Photo

How much would Showtime/HBO charge on PPV for a card like this...?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 11:13 AM

In correlation to this topic,check out this vid and give your opinion on it. Not mines btw.

Hancho always makes dope promo vids...I've posted a few in the past

#22 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 11:14 AM

I still like gorilla promotions inch one better

#23 klonopinz

klonopinz

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 12:41 PM

love the steve blum intro

#24 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,154 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:14 PM

I would actually shell out the $100 for that and I'm cheap as hell...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

#25 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,154 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:16 PM

you better give me something extra for 120 dollars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! fuck boxing.......

Are you expecting a free handjob or some shit?

:lol:

#26 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,154 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:21 PM

good call, I remember that,it would've been a fight for the WBC belt,I think. Crazy how hindsight,Lucas would've had the WBC and IBF belt if things fell in place and Garcia would've been a 3 Belt champ.

Still think not too many fights at 140 tops the two hardest hitters at the weightclass.

Broner Vs Vargas or Maidana vs Guerrero are good fuckin' fights.

How much you think this card could sell in PPV?

I don't wanna fly off the handle here, but regardless of whether or not the undercard is explosive or not, I would say anywhere from 2.6M to 2.8M sells. A great undercard for hadrcore fans is "a plus" in this situation...because casual fans would probably be eating, drinking, playing cards, playing music, etc, until the main event came on. Lol

#27 BoxingEinstein

BoxingEinstein

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:38 PM

I don't wanna fly off the handle here, but regardless of whether or not the undercard is explosive or not, I would say anywhere from 2.6M to 2.8M sells. A great undercard for hadrcore fans is "a plus" in this situation...because casual fans would probably be eating, drinking, playing cards, playing music, etc, until the main event came on. Lol

I'll up that, I think by itself Mayweather/Pacquiao is around that range, now add the third most anticipated fight in boxing on the card should boost it around 3 mill or even 3.1 mill.

The undercard fights on there would get people speaking and more would gain interest. The only bout I see where the ratings might dip is Gonzalez/Estrada 2 since casuals don't know them at all. Shit, speaking of it, which of those fights you think will stel the show as far as best overall fight in your opinion?
  • mrchitown likes this

#28 Hotsauce

Hotsauce

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 03:34 AM

In correlation to this topic,check out this vid and give your opinion on it. Not mines btw.

Can't front that was pretty dope. I like to see the fan made promos

lol these fan made promos be better than hbo and showtime

• mrchitown likes this

#29 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,154 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 10:50 AM

lol these fan made promos be better than hbo and showtime

Tell me about it! These networks can save a lot of money by ditching these Poindexters behind the desks, and leave it up to fans who really know about the sport. Hell, they could possibly get away with paying a fan less than they pay these nerds to make these promos. 

• Hotsauce likes this

#30 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,154 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 11:03 AM

I'll up that, I think by itself Mayweather/Pacquiao is around that range, now add the third most anticipated fight in boxing on the card should boost it around 3 mill or even 3.1 mill.

The undercard fights on there would get people speaking and more would gain interest. The only bout I see where the ratings might dip is Gonzalez/Estrada 2 since casuals don't know them at all. Shit, speaking of it, which of those fights you think will stel the show as far as best overall fight in your opinion?

I kinda have mixed feelings about this fight and how it sells, honestly. On one end, I don't want to put too much mustard on it and say that it sells 3M+, but on the other hand, I wouldn't wanna short change it either. 

I remember Mayweather/Cotto, and how guys were saying that it was gonna sell x, y, z (insert ridiculous amount) PPVs, and it did 1.5M. I think people were guessing as high as 1.8 or 2M because of the undercard...mainly because of Mosley/Canelo. That let people know real quick, just how much drawing power every fighter truly had. 

Mosley never been a big seller, but he's a name...and Canelo's not a huge seller either, so we saw that it didn't make THAT much of a difference. As for Floyd and Cotto, as we've seen in the past Cotto isn't THAT big of a seller either, but he's definitely not the worst. We can't believe the Cotto numbers that Arum spewed back in the day, but say that Arum hypes up all of his PPV sales....hes been doing it forever. 

It's crazy because I didn't think that Mayweather/Canelo was going to sell 2.2M, regardless of the huge press tour during the build up. With that in mind, yes, Mayweather/Pacquiao could sell 3M+ PPVs, if we're looking at it from that stand point. 

I guess we'll have to look at the price, if it ever gets made. At $75 a pop, yes, they'll make PPV history. At $100 a pop, that remains to be seen. I'll stick with the safe number of 2.8M...simply because I believe that people will group up and buy this fight, if the price is that high. 

I'll also stick with my prediction that regardless of the undercard, the fight will sell. You gotta look at how many more casual fans will buy the fight just because, versus us hardcore fans who look for certain fights in a card, to get more bang for our buck. Most casuals don't even know who most of these guys are. 

• Hotsauce and mrchitown like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users