest hitters at the weightclass.

Broner Vs Vargas or Maidana vs Guerrero are good fuckin' fights.

How much you think this card could sell in PPV?

#17 klonopinz

klonopinz

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 06:51 PM

you better give me something extra for 120 dollars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! fuck boxing.......

#18 BoxingEinstein

BoxingEinstein

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 11:20 PM

In correlation to this topic,check out this vid and give your opinion on it. Not mines btw.

#19 mrchitown

mrchitown

Heavyweight

• Members
  • 6,529 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 11:27 PM

In correlation to this topic,check out this vid and give your opinion on it. Not mines btw.

Can't front that was pretty dope. I like to see the fan made promos

#20 The Original MrFactor

The Original MrFactor

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,096 posts
  • Interests:Boxing

Posted 04 December 2014 - 05:47 AM

I would actually shell out the $100 for that and I'm cheap as hell...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users