• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#61 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,292 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:10 PM

Down goes Washington from a right hand in the 5th....he deserved that. 

#62 KSUN247

KSUN247

Lightweight

• Members
  • 773 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:11 PM

Oh boy!!!

#63 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,292 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:11 PM

What kind of stoppage was that? It wasn't the worst, but he could've let Washington continue. Waiting for the replay. 

#64 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,292 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:13 PM

Seems like everybody had the same game plan tonight....let the other guy get his shit off, let him tire out, then get them outta there. 

#65 KSUN247

KSUN247

Lightweight

• Members
  • 773 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:14 PM

Over just like that! Wilder has the perfect name "Wilder". Those punches were wild and hard as HELL and hurt Washington. Another KO win for Wilder. He needs to straighten up his punches, cause Joshua will KO him throwing that wildly.
  • BrutUalBK likes this

#66 KSUN247

KSUN247

Lightweight

• Members
  • 773 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 11:42 PM

Washington...is winning this fight ?

I'm no judge, but I had Washington winning all the rounds until he got caught. Crazy stoppage initially, but dude was done. Good call by the ref.

#67 Jack 1000

Jack 1000

The Consultant

• Root Admin
  • 10,489 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 12:35 AM

Fightnews said not much happened until the 5th round TKO.

Two judges had it 38-38(x2) and the other had it 39-37 for Wilder. Did not see the fight, but 39-37 Wilder seems to be a biased score. Wilder has side and power, but no skill. Most heavyweights that are decent could beat him provided that they don't get caught. This likely would be Klitschko, unless he's aged too much, Ortiz, which would be a battle of the bombers, I think won by Ortiz, and Joshua beats him if he does not get caught. Will he fight those guys? Will Haymon allow it?

Jack

#68 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,151 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 11:25 AM

I think Remy Ma had the KO of the night. Followed by Brazzle.
  • KSUN247 likes this

#69 BrutUalBK

BrutUalBK

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 12:00 PM

Over just like that! Wilder has the perfect name "Wilder". Those punches were wild and hard as HELL and hurt Washington. Another KO win for Wilder. He needs to straighten up his punches, cause Joshua will KO him throwing that wildly.

Thank you, somebody beat me to it.  It appears he isn't really learning much about the craft, if he runs at a fighter like that who knows how to counter and time him then he's getting KTFO.

Breland isn't teaching that boy much, his jab is wack as f*ck, it doesn't even snap out nor does it come out stiff/straight with authority..........it's like a love tap waiting for him to throw his right hand and nothing more.

With all the advantages Wilder had on Washington he should be able to (when or if he learns how) beat anyone with just a great jab, but honestly he sucks and his training needs to be sharpened before he gets exposed.

I wasn't impressed by either HW last night, and Wilder is a reckless beast who will soon meet his match.

• MaxPayne and KSUN247 like this

#70 MaxPayne

MaxPayne

Junior Welterweight

• Moderators
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 08:44 PM

Agreed. I'm disappointed in Wilder's lack of development.

The point is that Washington is a very latecomer to our sport and it should have been simple for Wilder to lay traps and counter the hell out of him.

Also, when he dropped Washington with an entirely telegraphed right hand, my point is that he went in there swinging like a caveman in a bar fight. 

There are MMA fighters with better straight punching ability than Wilder and that's some embarrassing shit right there maing.

I do believe that Fury would rather easily handle the Wilder we saw last night if he can ever get his life together.

I also believe that Anthony Joshua would likely beat this Wilder. 

• BrutUalBK likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users