Photo

CBS@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT)-Thurman vs. Garcia-SPOILERS (No Public Streams)

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

#121 klonopinz

klonopinz

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 10:38 PM

angel is funny as hell. if you go to swift's gym during training camp, angel is screaming funny shit the enitre time. but yeah we do all have massive johnsons

#122 sduck

sduck

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 11:04 PM

i basically agree with everyone's posts except dolomite, which most people on here. danny won the fight. this was a boxing lesson. look at keiths face at the end of round 8 or 9 watever it was, he looked incredibly frustrated. i mean he threw a 6 pounch combo at danny and missed every single shot, 

people need to remember hat boxing actually is. its not just clean effective punching, and landing one big shot IMO does not overrule 8 solid punches on the chin from the other guy unless it clearly stuns and hurts him, and that simply was not the case. i thought danny had much bettter ring generalship, when keith tried to press, danny moved, turned, dfended, and pivoted. and also threw some excellent timing jabs as keith was trying to launch one of his big useless windmill combinations. kieht moved around in circles clearly taking his breath and doing next to nothing. those moments when danny was inactive, he was chasing thurman down and being the effective aggressor in the fight. he absolutely clearly 100% won the counterpunch battle. keith was getting hit flush at the end of most of the exchanges when he tried to brawl toe to toe with danny. same thing with mathysse and khan. if you wanna bral with danny you better be able to pivot out, and keith couldnt do that. i saw a little  floyd move danny did after throwing a right hand, he ducked down and pivoted out like floyd did against marquezs. i was amazed when i saw that cuz u see ho much better danny has gotten. 

i just thought danny had clearly won on all the criteria except big shots. i thought he outlanded keith in jabs and power shots, they werent stunning shots, but this is sport is boxing not fighting. danny won the defensive battle by a landslide, he controlled the ring for more than half the fight, mostly because thurman decided to coast like a bum. anytme a fighte coasts he deserves to lose i dont care how well he did. boxing has proven this over the years, de la hoya trinidad stands out to me. garcia on the jab battle clearly, and he countered more effectively. i also thought he controlled the fight down the stretch with his defense, aggravating thurman and exposing his one dimensional garbage. if thats the best kieht has to offer, hes in serious trouble against brook or spence. and god forbid floyd mayweather gets bored and wants his belts back, keith will be humiliated like guererro.

People at boxingscene and youtube are straight clowns. This is why I like this place, we can usually see eye to eye. It's normal to have disagreements, but people here aren't outrageous. The shit people say elsewhere just makes me wow, do yall even follow this sport.

• Plah likes this

#123 MaxPayne

MaxPayne

Welterweight

• Moderators
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 04:28 AM

Sherdog is the same. There are precious few forums out there where "real Boxing heads" can come in and have a back-and-forth like men.

It's ok to have different opinions; ok to tease each other and mess around; but man, some of the shit I've seen people talking about makes me be like, it's some dumbass motherfuckers out here for real...

#124 Jack 1000

Jack 1000

The Consultant

• Root Admin
  • 10,563 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 06:53 AM

I think Floyd's got his 50th win if he comes out of retirement and fights Thurman.  I am not exactly a Floyd fan, and like Keith.  But got to be objective.  Thurman is not quite A-level yet.  He's a B+ looking in, but Saturday night lost both the 11th and 12th rounds after leading through 10 rounds to lose 115-114 or 6-5-1 Garcia.

Off of ;last night I think Tim Bradley-Keith Thurman is a 50-50 fight.  Pacquiao beats Thurman unless he's gotten old overnight.  Floyd wins over Thurman 116-112 (x3.)  Porter also I will put at 55/45 in Shawn's favor this time if they rematch.

I would feel happier about Thurman if he had done more in those last two rounds to get the win.  It hurts me to say that I thought he lost because Keith Thurman is one of the coolest and nicest guys in boxing.  He gave the fight away in the last two rounds.

Jack

#125 flazi

flazi

Lightweight

• Members
  • 924 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 03:47 PM

i thought thurman won a close fight, 7 to 5 for me.  he just did a bit more than danny.  Danny has a p4p chin though.  Thurman once he realizes he can't ko someone, will box and move.  And he knew Danny wasn't about to be ko'ed.  People say Thurman didn't do much well Danny did even less.  He doesn't have the power at 147 he had at 140.  Still though i give him congrats for not being a sore loser unlike his father.

• Dolimite likes this

#126 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,329 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 07:58 PM

Ok Angel.

