• This topic is locked This topic is locked
38 replies to this topic

#11 MaxPayne

MaxPayne

Welterweight

• Moderators
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 08:13 PM

I do think the fight is a toss-up because I think Kell Brooks is the goods.

He's a real dugg, as Gervonta Davis would say.

Spence is extremely talented, but this will be a huge jump up in competition.

Holy shit, can't wait for this fight ! 

• flazi, Cshel86 and Plah like this

#12 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,935 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:58 AM

I do think the fight is a toss-up because I think Kell Brooks is the goods.

He's a real dugg, as Gervonta Davis would say.

Spence is extremely talented, but this will be a huge jump up in competition.

Holy shit, can't wait for this fight ! 

As you (or somebody else here) mentioned, Brook is a great counterpuncher. With that in mind, what can he do to earn Spence's respect? If he let's Spence come to him, it's a good chance that he may not land his counter(s) without taking some leather. 

At the end of the day, I believe this fight will be tougher for Spence than most are willing to admit. I just believe that experience will play a huge part in this one. It still looms in the back of my head that this guy (Spence) started boxing at 15, and Brook's been at it since he was a kid. 

I try not to make too big of a deal about when a guy starts boxing, but it does matter in most cases. On the other hand, this kid (Spence) came home from school one day at the age of 15, and his pops took him to a gym....didn't tell him where he was going or anything. The next day he started boxing, and look at him now! What a fuckin' dad he is! Probably one of the top 5 things a dad can do, next to having the "birds & the bees" talk, teaching you how to change a tire, how to BBQ (or cook in general), and a few other things that can be thought of. 

Brook's not one of those guys who are super athletic and standout, but I'll be damned, he works behind that jab rather impressively. That may not be impressive for most, but it makes a huge difference in any fight. 

I just don't wanna see Brook against the ropes in this one. 

• flazi and MaxPayne like this

#13 flazi

flazi

Lightweight

• Members
  • 924 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 03:25 PM

brooks also has a good chin.  he took everything ggg dished and was only wobbled twice.

#14 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 06:11 PM

brooks also has a good chin.  he took everything ggg dished and was only wobbled twice.

That is is for sure... This is why the fight is interesting. I want to see how Brook handles the body head assault of Spence. I mean after finishing on yiour feet against the GGG wrecking ball, no fear will be in the heart of Brook and that in and of itself could be dangerous for him

#15 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,935 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:26 PM

I wonder if he was able to take GGG's shots because he didn't have to kill himself to make weight like he does at 147. I mean, anybody that can take GGG's punches until they get KO'd or the ref stops it. 

In his case, it was rather impressive because he hopped up 2 weight classes, so I understand. Never mind me, I'm just rambling, so let me STFU. 

Question of the day though....just where in THE entire fuck are the 3 guys that met GGG at the last bell of their fights? The guy only has 3 fights that went the distance. Are these guys sitting on the couch patting themselves on the back for even seeing the final bell? 

• MaxPayne likes this

#16 xxxxxx

xxxxxx

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 03:12 PM

Very tough fight to pick. I'm thinking a controversial decision coming! 

#17 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,935 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 10:47 PM

Very tough fight to pick. I'm thinking a controversial decision coming! 

Yeah, I don't think anybody's getting stopped in this one. I think Kell's counters will tell the story in this one. Both guys have good jabs though....guess it depends on who gets their's off first and works behind it.

Both guys are disciplined when it comes to working behind the jab. Love this fight, just hope the England judges don't dick this one up. 

#18 MaxPayne

MaxPayne

Welterweight

• Moderators
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 03:09 AM

http://www.dailymail...amall-Lane.html

It's officially official baby ! 

Mark your calendars for yet another exciting fight between 2 top duggs in their division. 

#19 sduck

sduck

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 12:58 PM

This is really a pick em fight like Ward/Kovalev and Garcia/Thurman. My mind goes with Errol Spence, but my heart goes with Kell Brook and I dunno why

• Plah likes this

#20 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,935 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 02:03 PM

Watched the videos on the front page, and man....I like Spence's confidence. He seems to have that proverbial chip on his shoulder, but maybe he's just tired of dieting and training so damn hard. That shit will make anybody act up close to fight night. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users