• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 MaxPayne

MaxPayne

Junior Welterweight

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 08:40 PM

8 days before the fight, Broner's camp has demanded that the fight's weight be changed from 142 lbs. to 147 lbs.

Apparently, Broner can't make 142 lbs. How lovely.

For those of you who weren't already done with this stupid piece of shit, this may be that final nail in the coffin.

People just don't change. He doesn't have the fucking discipline to put Boxing first and be 200% committed like you have to be in order to be consistently good.

His pops should have put in more ass whoopings while they were growing up...teach this idiot some fucking responsibility. 

#2 KSUN247

KSUN247

Lightweight

• Members
  • 790 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 09:04 PM

That sucks. Hopefully, they can come to an agreement and still fight. Broner is gonna have to pay that man. As for the discipline from Poppa Broner, that ain't happening. He's too busy riding his son's coattail and brushing that bamma's hair. Really hoping for the upset now.  Wanna see another Maidaina type butt-whipping.

#3 MaxPayne

MaxPayne

Junior Welterweight

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 10:07 PM

I'm with you on that. I certainly hope that they had to break bread and give Granados that money but then again, who knows ? Granados isn't exactly in a position to negotiate hard given that it's a setup fight against a "nobody" to make Broner look good.

Although on some personal shit though man, if I was Broner's promoter, I would give them money just because this shit is shameful for a fucking professional fighter, their trainers and the promotional company.

Can you imagine how frustrated Coach Stafford must be ? He's a good guy and an old-school coach, but this shit has to be driving him insane. He deserves better than this man...

• KSUN247 likes this

#4 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,378 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 12:02 PM

Not even sure why Broner insists on fighting at weights that he knows he can no longer make. I remember the Escobedo weight fiasco, the + or - 1 lb nonsense with the John Molina fight, he basically drained Porter at 144 and lost, then he lost his title on the scale against Theophane. 

I just hope they move forward with the fight, because I already told my fiance that a fight comes on Saturday night and she has the boxing schedule now. If they scrape the card, then that means I have to go to this b*tch ass birthday celebration for fiance's friend. 

• flazi likes this

#5 flazi

flazi

Lightweight

• Members
  • 871 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 04:42 PM

8 days from a fight and he can't loose 6lbs? or is he higher than 147 right now?

#6 MaxPayne

MaxPayne

Junior Welterweight

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 04:28 AM

He allegedly got sick or some shit and wasn't able to cut the required amount of weight.

#7 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,378 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 08:58 AM

Wouldn't you lose a pound or two if you're sick? I mean, I usually do. If he was really sick, then dehydration should be his issue....not the idea of not being able to cut weight. 

• flazi likes this

#8 flazi

flazi

Lightweight

• Members
  • 871 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 03:56 PM

i always loose weight when i am sick.  this dude needs to stop it.

#9 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,170 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 05:33 PM

This guy.

#10 MaxPayne

MaxPayne

Junior Welterweight

• Moderators
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 08:49 PM

Precisely. When you're in bed for a few days with the flu, you actually lose weight because you also lose your appetite man.

The only thing I can think of is that his starting weight was so awful that he needed to do a lot of that heavy roadwork in winterwear/sauna shit that fighters do to artificially cut water weight and he hasn't been able to do that.

That's even MORE damning because your weight shouldn't be so fucking out of control in the first place. 

Fuck this dude. 

• flazi likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users