Photo

Showtime@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT)-Broner vs.Granados/ Peterson vs. Avanesyan (SPOILERS)

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#71 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,328 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 12:12 AM

I couldn't type and rub a belly at the same time. This girl is just now starting to show and every ten seconds she wants me rub her belly....DF! Broner isn't funny. Good fight but he lacks that punching power. Floyd at least buzzes people. Lamont!! Great fight and that Brown dude was good but he ain't besting Stevenson. Good all around card.
  • BrutUalBK likes this

#72 BrutUalBK

BrutUalBK

Welterweight

• Banned
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 01:37 AM

Sorry but Broner lost that fight, he looked winded and was doing nothing more than holding and running.  He is nowhere near impressive, and he got the hometown nod.  The Ref was crap letting Broner get away with all that holding and constantly warning Granados for what Broner was doing.

I couldn't believe the bogus scoring by the judges and by Bernstein, that was some total bull.  Broner was scared to go 12 rounds with Granados, he would've gotten stopped.

They should rematch in Chicago for 12 rounds, I'll take Granados by stoppage.

• MaxPayne likes this

#73 MaxPayne

MaxPayne

Welterweight

• Moderators
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 10:53 PM

Agreed. A 12 round fight I think would have been very, very fascinating. 

Not only does Broner still seem like he has conditioning issues, but he's always been easy to hit for a fighter who supposedly/allegedly tries to copy Floyd Mayweather.

Do you know what made Floyd and Pernell 2 of the very best defensive fighters the world has ever seen ? Quite simply: their wheels.

OG trainers will always stress about how important it is to be able to dance. To weave in and out. Get out of the corner. Keep turning an opponent.

Holding isn't defense. It's disengagement. It's a technically illegal. Most importantly, it doesn't put you in a position to counter, which is the whole concept of good defense.

Real defense is ducking, back-stepping, parrying, slipping, catching, rolling. All of these moves allow you to neutralize your opponent while simultaneously putting you in a position to hit them clean.

Make him miss. Make him pay. That's what defense is all about.

• flazi and BrutUalBK like this

#74 BrutUalBK

BrutUalBK

Welterweight

• Banned
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 12:22 AM

Agreed. A 12 round fight I think would have been very, very fascinating. 

Not only does Broner still seem like he has conditioning issues, but he's always been easy to hit for a fighter who supposedly/allegedly tries to copy Floyd Mayweather.

Do you know what made Floyd and Pernell 2 of the very best defensive fighters the world has ever seen ? Quite simply: their wheels.

OG trainers will always stress about how important it is to be able to dance. To weave in and out. Get out of the corner. Keep turning an opponent.

Holding isn't defense. It's disengagement. It's a technically illegal. Most importantly, it doesn't put you in a position to counter, which is the whole concept of good defense.

Real defense is ducking, back-stepping, parrying, slipping, catching, rolling. All of these moves allow you to neutralize your opponent while simultaneously putting you in a position to hit them clean.

Make him miss. Make him pay. That's what defense is all about.

Defense, what defense??  Broner doesn't have a defense at all unless someone gives him credit for always holding.  I'd love to see what happens to him against a guy like Spence who will be too big and strong to let Broner just hold on to him and he'd be more offensive/constantly attacking Broner and making him run.

I can't believe they are saying Broner is "back", he failed to impress anyone except his hometown fans and those bought off judges.  Everything was already pre-arranged and fixed for Broner to win: it was in his hometown, it was 10 rounds, it was the weight he (Broner) wanted, he refused to step onto the Unofficial Scales because he didn't want anyone to know that he was weighing in around 168 or more and that Ref had to be the worse clown I'd ever seen.

Did that Ref ever even officiate any other bouts prior to the Broner fight?  If he did, then he must have been nothing but a sorry ass Local.

I can't wait for somebody real to get ahold of this clown (Broner), I guarantee once he gets his ass whupped good enough that he'll end up lapsing back into the hood-trash he is.

That wannabe Mayweather fake, copycat, non-defense having, holding ass coward isn't a real fighter, I have zero respect for his egotistical ass.

Edited by BrutUalBK, 22 February 2017 - 12:22 AM.

• flazi and MaxPayne like this

#75 MaxPayne

MaxPayne

Welterweight

• Moderators
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 05:02 AM

Precisely that. His defense is largely non-existent when you really look at the film.

At the lower weights, his power was enough to ward off guys from bull-rushing him. However anything north of 140 lbs. and guys like Maidana and Porter laugh at that shit. His power at higher weights is on the "BB Gun" side of the game for real.

Broner's "defense" or lack thereof works when you can make a guy feel your punches and stop him in his tracks as he's trying to walk you down.

If you can't do that, then Floyd and Pernell have already shown all of us the only true way to win and that's by purely out-Boxing the opponent and making them look like zombies in the ring. The Matador and the Bull, so to speak.

I do think that at 140 lbs. Broner could be a very good fighter because he can take those shots better and his punches would be more significant. Sadly for the sport of Boxing, he's unable to get his life together to the point where he's disciplined enough to cut that weight.

Then again, I shed no tears for this dude, because he's had his chances at glory and make a lot of money while essentially half-assing the sport of Boxing. It's a slap in the face to honest Boxers who give it their all. 

• flazi and BrutUalBK like this

#76 Franchize

Franchize

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 11:50 AM

Broner gets hit because he pulls straight back and his counters are too wide. Floyd counters are straight n compact. Broners are like softball pitches.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users