Photo

HBO PPV@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT)-Golovkin vs Jacobs-SPOILERS (No Public Streams)

• Please log in to reply
215 replies to this topic

#201 KSUN247

KSUN247

Lightweight

• Members
  • 849 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 12:45 PM

I just don't get why the media is making a big deal of Danny's weight when nobody knew it after March 17th at the weigh-in. 

They we're looking for a reason to downplay Jacobs' performance and had a built-in excuse in case GGG lost the fight. Nobody knew his weight because he didn't weigh in again. LOL!

Ps. Heard the PPV numbers were bad also. Maybe 150K?

Edited by KSUN247, 22 March 2017 - 04:37 PM.

• flazi and Franchize like this

#202 mgrover

mgrover

Cruiserweight

• Moderators
  • 5,241 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 03:49 PM

I'll read your notes after I watch the fight again, you're pretty solid with the Corona and notepad....like the old days around here. I hardly drink nowadays, haven't been shitfaced since Garcia/Thurman and had two beers on the night of Broner/Granados...haven't drank since then.

I was pretty coherent during Jacobs/GGG, aside from typing during rounds. I'm now down to a nice 175 lbs...or 79 kg. I just had to share this with somebody, lol. 

am 80kg, trying to drop to less but cant put down the coronas haha. id only had a few for the fight. 

not sure why people are trying to make a thing of the weight, but it'll be interesting if other organizations enforce the same rules.

#203 mgrover

mgrover

Cruiserweight

• Moderators
  • 5,241 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 03:50 PM

They we're looking for a reason to downplay Jacobs' performance and had a built-in excuse in case GGG lost the fight. Nobody knew his weight because he didn't weigh I'm again. LOL!

i think 150k is actually a success compared to the Lemiuex fight which I think did around 50k.

#204 Franchize

Franchize

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,413 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 05:45 PM

They we're looking for a reason to downplay Jacobs' performance and had a built-in excuse in case GGG lost the fight. Nobody knew his weight because he didn't weigh in again. LOL!

Lampley harped on that from the moment he realized Danny came to fight. "We all know Jacobs is at least 20 lbs heavier than GGG." Ummm no...we don't know that. He declined to weigh in. 

• flazi and KSUN247 like this

#205 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,559 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 12:59 PM

Man Danny gave a spirited effort, and yes, those rounds were still close. GGG's in a weird boat though. If he knocks everybody out, he's considered to not be tested. If he goes 12 rounds with a guy that he's supposed to beat, he's on the decline. It's weird, but in a sense, both arguments can be raised. 

• flazi likes this

#206 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,232 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 03:50 PM

Man Danny gave a spirited effort, and yes, those rounds were still close. GGG's in a weird boat though. If he knocks everybody out, he's considered to not be tested. If he goes 12 rounds with a guy that he's supposed to beat, he's on the decline. It's weird, but in a sense, both arguments can be raised. 

GGG made his bed now he has to lay in it. He was the one who said he would knock Danny out. Not only that bro, many think Danny won that fight, that or a draw. Exposed is a strong word, but Danny gave the blue print, why did you think Saunders is making so much noise in making the fight happen and honestly if I am GGG I am trying to find a fight against someone to knock out to keep that Canelo fight interesting. That's another thing. If Canelo looks like shit against my boy Chavez Jr. the between the two will lose interest. GGG made himself  this unstoppable nobody wants to fight me monster, and Sanchez's loud mouth as well. 

#207 MaxPayne

MaxPayne

Junior Welterweight

• Moderators
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 11:31 PM

What if I said that this mythical "blueprint" is a non-issue, because only Danny can do what he does ?

Can you think of any half-decent fighters at MW who can keep switching stances like that effectively ?

Because I can't think of a single one.

The single largest factor that helped Danny that night was his switching back and forth, which fucked with Golovkin's rhythm. 

#208 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,559 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 03:09 PM

Looks like BJS is making a fuss about GGG's end not signing the contract for the proposed June bout. Me thinks that Team Golovkin is waiting to see how May 6th plays out....or maybe somebody's working on an "after the fight, we shake hands" deal, in the event that Canelo is victorious in a few weeks. 

• flazi likes this

#209 MaxPayne

MaxPayne

Junior Welterweight

• Moderators
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:16 AM

Looks like BJS is making a fuss about GGG's end not signing the contract for the proposed June bout. Me thinks that Team Golovkin is waiting to see how May 6th plays out....or maybe somebody's working on an "after the fight, we shake hands" deal, in the event that Canelo is victorious in a few weeks. 

Which is fucking retarded when you think about it.

GGG should continue fighting and getting the biggest fights and the biggest paydays.

What gives you more leverage ? To say that you sold like 10 PPV buys and earned 2.5 million, or that you were the event spectacle of the year at an event against BJS and earned 10 million ?

His management should be fucking shot. Retarded pieces of shit. 

#210 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,559 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 09:05 AM

Which is fucking retarded when you think about it.

GGG should continue fighting and getting the biggest fights and the biggest paydays.

What gives you more leverage ? To say that you sold like 10 PPV buys and earned 2.5 million, or that you were the event spectacle of the year at an event against BJS and earned 10 million ?

His management should be fucking shot. Retarded pieces of shit. 

It's retarded, but as long as fans are "pleased", what can we really do? It sucks, I know. 

I mean, I don't honestly think a BJS fight actually helps his case, being that Canelo's numbers have been far more consistent for years now. What if GGG takes the BJS fight and the $10M payday and gazillion fans show up? To me, that'll only stall the Canelo fight even longer. Just my thoughts. 

His management has been trash for a while, but I never argue people down about who he fights and when, because the motherf*cker fights so often that it's hard to be upset about it. Some of the biggest "names" in most of these divisions fight once a year nowadays, and they're usually fighting walkovers. 

• flazi likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users