Photo

HBO PPV@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT)-Golovkin vs Jacobs-SPOILERS (No Public Streams)

• Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

#201 KSUN247

KSUN247

Lightweight

• Members
  • 773 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 12:45 PM

I just don't get why the media is making a big deal of Danny's weight when nobody knew it after March 17th at the weigh-in. 

They we're looking for a reason to downplay Jacobs' performance and had a built-in excuse in case GGG lost the fight. Nobody knew his weight because he didn't weigh in again. LOL!

Ps. Heard the PPV numbers were bad also. Maybe 150K?

Edited by KSUN247, 22 March 2017 - 04:37 PM.

• flazi likes this

#202 mgrover

mgrover

Cruiserweight

• Moderators
  • 5,188 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 03:49 PM

I'll read your notes after I watch the fight again, you're pretty solid with the Corona and notepad....like the old days around here. I hardly drink nowadays, haven't been shitfaced since Garcia/Thurman and had two beers on the night of Broner/Granados...haven't drank since then.

I was pretty coherent during Jacobs/GGG, aside from typing during rounds. I'm now down to a nice 175 lbs...or 79 kg. I just had to share this with somebody, lol. 

am 80kg, trying to drop to less but cant put down the coronas haha. id only had a few for the fight. 

not sure why people are trying to make a thing of the weight, but it'll be interesting if other organizations enforce the same rules.

#203 mgrover

mgrover

Cruiserweight

• Moderators
  • 5,188 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 03:50 PM

They we're looking for a reason to downplay Jacobs' performance and had a built-in excuse in case GGG lost the fight. Nobody knew his weight because he didn't weigh I'm again. LOL!

Ps. Heard the PPV numbers were bad also. Maybe 150K?

i think 150k is actually a success compared to the Lemiuex fight which I think did around 50k.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users