Photo

HBO PPV@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT)-Golovkin vs Jacobs-SPOILERS (No Public Streams)

• Please log in to reply
215 replies to this topic

#211 mgrover

mgrover

Cruiserweight

• Moderators
  • 5,271 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 06:43 AM

nahh being undisputed matters, and then equalling hopkins record, saunders is chatting shit like he always does. people think he has the size or style to do what danny did is a joke. although id like to see a rematch
  • Cshel86 likes this

#212 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,876 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 08:48 AM

nahh being undisputed matters, and then equalling hopkins record, saunders is chatting shit like he always does. people think he has the size or style to do what danny did is a joke. although id like to see a rematch

I won't dispute the Undisputed talk, but it doesn't seem to matter to GGG right about now....looks like he's sitting out to see what happens on May 6th. Can't blame him, BJS (or whomever happens to beat him before he steps in with GGG) should be a cakewalk for Golovkin.

If I were Jacobs, I'd push for a BJS fight for the WBO title, and cross my fingers and hope that GGG/Canelo happens and GGG comes out victorious. That way, Jacobs will have a bargaining chip in negotiations talks, AND he will have a shot at being undisputed. 

Maybe?

• flazi likes this

#213 mgrover

mgrover

Cruiserweight

• Moderators
  • 5,271 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 05:10 PM

I won't dispute the Undisputed talk, but it doesn't seem to matter to GGG right about now....looks like he's sitting out to see what happens on May 6th. Can't blame him, BJS (or whomever happens to beat him before he steps in with GGG) should be a cakewalk for Golovkin.

If I were Jacobs, I'd push for a BJS fight for the WBO title, and cross my fingers and hope that GGG/Canelo happens and GGG comes out victorious. That way, Jacobs will have a bargaining chip in negotiations talks, AND he will have a shot at being undisputed. 

Maybe?

The thing is he should fight Saunders, Saunders is a joke, he does have a good set of skills, but he doesnt have the skillset to implement what Jacobs did and even Jacobs wasn't looking like a million dollars doing it. But Saunders isnt sharp, he hasn't been fighting consistently and arguebly lost to the last dude he fought. Not the 2nd best middleweight but some nobody.

I think Canelo will try to beat Chavez jr and get the last WBO belt so he can say hes a champ, but if GGG holds all the belts then all roads lead to him as Mayweather used to say.

• Cshel86 likes this

#214 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,876 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 03:09 PM

The thing is he should fight Saunders, Saunders is a joke, he does have a good set of skills, but he doesnt have the skillset to implement what Jacobs did and even Jacobs wasn't looking like a million dollars doing it. But Saunders isnt sharp, he hasn't been fighting consistently and arguebly lost to the last dude he fought. Not the 2nd best middleweight but some nobody.

I think Canelo will try to beat Chavez jr and get the last WBO belt so he can say hes a champ, but if GGG holds all the belts then all roads lead to him as Mayweather used to say.

So where does Jacobs stand in this?

I can see the BJS/Canelo fight happening, it should be his biggest payday yet against Canelo. I honestly don't think being the WBO champ will make or break Canelo in the GGG negotiations. 

As we've already witnessed, Canelo's still the A-side in the negotiations, it's just up to GGG to decide if they're willing to accept the fact that they're the B-side, regardless of being the unified champ. 

#215 MaxPayne

MaxPayne

Welterweight

• Moderators
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 08:56 PM

For both GGG and Danny Jacobs, their rematch will be there for the near future.

If anything, the fight raised the profile for Danny Jacobs to where he can secure a few good paydays before the inevitable rematch with GGG.

GGG can do the same for some other potential fights before coming back to Jacobs. 

#216 mgrover

mgrover

Cruiserweight

• Moderators
  • 5,271 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:37 AM

So where does Jacobs stand in this?

I can see the BJS/Canelo fight happening, it should be his biggest payday yet against Canelo. I honestly don't think being the WBO champ will make or break Canelo in the GGG negotiations. 

As we've already witnessed, Canelo's still the A-side in the negotiations, it's just up to GGG to decide if they're willing to accept the fact that they're the B-side, regardless of being the unified champ. 

Forgotten...

Were ever really, I mean we can fight some other contenders or he can sit on his hands doing fuck all. If he wants he can try to fight BJS but BJS don't want him, he wants that moneyy haha unless Al Haymon drops some serious cash

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users