• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,169 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 08:24 AM

Man, I am so thankful that we have boxing journalist who wrote extensively about penalties against Golden Boy, you know, the racist email that was sent between two top GB employees. Oh, wait, they didn't write about it. I was sure that Iole and Kim would have something to say, hell even Kellerman or that amazing reporter Jim Lampley. Now, Angel hasn't been fined for his side ways talk and no one is even whispering about punishing GB in anyway. Now, if GBs' employees said anything about Jews, Mexicans etc. all hell would break loose. I am tired of people getting away with shit like this. Plus, Oscar got arrested for drunk driving? I don't get it. Broner got eviscerated for saying Mexi-can! And Bernard! Where the hell are your balls in this? I can see why FMJ never fucked with Oscar outside of business. I am wondering what would happened if all the black boxers and trainers etc. protested against GB what would happened? I don't like how the media swept the shit under the rug, I don't even think there was an apology issued out. I hope Al buries GB and takes over. Shit is so old. I think GB should be fined. 

#2 KSUN247

KSUN247

Lightweight

• Members
  • 789 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 11:44 AM

Not arguing, I'm just out of the loop. Haven't heard about this. What should they be fined for, racist emails or something else? Who would fine them, maybe the boxing commission? For them to be fined, it would have to be a violation of somebody's rules, not just moral outrage from the public. Whomever rules they broke, they would have to hold GB accountable. Money talks. That's probably why this was kept on the hush.

#3 MaxPayne

MaxPayne

Junior Welterweight

• Moderators
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 07:31 PM

There are no laws against saying egregious things (First Amendment). However, it's up to people to police these things themselves.

I would think that Black fighters should think long and hard about whether they want to be with a group like Golden Boy. 

#4 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,378 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 09:00 PM

Garter Belt Promotions has been nothing short of deplorable for the past couple of years, no surprise here. I expect to see the ship sink a little deeper before things get better....if they do. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users