Photo

How much would Showtime/HBO charge on PPV for a card like this...?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 mrchitown

mrchitown

Heavyweight

• Members
  • 6,529 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 08:55 PM

lol these fan made promos be better than hbo and showtime

You ain't lying lol....I can't even name a network promo this year that comes close to that one

Tell me about it! These networks can save a lot of money by ditching these Poindexters behind the desks, and leave it up to fans who really know about the sport. Hell, they could possibly get away with paying a fan less than they pay these nerds to make these promos.

It would be worth the investment, the network promos show you the same 3 images and then the fight date and that's it. At least with these fan made promos they put some time, effort, and thought into it

#32 klonopinz

klonopinz

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 12:06 PM

Are you expecting a free handjob or some shit?

:lol:

I love the creativity! Please Continue......

• Cshel86 likes this

#33 klonopinz

klonopinz

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 12:12 PM

I think at this point Canelo and Cotto have similar drawing power to pacquiao when it comes down to them on ppv with no extra gelp, so what i mean is their NAME only, only their on drawing power with no opponent help. man if we could get may-pac with canelo-cotto on the undercard that would def beat the one or the delahoy fight.   Hell even add in khan and youll have every race and creed on the card, a real american melting pot ppv card.

but hey, we all love to dream right?

#34 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,154 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 01:06 PM

I love the creativity! Please Continue......

They better at least throw a rebate in there somewhere, if it's gonna be $120. Aint nothin' like the good ol' bait & swtich method....they got me with that Tecate crap when I ordered a PPV a few years back....nastiest beer in the world...would've been better off giving me a case of O'Douls.

#35 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,154 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 01:09 PM

You ain't lying lol....I can't even name a network promo this year that comes close to that one

It would be worth the investment, the network promos show you the same 3 images and then the fight date and that's it. At least with these fan made promos they put some time, effort, and thought into it

Ya know? Who even said that the promos have been as long as fans make them? I believe the network can "woo" potential buyers with 45 - 60 seconds of a nice promo. I'm not exactly sure how much that would cost them to run a commercial that long (heard that commercials were quite expensive), but something needs to be done. 

The last good non-PPV promo that took me over the top, was Maidana/Lopez....other than that, these promos lack that "umph" factor....

#36 mrchitown

mrchitown

Heavyweight

• Members
  • 6,529 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 05:20 PM

Ya know? Who even said that the promos have been as long as fans make them? I believe the network can "woo" potential buyers with 45 - 60 seconds of a nice promo. I'm not exactly sure how much that would cost them to run a commercial that long (heard that commercials were quite expensive), but something needs to be done. 

The last good non-PPV promo that took me over the top, was Maidana/Lopez....other than that, these promos lack that "umph" factor....

I'm not sure how much they cost either but if I was a casual fan, the promos they run to push these fights would not entice me to watch them

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users