• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,873 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 11:48 AM

This is a solid mathcup, and it appears as though the winner will get a shot at Jermall's 154 title. Harrison's only loss was to Nelson by TKO, but he's been on a winning streak. Hurd on the other hand has been a hot prospect, but I can only give him credit for beating Galarza. He beat up on a smaller Molina and JoJo Dan recently, which doesn't say much. 

Anyway, both guys are as solid as they come, though I'll give Hurd the edge skill wise, maybe even size wise. 

This is airing on the undercard of the Wilder fight on Fox. 

Thoughts?

#2 KSUN247

KSUN247

Lightweight

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 02:35 PM

That's gonna be a nice little scrap. I'll give it to Hurd by SD. This is also a decent card for PBC.

By the way, is the fight between Deontay Wilder and Andrzej Wawrzyk still on due to AW testing positive for stanozolol?

#3 MaxPayne

MaxPayne

Welterweight

• Moderators
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 10:40 PM

I just want the Charlos to get their stupid asses hammered into oblivion.

#4 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,873 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 10:26 AM

That's gonna be a nice little scrap. I'll give it to Hurd by SD. This is also a decent card for PBC.

By the way, is the fight between Deontay Wilder and Andrzej Wawrzyk still on due to AW testing positive for stanozolol?

Nope, from the looks of it, it's off. Wilder seems to have the worst luck in America, especially against foreign fighters as of late. Hell, Povetkin got popped for PEDs before the Wilder fight, as well as the Stiverne fight. Now this? From what I read, they're looking at Gerald Williams or Breazele as a replacement. 

I just wanna outright give the fight to Hurd, but I know better. This is his first time fighting a guy his size in a while, and he's a pretty big 154 pounder. Harrison does have skill, more than I can say any Hurd opponent has had as of late.

However, I still believe that Harrison's confidence is a bit rocked from the Nelson TKO loss and he tends fall into lulls in the fight while trying to play it safe. To me, he just doesn't do well with sticking and moving, kinda reminds me of Williams left himself open for that counter uppercut from Charlo. 

Anyway, we'll see! I'm stoked for this one! It kinda puts me in the mind of the Arnett/Gomez fight a few years ago, though both guys were undefeated. 

• KSUN247 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users