I watched the fight this morning and I think people wanted a Hearns and Leonard fight, instead they got a technical but at times exciting fight. I don't see where Danny won. Keith just put in more work. Angel had no snswers to adjust to what Keith was doing. I thought Danny was way conservative with his punching. He would not let his hands go. I think he was concerned with being countered. Keith was looking for Danny's left hook all night
I think the right person won. A draw would of been cool as well. The rounds were razor close. With Keith having big finishes at each round persuaded the judges in his favor.
  • flazi and KSUN247 like this

#127 The Original MrFactor

The Original MrFactor

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,957 posts
  • Interests:Boxing

Posted 08 March 2017 - 04:39 AM

To me, this was a great classic fight. Thurman won and rightly so, because he was busier. We know Thurman has a great boxing IQ and did enough to win more rounds that Danny. We've known fom watching some of his other fights that when Kieth throws his load and you are still standing after 5 rounds, he outpoints you as best as he can. You've got to be relentless to beat Thurman.

What we learned about Danny is that Danny has a helluva set of whiskers. He takes a great shot and is relentless. i think he respected Thurman too much early on and waited. if he started the fight with the same or similar energy that Thurman started with, he could have made it closer or took it. I'm still not over Angel saying the N-word the way he said it. Danny is his own man, and definitly has my respect as a fighter. This was a great fight between two world class guys. I hope they rematch.

• flazi likes this

#128 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,935 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 08:45 AM

Ok Angel.

I watched the fight this morning and I think people wanted a Hearns and Leonard fight, instead they got a technical but at times exciting fight. I don't see where Danny won. Keith just put in more work. Angel had no snswers to adjust to what Keith was doing. I thought Danny was way conservative with his punching. He would not let his hands go. I think he was concerned with being countered. Keith was looking for Danny's left hook all night
I think the right person won. A draw would of been cool as well. The rounds were razor close. With Keith having big finishes at each round persuaded the judges in his favor.

C'mon, D....you're talking in circles here. You just said that Keith put in more work and Danny was conservative and wouldn't let his hands go. In the same breath, you said the "right person won", but you would've been cool with a draw?! Either Keith put in more work and Danny wouldn't let his hands go, or the rounds were razor close....which one is it? 

Anytime someone says a fight was 8-4, but was "close", that gives wiggle room for the "7-5" talk....which opens the flood gates for "it could've gone either way"...you know, that split decision talk. If you were cool with a draw, then the fight could've gone either way....and that says that Keith put in more work, but so did Danny, but Keith couldn't have maintained ring generalship, if that were the case. 

See how subjective that gets once you lay it all out on the table? Lol

#129 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,935 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 08:49 AM

To me, this was a great classic fight. Thurman won and rightly so, because he was busier. We know Thurman has a great boxing IQ and did enough to win more rounds that Danny. We've known fom watching some of his other fights that when Kieth throws his load and you are still standing after 5 rounds, he outpoints you as best as he can. You've got to be relentless to beat Thurman.

What we learned about Danny is that Danny has a helluva set of whiskers. He takes a great shot and is relentless. i think he respected Thurman too much early on and waited. if he started the fight with the same or similar energy that Thurman started with, he could have made it closer or took it. I'm still not over Angel saying the N-word the way he said it. Danny is his own man, and definitly has my respect as a fighter. This was a great fight between two world class guys. I hope they rematch.

I still haven't had time to watch the fight again since Saturday, but these were my sentiments at that time....and they may still exist. This sort of puts me in the mind of both Erik Morales fights, except the first fight was Danny's first title shot, so he may have bee a bit hesitant and gave too much respect.

The rematch showed him taking the initiative. I'm not comparing Keith to Morales, just the situations in general. Danny could possibly take it in a rematch by being busier, but that could also open him up more. 

#130 BrutUalBK

BrutUalBK

Welterweight

• Banned
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 08:21 PM

angel is funny as hell. if you go to swift's gym during training camp, angel is screaming funny shit the enitre time. but yeah we do all have massive johnsons

Angel is an annoying idiot who talks too much, he should just stfu and let his son's fists do the talking but instead he always opens he big @$$ trap and some dumb $h@t flies out.

I thought that Thurman won the fight more convincingly than the scores indicated but still his power wasn't impressive as they try to make it sound as though he's this big huge punching one hitter quitter KO artist. 

I scored the fight 116-112.

I wouldn't want to see a rematch because Garcia is too flat footed, that boy needs some speed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users