Photo

Edit: Amir Khan vs Manny Pacquiao (Dead in the Water)

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,458 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 04:59 PM

As much as I despise Arum, I believe him in this one particular case. He mentions how he agreed to step aside and let these investors in Abu Dhabi handle the fight, as far as funds are concerned. Of course they never got the money together when asked about it. 

I just wish those UAE investors need leave boxing alone. They've promised us big fights over the years, but never seem to show the money.

They're like that deadbeat father that promises to take you to a ballgame, but blows his chances of making things right, by not showing up on game day.

• MaxPayne likes this

#22 BrutUalBK

BrutUalBK

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 08:56 PM

I was very disappointed to hear this, it appears more that it is postponed though by the way Arum is addressing it rather than totally cancelled, somehow they need to confirm that the 38 mil is really real and not some fake bid, those Arabs who are backing Khan have the money so they should just give it up.

#23 MaxPayne

MaxPayne

Junior Welterweight

• Moderators
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:09 PM

I just.....I hate Bob Arum. 

He's clearly draining Manny dry at this point, and I know he's gonna try to shove this Jeff Horn fight down our throats. If it's on HBO and not PPV, oh well, but he surely can't expect good reception for that fight. 

Manny may as well go ahead and retire. 

One of the pre-requisites for being a good person is whether or not you hate Bob Arum.

If you do, then Jesus is on your side. 

• Plah and Dolimite like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users