• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#11 BrutUalBK

BrutUalBK

Welterweight

• Banned
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 11:25 AM

Honestly I really hate the politRICKS of boxing though us being real boxing fans have to keep up on it, but truth being told I really could give a damn if Shaw left Roc Nation or if he went solo or whatever, I just want to see some good fights.

The only time I really care about the poliTRICKs of boxing if when those games that the Promoter PoliTRICKsians play are hindering a big fight.  The bottom line though is that Shaw has never been a big name player on the boxing scene when it comes to promoting anyway so he should've just allowed himself to be a consultant with Roc and charge them on his services as an Advisor (sort of like a broke Al Haymon). 

Shaw does know the ins and outs of the fight game so he could be helpful but now he's either going to have to go back to being a small time promoter or lobby another up and coming promotion's team to piggyback on until something better comes along.

Edited by BrutUalBK, 03 February 2015 - 03:33 PM.

#12 Hotsauce

Hotsauce

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 01:37 PM

well santa cruz is advised by haymon,   and im not going to claim i know a ton about the haymon/roc nation thing.  b ut i remeber hearing alot about haymon not doing business with them either cause of beyonce or some bullshit...................my boy haymon has to to take it back to elementary school and play well with others.

also  i think ward was way to quick to sign with them...he been around long enough  he should know better.  Lets see how active he is now that he is able to fight again i'll be honest i dont think his 2015 is going to be much more active then his 2014

yea ward still doesn't have a fight

#13 BigHouseLou

BigHouseLou

Bantamweight

• Members
  • 384 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 07:37 PM

yea ward still doesn't have a fight

i foresee him having one more fight, realizing roc nation was not the new hotness he thought it would be.  The relationship issue between jay/b  and haymon is gonna lock him out of some good fights, other people aren't gonna wanna take the L,   and he will find himself in another legal battle.  Possibly retiring and just sticking to commentating and maybe training.....even if he gets a good name in with him like triple g they will discredit him and say triple g was supposed to lose.  or if chavez jr moves up to fight him, they will say he was fat and didnt prep well.   ward is in like a lose lose lose   what he should do is take on a bad guy persona like mayweather so people hate him, and watch to see him eventually lose.  

#14 mrchitown

mrchitown

Heavyweight

• Members
  • 6,529 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 09:23 PM

Oh this is interesting. Boxing is a different culture the. The stuff he's used to, nobody's going to make it easy on him and the sad part is roc nation is already fucking up

They almost blew the title shot for Jennings by trying to re-negotiate when terms were already agreed to, I think they are embarassing themselves by going after Haymon fighters when it's clear they have no chance of signing any of them. Up and comers see this stuff and that's not the way you want to leave an impression on a prospective client...they seem needy

And they making Ward look bad out here, and that's not what he needs right now. He went from 3 fights this year, now they saying it'll only be two. He said he wanted one tuneup and they want him to fight two tune ups. HBO and Ward already have a weird and tense relationship and the reports are that roc nation and HBO aren't even on the same page as far as a return date for AW or an opponent. Hopefully they can get things going in a positive direction but they falling flat right now
  • Hotsauce likes this

#15 Hotsauce

Hotsauce

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 09:36 AM

Oh this is interesting. Boxing is a different culture the. The stuff he's used to, nobody's going to make it easy on him and the sad part is roc nation is already fucking up

They almost blew the title shot for Jennings by trying to re-negotiate when terms were already agreed to, I think they are embarassing themselves by going after Haymon fighters when it's clear they have no chance of signing any of them. Up and comers see this stuff and that's not the way you want to leave an impression on a prospective client...they seem needy

And they making Ward look bad out here, and that's not what he needs right now. He went from 3 fights this year, now they saying it'll only be two. He said he wanted one tuneup and they want him to fight two tune ups. HBO and Ward already have a weird and tense relationship and the reports are that roc nation and HBO aren't even on the same page as far as a return date for AW or an opponent. Hopefully they can get things going in a positive direction but they falling flat right now

https://twitter.com/...907500636348418

#16 BoxingFan86

BoxingFan86

Lightweight

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 02:13 PM

Boxing politics...  you (the fans) can't live with it, you (the fighters) can't live without it.

• Hotsauce likes this

#17 mrchitown

mrchitown

Heavyweight

• Members
  • 6,529 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 05:59 PM

https://twitter.com/...907500636348418

Yeah I saw that some days back...Ward don't need no problems right now

#18 mrchitown

mrchitown

Heavyweight

• Members
  • 6,529 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 05:59 PM

http://ucnlive.com/h...h-bUYN8.twitter

And the struggle continues

#19 daprofessor

daprofessor

Heavyweight

• Members
  • 6,063 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:00 PM

did rigondeaux sign with roc? 

these fools think they can throw money at stuff and things will happen? this is boxing. waaaaay different beast. u don't step on toes the way they have out the gate and make progress. these cats like 50 and jayz are not gonna last. i feel bad for the fighters that signed with them. they're the ones that have the most to lose. 

• Cshel86 likes this

#20 mgrover

mgrover

Cruiserweight

• Moderators
  • 5,440 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 09:27 AM

did rigondeaux sign with roc? 

these fools think they can throw money at stuff and things will happen? this is boxing. waaaaay different beast. u don't step on toes the way they have out the gate and make progress. these cats like 50 and jayz are not gonna last. i feel bad for the fighters that signed with them. they're the ones that have the most to lose. 

the rigo comment could be a mistake on my part

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users