38 replies to this topic

#31 The Original MrFactor

The Original MrFactor

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,963 posts
  • Interests:Boxing

Posted 25 May 2017 - 02:16 PM

I watched vids on both guys and I'm rolling with Brook on this. Spence has the flashy brutal knockouts, but they were against guys who flat out were not in his league. When have we seen Spence "HIT?" I can guarantee there will be return fire in this fight. I paid close attention to how Brook dealt with pressure in the Porter fight and the GGG fight. He throws a lot of straight punches down the middle. Spence will provide similar, "in your face pressure." I think Spence has been used to hitting but not getting hit back. I assure you Brook will hit him back and test Spence's chin. When attacking the body, Spence has a tendency to drop his hands and swing for the fence. That 1-2 up top for Brook could be a killer combo and fight ender. This is a tough one to pick. I think It ends in a TKO either way. My pick is Brook though due to experience and the fact that he's a much tougher cookie than we give credit for. 

#32 flazi

flazi

Lightweight

• Members
  • 924 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 02:26 PM

Brook is indeed a tough cookie.  Anyone who can survive Porter's early rounds onslaught is tough, let alone 5 plus rounds of Golovkin.  He does everything well and he counter punches good.  Still i have to go with spence just cause his pressure is different, his body attack is ruthless and cause Brook is coming down from middle and might struggle more to make weight plus his eye socket was fractured.  It takes more than a few months to heal from that.

#33 sduck

sduck

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 07:31 PM

Amazing how this fight is only 2 days away. Felt like it was signed just yesterday. 

#34 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,960 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 09:19 PM

I watched vids on both guys and I'm rolling with Brook on this. Spence has the flashy brutal knockouts, but they were against guys who flat out were not in his league. When have we seen Spence "HIT?" I can guarantee there will be return fire in this fight. I paid close attention to how Brook dealt with pressure in the Porter fight and the GGG fight. He throws a lot of straight punches down the middle. Spence will provide similar, "in your face pressure." I think Spence has been used to hitting but not getting hit back. I assure you Brook will hit him back and test Spence's chin. When attacking the body, Spence has a tendency to drop his hands and swing for the fence. That 1-2 up top for Brook could be a killer combo and fight ender. This is a tough one to pick. I think It ends in a TKO either way. My pick is Brook though due to experience and the fact that he's a much tougher cookie than we give credit for. 

Man listen! They don't hear you though!

This was one of my concerns and I don't see many fighters getting around straight punches....we saw that when Floyd fought. A jab is one thing, but a straight right or left with some push behind it, changes matters. I also like Brook's uppercuts, and yes....he know how to hold when things get rough or when he doesn't want to fight on the inside. Spence has his hands full, but I'm damn happy this one is even happening!

#35 MaxPayne

MaxPayne

Welterweight

• Moderators
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 02:51 AM

As much as I like Spence, I think he needs a stoppage or an outright KO to win this fight.

Brook has beaten elite opposition at Welterweight (Porter) and looked good in spurts against GGG.

He's a massive, massive Welterweight and I think his chin is really good at this weight, which will be a problem for Spence because he's used to cracking smaller guys (Algieri and Bundu are his best wins).

From a skills perspective, I just think that Brook is a little better overall than Spence at this point in his career.

So I guess the smart money would be, Brook by decision with a hedge on Spence by KO.

#36 The Original MrFactor

The Original MrFactor

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,963 posts
  • Interests:Boxing

Posted 26 May 2017 - 10:34 PM

In the front page in interviews, it looks like Spence is struggling to make weight. His speech is affected slightly. That could be a factor in all this. Kell appears healthy and normal. With all the talk of "make weight," it could be the guy who screamed loudest that had the most trouble making weight. The jetlag could also be affecting Spence. Anyone know what time the broadcast starts?

#37 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 10:46 PM

Spence is young. Physically he will have no issues. He only will have to overcome anxiety and relax. Spence can be evasive. He laid flat two guys Thurman and Pac could not.. nearly sent them to the hospital. Brook will not able to grab and hold Spence like he did Porter and I think he will surprise Brook and box a bit before chopping him up. 

Edited by MAHDI, 26 May 2017 - 10:47 PM.

#38 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 10:49 PM

Brook is losing this bout, he is too slow and doesn't have his usual advantages he has over the vast majority of WWs he's faced.  Spence has better defense too, and that's something that Brook (who gets hit too much IMHO) is going to have to figure out a way to punch at angles and try to break through or around Errol's tough and high guard.

I see Spence winning this one pretty comfortably and whoever said Crawford, then let's just say that he (Crawford) won't have his size advantage that he usually has over most LWs facing Spence and he won't be able to bully him nor outjab him either.

Spence will dominate any fighter from WW down and I'm sure he'd beat a plethora of Jr MWs and probably a few MWs.  He spars with them all and from what I know of him, he goes hard as if he is in a real fight so I know that Crawford will not be able to do the things he does with the other fighters vs Spence.

I'd even take Spence by KO over Crawford.

This!!! 

Edited by MAHDI, 26 May 2017 - 10:51 PM.

#39 KSUN247

KSUN247

Lightweight

• Members
  • 957 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 09:58 AM

I like Kell Brook. He's gonna have the hometown crowd cheering him on for every punch, even near misses. They will BOO the Hell out of Spence. Brook has that good 1-2 (chocolate brownies), uppercut and holding, but I don't think it will be enough. He definitely won't have the size advantage. Brook usually has all of the advantages, but not tonight. I think Spence will deal with all of the hype, the jeering and put in work tonight. I'm drinking the Kool-Aid! I think Spence stops Brook in a classic fight of the year, probably in 10 or 11. Spence will get his chin checked though. As folks been saying online: #StrapSeason #ManDown #AndTheNew #BrowniesAndFireworks Can't wait.

Edited by KSUN247, 27 May 2017 - 09:59 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users