• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MaxPayne

MaxPayne

Junior Welterweight

• Moderators
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 10:52 PM

Here we go boys, the King is about to return.

Vasyl Lomachenko is apparently going to be back in the ring on April 8th against Jason Sosa.

This will be for the WBA World Super Featherweight Title. Loma has the WBO strap, so he's looking to add to his collection.

Sosa has been a "spoiler" before by stopping Javier Fortuna who was supposed to be a rising star in that division in their fight last summer.

I love watching Loma fight. The footwork, the constant angle switching, the upper body movement is all Master Boxer level. He's one of the most purely skilled fighters I've ever seen.

Glad to know that he'll be back in the ring soon. 

• flazi likes this

#2 flazi

flazi

Lightweight

• Members
  • 871 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 02:51 PM

yeah i love watching him fight too.

• MaxPayne likes this

#3 sduck

sduck

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 03:40 PM

Was going to make it's own thread, but I'll just say it here. Was looking at some Lomachenko fights and he's the most tactically aggressive fighter I've ever seen. I only know one person I think can beat Loma, a game Rigondeaux can stop him in his tracks and frustrate him to a boring decision, but, Mikey Garcia (if weight doesn't make that much of a difference) and anyone else is not going to beat a prime Loma around those weights. Loma is what Manny Pacquiao should have been. All the athletic ability but not the solidity and brilliance that Loma has. Maybe if Manny didn't have Roach all his career could of been way more of a fighter.

#4 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,378 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:18 PM

Was going to make it's own thread, but I'll just say it here. Was looking at some Lomachenko fights and he's the most tactically aggressive fighter I've ever seen. I only know one person I think can beat Loma, a game Rigondeaux can stop him in his tracks and frustrate him to a boring decision, but, Mikey Garcia (if weight doesn't make that much of a difference) and anyone else is not going to beat a prime Loma around those weights. Loma is what Manny Pacquiao should have been. All the athletic ability but not the solidity and brilliance that Loma has. Maybe if Manny didn't have Roach all his career could of been way more of a fighter.

Nice!

As for the Manny Pacquiao part, I believe Manny was built into everything that he needed to be....it wasn't too much, but he wasn't truly lacking, in my opinion. 

Manny has intangibles that can't be duplicated, not even the most well-rounded fighter can do it. I'm in the mind of thinking that Manny knew just enough to make him game complete. His left hand was quick and deadly as fuck, and Roach helped developed his right hand. 

I believe anything else added to his game would've been too much for him to put together during a fight. He came from left-hand happy to a pretty decent two handed fighter. 

Lomanchenko is about as close to the full package as we're gonna see for a while, he can simply put it all together. He does everything, often. Lol

• flazi likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users