• This topic is locked This topic is locked
70 replies to this topic

#1 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 03:24 AM

Got into a good convo on Twitter the other day about this fight. Most expect to see donte get exposed or schooled. I said the fight could go 3 ways....well after watching both arreola fights.... If beware cant rattle that chin he's going night night. Wilder fury coming next or maybe Thompson/pulev....maybe hopefully tarver.

Where do you stand on this one?

#2 BigHouseLou

BigHouseLou

Bantamweight

• Members
  • 384 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 11:29 AM

I think we will see wilder getting hit more then we are used to, if bermain can stay in range and as one interview posted here said he has to keep that high guard. I want wilder to be the truth. i want to see a tall rangey american heavyweight fight wlad. hopefully whichever way the fight goes we get some good rounds in, and see some dimensions to his game.(wilder)

#3 BoxingEinstein

BoxingEinstein

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 01:28 PM

Wilder gets exposed. B Ware is the real deal.
  • BrutUalBK likes this

#4 mrchitown

mrchitown

Heavyweight

• Members
  • 6,529 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 03:43 PM

Either Wilder KO's Stiverne or Stiverne wins a decision but I'm not sold on Stiverne. He's not as seasoned as fans think, his resume is weak or weaker then Deontay's and I think Deontay's jab is under appreciated

The only real win Stiverne has is 2 over Arreola, other then that his career is a mirror image of Wilder's

http://boxrec.com/li...24806&cat=boxer

I've seen Stiverne shook up numerous times against Arreola, I don't think he'll withstand the power of Wilder but if he does he wins but I'm not counting on it

Edited by mrchitown, 04 January 2015 - 03:44 PM.

• Cshel86 likes this

#5 KSUN247

KSUN247

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 04:36 PM

Don't think Wilder can take a good punch. He almost got dropped by a jab by some guy (don't remember the name). I think Stiverne KO's him with the first good shot he lands.  Wilder will have to keep Stiverne off of him by being busy and using his reach advantage. If not, will be a short night for Wilder.

#6 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,152 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 10:33 PM

Sadly, I believe Wilder will start quick by establishing the jab, using lateral movement, and staying on the outside....textbook stuff. I always like to see if fighters can turn the other fighter, rather than trying to establish an offense head on....hopefully Stiverne can do the same. 

Hopefully Stiverne can make it an ugly fight and stay on the inside....but hope hasn't gotten me far in fight predictions. Chi is right, Stiverne's resume is just bad as Wilder's, outside of the two Arreola fights...thanks to King. I saw Stiverne fight some 40-year old uncle back in 2011, on the undercard of Alexander/Matthysse. 

Anyway, I will go with Wilder by TKO within 4 rounds. I like Stiverne, but I'd have to lean towards what I know, and that's Wilder using his range and staying on the outside. I may change my prediction in the next two weeks, but the chances aren't all that great. 

#7 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 11:16 PM

Like chi said after re watching both titty boy fights bermane can only hope to get slept late and not before the ring girl earns her check!

Edited by AZWildCat, 04 January 2015 - 11:17 PM.

• Cshel86 and mrchitown like this

#8 The Original MrFactor

The Original MrFactor

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,096 posts
  • Interests:Boxing

Posted 05 January 2015 - 08:25 AM

Wow, these guys do really have similar resume's. Stiverne is almost as green as Deontay. I give Stiverne credit for his gutty wins against Arreola.The big difference in these guys is the number of rounds they fight per fight. Where Stiverne can go 5, 6, 7 8, 12 rounds, we have yet to see Deontay Wilder go more than 4. What happens when he's in the 7th round and Stiverne has taken all his stuff and is still standing there returning fire??

I'm taking Stiverne due to his slight edge in experience. Stiverne D12 or KO10. 

• BrutUalBK likes this

#9 BrutUalBK

BrutUalBK

Welterweight

• Banned
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 12:23 PM

I'm with Einstein on this one, I think Bware breaks this chump off; I've seen nothing other than punching power in Deontay and that seems to be his story but it will take more to beat a skilled guy like Bermane.

#10 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,152 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 12:34 PM

Like chi said after re watching both titty boy fights bermane can only hope to get slept late and not before the ring girl earns her check!

Getting slept late would appear to serve as some type of way of saving face, in Bermane's case. However, it'll send the wrong message....that Wilder is "elite" and can perform in the later rounds...which he's yet to have gone.

I'd only hope that Bermane got stopped early....that way he can say it was a fluke or he got caught cold. :lol:

• AZWildCat likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users