• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sduck

sduck

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 03:38 AM

But a prime Lennox Lewis would have lit that ass up.

I like the direction the heavyweights are going right now, the competition and charisma is rising once more, but was looking at some old schoolers, and these modern heavyweights don't compare. They lack the athleticism and skill that the older generations had.

Heavyweights get bigger, but they get slower, they throw bigger punches, they focus on KOs, they wide open for shots, they can't pace themselves. They just look so sloppy and uncomplete in comparison. Lewis alone would have controlled most of these guys, just far more athletic, jab and IQ uncomparable.

I like the athleticism of Gerald Washington, he's easily overlooked, but he is just one dimensional.

Luiz Ortiz and Jarrell Miller. Slow, punching bags.

AJ is fighting BUMS. And he is one-dimensional. If Klitschko shows up, expect an upset. I doubt he will, but don't count him out.

Fury. Do I even need to mention him? Get your life together. 

I like the heavyweight division, but for once I can agree with nostalgia tards that the OGs were better, at least in this division.

Edited by sduck, 04 January 2017 - 03:39 AM.

#2 flazi

flazi

Lightweight

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 07:36 PM

Lewis had real boxing skills.  He had great movement and footwork and all the punches in his toolbox.

• Dolimite likes this

#3 Jack 1000

Jack 1000

The Consultant

• Root Admin
  • 10,469 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 02:12 AM

I want to see Wilder fight some real competition,

Molina and Arreola aren't going to cut it.  Would love to see Luis Ortiz and he, or the Joshua-Klitschko winner!

Jack

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users