Photo

CBS@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT)-Thurman vs. Garcia-SPOILERS (No Public Streams)

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

#131 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 11:07 AM

C'mon, D....you're talking in circles here. You just said that Keith put in more work and Danny was conservative and wouldn't let his hands go. In the same breath, you said the "right person won", but you would've been cool with a draw?! Either Keith put in more work and Danny wouldn't let his hands go, or the rounds were razor close....which one is it? 

Anytime someone says a fight was 8-4, but was "close", that gives wiggle room for the "7-5" talk....which opens the flood gates for "it could've gone either way"...you know, that split decision talk. If you were cool with a draw, then the fight could've gone either way....and that says that Keith put in more work, but so did Danny, but Keith couldn't have maintained ring generalship, if that were the case. 

See how subjective that gets once you lay it all out on the table? Lol

I had Thurman up 4 rounds, however they were all close going into the championship rounds, 10-12. I said to myself that if Thurman keeps this sorry impression of Willie Pep up, he is going to go from a win to a draw. What surprised me was Angel's instructions to Danny. He never told him to press Thurman or cut the ring off or even set traps to set up that big hook shot. I don't know what the issue was. This fight reminded me of Gary Russell Jr. and Vasyl's fight. Gary would not let his hands go for crap, he looked lackluster. Danny didn't have that fire. 

So Floyd said he is coming out of retirement. During his press conference he said that nor Danny or Thurman could beat him at the age of 40. I wonder if Thurman will call him out, anything that can shut this Conor talk up. So boring!

#132 MAHDI

MAHDI

Super Featherweight

• Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 01:41 PM

For those upset with Angel and the N word, get over it.. Puerto Ricans and Dominicans have used it for decades.. They call themselves N***ger in every word of a typical conversation.. lol...I Remember after one of his fights Hector calling out the top Black fighters in late 80s... he capped it off with "All you ni*8gers"...lol.....Thurman's arms are not long enough to beat Floyd. Garcia at times showed good timing in countering Keith.. Mayweather will have Keith running like Husain Bolt. His occasional hard counters and flurries at the end of rounds will not work against even the 40 year old Floyd

Edited by MAHDI, 12 March 2017 - 01:43 PM.

#133 The Original MrFactor

The Original MrFactor

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,928 posts
  • Interests:Boxing

Posted 15 March 2017 - 02:28 AM

For those upset with Angel and the N word, get over it.. Puerto Ricans and Dominicans have used it for decades.. They call themselves N***ger in every word of a typical conversation.. lol...I Remember after one of his fights Hector calling out the top Black fighters in late 80s... he capped it off with "All you ni*8gers"...lol.....Thurman's arms are not long enough to beat Floyd. Garcia at times showed good timing in countering Keith.. Mayweather will have Keith running like Husain Bolt. His occasional hard counters and flurries at the end of rounds will not work against even the 40 year old Floyd

Agree with you on Thurman's arms being too short to box with Mayweather. About Angel, i guess we disagree. Believe me when i say I know the history of latino's and blacks together. Context is everything.  Angel's context was the same context as if it was coming from a Klansmen. Right after he said the N-Word, he started praising Donald trump. It came off as trying to insult rather than trying to embrace. I'm sure Angel has black friends who he probably offended that day.

#134 MAHDI

MAHDI

Super Featherweight

• Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:25 PM

Understanding understood. Contextually adding in Trump comments makes it different....did not know the ends all. I am not a Trump hater though...lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users