Photo

HBO PPV@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT)-Golovkin vs Jacobs-SPOILERS (No Public Streams)

• Please log in to reply
215 replies to this topic

#1 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,957 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 05:22 PM

We're less than 3 hrs away from the show, guys! Drop all predictions and updates in this thread. 

:drag:

#2 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,957 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 05:28 PM

Of course everybody's here for the main event, but the undercard isn't too bad....I'll give it a B+. It appears to be a pretty decent pool of talent and I'm anxious to see who flourishes tonight. 

As for the main event, I just don't see Jacobs getting through 4 rounds. As I mentioned earlier this week, if Jacobs pulls off the upset, I'll gladly wear egg on my face. I hate to keep bringing up the Pirog fight, but Jacobs still fights the same to me, except he's a bit more planted and doesn't fight on his toes as much as he did in the past. 

Anyway, I believe he's putting too much thought into GGG's power, since that's been the story of the fight since it got signed. My only worry is if Jacobs hurts Golovkin with a shot or drops him, he'll get overzealous and run into a counter shot...just like he did in the Mora fight. 

I just can't see it going past 4. If Jacobs survives longer than 4, then we'll see him get beat down like Stevens did against Golovkin. 

#3 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,336 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 06:04 PM

I got Danny by split decision. 

#4 Jack 1000

Jack 1000

The Consultant

• Root Admin
  • 10,566 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 06:18 PM

Gonzalez fight Rungvista in a mandatory WBC Super Flyweight Title.fight.  A rematch with Cuadres a FOTY candidate awaits if he wins!

Jack

#5 KSUN247

KSUN247

Lightweight

• Members
  • 957 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 07:14 PM

Danny by SD. I'm a little salty about him declining to weigh in this morning. Win and take all the belts. Put your name on the map and deal with the IBF belt drama later.
  • Cshel86 likes this

#6 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,336 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 07:51 PM

Danny by SD. I'm a little salty about him declining to weigh in this morning. Win and take all the belts. Put your name on the map and deal with the IBF belt drama later.

Could be mind games
  • KSUN247 likes this

#7 Jack 1000

Jack 1000

The Consultant

• Root Admin
  • 10,566 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 07:54 PM

Of course everybody's here for the main event, but the undercard isn't too bad....I'll give it a B+. It appears to be a pretty decent pool of talent and I'm anxious to see who flourishes tonight. 

As for the main event, I just don't see Jacobs getting through 4 rounds. As I mentioned earlier this week, if Jacobs pulls off the upset, I'll gladly wear egg on my face. I hate to keep bringing up the Pirog fight, but Jacobs still fights the same to me, except he's a bit more planted and doesn't fight on his toes as much as he did in the past. 

Anyway, I believe he's putting too much thought into GGG's power, since that's been the story of the fight since it got signed. My only worry is if Jacobs hurts Golovkin with a shot or drops him, he'll get overzealous and run into a counter shot...just like he did in the Mora fight. 

I just can't see it going past 4. If Jacobs survives longer than 4, then we'll see him get beat down like Stevens did against Golovkin. 

Didn't you vote for Jacobs in the Preview Poll?

I agree though.  This could be over with Golovkin's first solid punch to Jacob's jaw.  I got Golovkin KO 5 and that is being kind to Jacobs.

Jack

#8 MaxPayne

MaxPayne

Welterweight

• Moderators
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 07:59 PM

Man, I'm PUMPED DEN A MUTHAFUCKA

• Plah likes this

#9 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,957 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 08:11 PM

Didn't you vote for Jacobs in the Preview Poll?

I agree though.  This could be over with Golovkin's first solid punch to Jacob's jaw.  I got Golovkin KO 5 and that is being kind to Jacobs.

Jack

Lmao! Don't call me out, Jack! That was a while ago, but yes I did vote for him. After watching the Pirog fight again, my prediction him Jacobs not finishing the fight, surfaced. 

#10 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,957 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 08:12 PM

Those lefts to the body by Martin in the 1st round were very telling. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users