• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 MaxPayne

MaxPayne

Junior Welterweight

• Moderators
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 06:37 PM

The interesting thing in this fight is that they're really, really big 147 pounders...you could easily make the argument that they both belong in the 154 lbs. division. For Spence, by the end of his career, he may even be fighting at 160 lbs.

Maybe a case of who gets tired first is on the cards...that weight cut sounds like a motherfucker for both of these cats. 

#22 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,467 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 08:54 AM

The interesting thing in this fight is that they're really, really big 147 pounders...you could easily make the argument that they both belong in the 154 lbs. division. For Spence, by the end of his career, he may even be fighting at 160 lbs.

Maybe a case of who gets tired first is on the cards...that weight cut sounds like a motherfucker for both of these cats. 

I'm not sure what Spence rehydrates to, but I know Kell comes in somewhere around 154 or 156. So yeah, these are some big WWs. I didn't know Spence has difficulty cutting down to 147, but I guess that's to be expected. I just always thought he was a kinda tall rangy dude. 

I still like Kell's chances in this fight, as long as he's first. He's a really good counterpuncher too. I just don't want Spence to get too anxious because he tends to get hit a little too much for my liking when he goes for the kill. 

Brook has a decent arsenal....a good 1-2, good counter hooks, and a nice straight right hand that he uses quite often. 

• flazi likes this

#23 sduck

sduck

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,641 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 08:12 AM

I'm not sure what Spence rehydrates to, but I know Kell comes in somewhere around 154 or 156. So yeah, these are some big WWs. I didn't know Spence has difficulty cutting down to 147, but I guess that's to be expected. I just always thought he was a kinda tall rangy dude. 

I still like Kell's chances in this fight, as long as he's first. He's a really good counterpuncher too. I just don't want Spence to get too anxious because he tends to get hit a little too much for my liking when he goes for the kill. 

Brook has a decent arsenal....a good 1-2, good counter hooks, and a nice straight right hand that he uses quite often. 

I see Brook starting off strong like he did against GGG, and then Spence breaking him down by the mid-late rounds to a stoppage. Not KO'ing Brook, but Brook or his corner quitting. Once you pulled career moves like he did with the GGG fight so early in his career, that means you never cared for it in the first place. Brook is a money chaser, he cares nothing for legacy. 

#24 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,175 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 09:20 PM

Now Amir Khan is begging for a Brook fight.....ok bitch.

#25 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,467 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 08:59 AM

I see Brook starting off strong like he did against GGG, and then Spence breaking him down by the mid-late rounds to a stoppage. Not KO'ing Brook, but Brook or his corner quitting. Once you pulled career moves like he did with the GGG fight so early in his career, that means you never cared for it in the first place. Brook is a money chaser, he cares nothing for legacy. 

I honestly can't see Brook quitting in this one, or anymore for that matter. Let's admit that he stepped up two weight classes to take on GGG, whom is arguably one of the biggest punchers in the sport right now. 

I give him all the credit in the world for taking that fight. Had he fought another middleweight with less power, we would've been able to see what more he had to offer. However, in addition a fighter's weight and his opponent's weight taking a toll in the later round, he was already busted up by some heavy shots early on, resulting in that orbital bone injury.

The fact that he never went down in that fight, said a lot. I don't want to be the guy who gives him too much credit because he did lose the fight, but it answered questions about him and raised more on GGG's end. 

I see Spence as a strong fighter, but he does have a few flaws himself. More often that not, in the sport, the guys who exposes our flaws don't always have to be A-level fighters. Both fighters have hella game in my opinion, and the fight looks a bit closer than most are willing to admit. 

I see your stance on it and maybe mine will change a bit as we approach fight week....as it usually does. Lol

• flazi likes this

#26 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,467 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 09:17 AM

Now Amir Khan is begging for a Brook fight.....ok bitch.

:lol:

I'm so done with Khan. He's been out of the ring for a year and done nothing but talk....kinda reminds of the 2011-13 Robert Guerrero with the shoulder injury and entitlement, calling everybody out. Hell, it reminds me of the old Khan, lol. 

