Photo

HBO PPV@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT)-Golovkin vs Jacobs-SPOILERS (No Public Streams)

• Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

#171 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,293 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 12:09 AM

So nobody is gonna mention the fact that he sounds EXACTLY like Borat?

:lol:

#172 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,293 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 12:13 AM

Fuck you, Lampley. Stop making excuses for GGG and protecting his image. Even GGG knew that he wasn't gonna go for a decision, regardless of what he said in the post-fight. Now he's saying that Abel and GGG had become a victim of the "knockout streak", fuck that. 

#173 Franchize

Franchize

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,375 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 12:20 AM

Fuck you, Lampley. Stop making excuses for GGG and protecting his image. Even GGG knew that he wasn't gonna go for a decision, regardless of what he said in the post-fight. Now he's saying that Abel and GGG had become a victim of the "knockout streak", fuck that. 

He's a detriment to boxing. I don't get how more people don't call him out on his BS. In a sport with probably the least amount of filter, how is it that Floyd's the only person in recent memory to really call out one of them dudes. I mean seriously. Regardless of who you thought won, no way GGG planned for that. Not only did he get hit but he was missing a TON. Even the KD, he landed a good punch but the actual KD came from lack of balance. Jacobs made him look real ordinary. 

#174 Franchize

Franchize

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,375 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 12:20 AM

If you can't call a fight in a non bias way, to the point where even when your guy wins a close fight, you can't even concede it was difficult, you can't do your job.

• flazi, Cshel86 and Plah like this

#175 MaxPayne

MaxPayne

Junior Welterweight

• Moderators
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 12:30 AM

The fact of the matter is that while in my view GGG did enough to win, Jacobs' movement, switch-hitting and his chin were all very impressive.

• flazi and Plah like this

#176 mgrover

mgrover

Cruiserweight

• Moderators
  • 5,188 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 12:40 AM

rematch will depends on the PPV numbers I guess, unless Jacobs will take a pay cut for the rematch. He didnt seem overly pissed he lost.

#177 Franchize

Franchize

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,375 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 01:07 AM

IMO Thurman, GGG and Chocolatito all kinda got exposed this year.

#178 MaxPayne

MaxPayne

Junior Welterweight

• Moderators
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 01:22 AM

This word "exposed" is rather over-used.

Gonlazez did great work, landed a ton of shots and got cut from illegal headbutts which limited his vision. I strongly believe that in a rematch he would come out on top.

Similarly, GGG went up against the 2nd best MW in the world who was a tough stylistic match-up which is why he didn't look like his usual self.

To me, "exposed" is Danny Garcia getting his ears boxed off by Herrera and Lamont, but still getting gift decisions.

That didn't happen in today's fights.  

• flazi, Cshel86 and Plah like this

#179 Jack 1000

Jack 1000

The Consultant

• Root Admin
  • 10,490 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:09 AM

Terrible Robbery!

I watched the BBC commentary on Box Nation and had it 116-112 or 8-3-1 for Jacobs.  (Even first round.)  This is the worst that GGG has ever looked.  He could not get going spare the knockdown and was CLEARLY outboxed!

A bad call!  They did that to protect Triple G's image!

What did Golvkin do other than a few rounds that gave him this win?

Jack

• Cshel86 likes this

#180 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,151 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 05:43 AM

"Mass, Mass (Max), listen, this is sport, I'm not a killer" - GGG

:lol:

This dude's English is always funny.

Before the fight you said you were. I told yawl Danny was going to give him fists. So where was that massive power? Danny is the real winner overall, his stock went way up. Depending on how well Canelo performs, GGG may miss out on that payday. Now if Danny can hit GGG from different angles, imagine what Ward would of done. GGG had a one track mind, destroy Danny, when that didn't happen, it went downhill. When GGG scored that knock down, Jim almost lost his mind. Sorry fellas for the late comments, I was enjoying my empty house.
  • flazi likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users