• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#81 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 22,154 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 11:05 AM

Alvarado realized this as well. Once he realized his team was going to continue to put him in harm's way, he decided to take matters into his own hands. That's why he said he saw 4 fingers, instead of 2; a clever way of quitting without actually saying, "I quit!"

Exactly! Now, how true was the eye "injury", who knows? However, Mike did say the second round, "It's my eye, I can't see dawg"....but they sent him out for round 3. As you both mentioned, Mike simply didn't wanna be there, because he fought just as shitty in the first round. 

#82 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,951 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 11:41 AM

Alvarado realized this as well. Once he realized his team was going to continue to put him in harm's way, he decided to take matters into his own hands. That's why he said he saw 4 fingers, instead of 2; a clever way of quitting without actually saying, "I quit!"

Teddy Atlas said almost the same exact thing verbatim and I couldn't agree with either of you more. Alvarado needs a long layoff to get his head right because the moment you have the instinct to quit in a fight, you enter ever fight with a disadvantage. Nobody guesses 4. You either say one or two typically lol. 

• BoxingFan86 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users