Photo

Unreleased Michael Koncz interview from last week...

• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

#21 HyyerBlaze

HyyerBlaze

Super Flyweight

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 08:49 PM

when was the last time u saw floyd get busted up like that? when was the last time u watch him have to dig deep to win each round? that fight was not a cake walk.

Weren't the scores like 117-111?

I'd rather see Mayweather/Pacqiuao then that rematch.

#22 daprofessor

daprofessor

Heavyweight

• Members
  • 6,063 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 08:58 PM

Weren't the scores like 117-111?

I'd rather see Mayweather/Pacqiuao then that rematch.

them scores were bullshit. so was the one sided commentary. u have to understand that at that point...hbo still had mayweather...and the fight they wanted was floyd/pac. they verbally diminished everything cotto did that night. the judges were on some bullshit too. 

#23 Kratza

Kratza

Super Bantamweight

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 10:04 PM

All sides keep contradicting each other... Stephen Espinoza is saying there isn't even a contract to sign, the fight will not happen and even though I will watch Floyd-Cotto it is not a justifiable fight for me, Floyd already beat Cotto but now he's got a new trainer and won a middleweight title at a catch weight against a fighter with no legs in Martinez it's a must see fight?

Another thing, is Cotto signed to Top Rank or not? The way they were talking about the Cotto-Canelo negotiations they were acting like Bob Arum was heavily involved but last time I checked, Cotto is a free agent?

Edited by Kratza, 19 January 2015 - 10:04 PM.

#24 Kratza

Kratza

Super Bantamweight

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 10:06 PM

These negotiations or non-negotiations are bad for the sport, yes it is a business but how can you expect to get fans interested when the best won't/can't fight the best due to the politics

#25 KOpower

KOpower

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 11:28 PM

i know if and when the fight happens there are going to be a lot of disappointed fans like there were in the floyd/dlh fight. ppl are expecting fireworks...instead what they will get is a clinic and one sided schooling from floyd. they'll go on about how floyd waited til he got old...blah,blah,blah...or yell that boxing is fixed...etc..etc.

Then why won't Floyd make the fight? If he goes with Cotto now, it is obvious that he ducked Pac. You really can't argue otherwise. Manny has met seemingly every demand that Showtime/CBS has negotiated with him and his team about. Split is (rightfully) tilted in Floyd's direction. The date is Floyd's date and the location is Floyd's location. All drug testing has been agreed to. What's the problem? What is the new excuse? If it doesn't get made now then let's call it what it is....a straight duck.

#26 KOpower

KOpower

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 11:31 PM

when was the last time u saw floyd get busted up like that? when was the last time u watch him have to dig deep to win each round? that fight was not a cake walk.

Come on man, it was a fairly easy win. Cotto got a few good shots in but Mayweather clearly won the fight. No need for a rematch. None. Let's see Mayweather in there against someone with fast hands instead of the typical Latin fighter that he can pot-shot for 12 rounds.

#27 HyyerBlaze

HyyerBlaze

Super Flyweight

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 11:31 PM

Then why won't Floyd make the fight? If he goes with Cotto now, it is obvious that he ducked Pac. You really can't argue otherwise. Manny has met seemingly every demand that Showtime/CBS has negotiated with him and his team about. Split is (rightfully) tilted in Floyd's direction. The date is Floyd's date and the location is Floyd's location. All drug testing has been agreed to. What's the problem? What is the new excuse? If it doesn't get made now then let's call it what it is....a straight duck.

It is man.

Now people trying to sell the Cotto fight?

Lol

That fight will play out EXACTLY the same.Cotto beat Sergio yeah but come on Sergio had a damn microfracture surgery on his knee.That guy didn't stand a chance.

#28 mrchitown

mrchitown

Heavyweight

• Members
  • 6,529 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 11:35 PM

All sides keep contradicting each other... Stephen Espinoza is saying there isn't even a contract to sign, the fight will not happen and even though I will watch Floyd-Cotto it is not a justifiable fight for me, Floyd already beat Cotto but now he's got a new trainer and won a middleweight title at a catch weight against a fighter with no legs in Martinez it's a must see fight?
Another thing, is Cotto signed to Top Rank or not? The way they were talking about the Cotto-Canelo negotiations they were acting like Bob Arum was heavily involved but last time I checked, Cotto is a free agent?

Cotto ain't signed to nobody, he can do what he wants to do

#29 mrchitown

mrchitown

Heavyweight

• Members
  • 6,529 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 11:41 PM

He we go with the ducking word lmao.....

What I find funny is how no one stops and thinks that if all points were agreed to that team Mayweather signed off on to send to Team Pacquiao in the first place, then why is there still a need for negotiations? Listen to Koncz, they agreed to this and then he says the fight is a along way from being complete

And how can the fight get done when the networks ain't even come to an agreement? Some of this shit is just common sense. You really expect people to believe that they agreed to everything and once they agreed to it, Mayweather's team just backed out? Somebody lying, I don't believe none of that we agree to everything bullshit. Wouldn't be no need for this stuff now.

All yall complaining about Mayweather-Cotto 2 should complain about that shitty ass Pacquiao-Vargas fight that's likely to take place
  • daprofessor and HyyerBlaze like this

#30 mrchitown

mrchitown

Heavyweight

• Members
  • 6,529 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 11:49 PM

i smell bullshit. if the fight ain't happening at mgm...it ain't happening. you can't say you agreed to all the terms if you disagree about the venue. i didn't think this fight was going to happen. i won't be holding my breath.

Kinda feel the same way, the more Arum talks the more I start to think its not happening....and Koncz is a shady figure. He contradicted his self in this interview a few times

smells very fishy.  the networks need to agree also, not just manny and floyd.

Exactly!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users