We have 4 more weeks until the fight and I see that Ramadan begins on the same day as the Spence/Brook fight, so I'm not even sure Khan would've been able to fight anybody until after June 25th....which means he'd have to start camp afterwards, which means I can't see him fighting again somewhere around September. Maybe I'm a bit off though. 

Point is, Khan aint trying to fight nobody nowadays, he's just spectating and hoping for a money grab. The mind frame that this guy works from, has me thinking that he's still the WBA and IBF champ at 140. Lo,

• flazi likes this

#27 flazi

flazi

Lightweight

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 02:32 PM

Brook didn't quit vs GGG.  his corner threw in the towel and rightfully so.

#28 BrutUalBK

BrutUalBK

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 01:08 AM

Brook is losing this bout, he is too slow and doesn't have his usual advantages he has over the vast majority of WWs he's faced.  Spence has better defense too, and that's something that Brook (who gets hit too much IMHO) is going to have to figure out a way to punch at angles and try to break through or around Errol's tough and high guard.

I see Spence winning this one pretty comfortably and whoever said Crawford, then let's just say that he (Crawford) won't have his size advantage that he usually has over most LWs facing Spence and he won't be able to bully him nor outjab him either.

Spence will dominate any fighter from WW down and I'm sure he'd beat a plethora of Jr MWs and probably a few MWs.  He spars with them all and from what I know of him, he goes hard as if he is in a real fight so I know that Crawford will not be able to do the things he does with the other fighters vs Spence.

I'd even take Spence by KO over Crawford.

#29 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,467 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 09:22 AM

Brook is losing this bout, he is too slow and doesn't have his usual advantages he has over the vast majority of WWs he's faced.  Spence has better defense too, and that's something that Brook (who gets hit too much IMHO) is going to have to figure out a way to punch at angles and try to break through or around Errol's tough and high guard.

I see Spence winning this one pretty comfortably and whoever said Crawford, then let's just say that he (Crawford) won't have his size advantage that he usually has over most LWs facing Spence and he won't be able to bully him nor outjab him either.

Spence will dominate any fighter from WW down and I'm sure he'd beat a plethora of Jr MWs and probably a few MWs.  He spars with them all and from what I know of him, he goes hard as if he is in a real fight so I know that Crawford will not be able to do the things he does with the other fighters vs Spence.

I'd even take Spence by KO over Crawford.

Too soon man....too soon. 

:lol:

#30 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,467 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 09:32 AM

Don't get me wrong guys, I like Spence, I really do. He's one of those quiet nice guys who has a killer instinct in there, I dig that. On the other hand, I don't get the idea of people making sparring sessions out to be a big deal when it comes to Spence, but tend to do the opposite when it comes to other fighters. 

In real fights, he looks spectacular, but he still hasn't truly had that kind of fight. I believe Saturday will tell us most of what we need to know about Spence, and I say mostly because people are already counting Brook out. 

I don't get it, I really don't. If Brook's slow, lacks the talent, and is a quitter....then how much credit should Spence get for beating him? The bigger question is, how much credit is he supposed to get if he goes out there and steamrolls him? 

The only way that we can say Spence is the real deal, is if we give Brook the credit he deserves, mainly for taking the fight, and knowing that he'll go out there and put on a show. Yeah, GGG beat him, but he gave a gallant effort in route to the stoppage. If I had to critique him, I'd say that he took way too many punches early on, which didn't help matters later on. 

Brook has a pretty decent jab, an underrated straight right hand, and hell....I'll even give him credit for knowing how to hold....and y'all know how much I HATE when a professional fighter refuses to hold when he gets hurt. Lol

All I'm saying is, Brook should get a little more respect coming into this fight. I honestly believe this one goes to the cards as well. Everybody's predicting a KO on behalf of Spence, but I'm not all that sure about it. How many times have fans predicted a stoppage in fights that should've ended in a stoppage, but it went to the cards?

Trust me, if I'm wrong, I'll take that egg on my face (no homo). 

• The Original MrFactor likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users