Photo

Oscar aka Fishnets is at it again...(Canelo vs. Lemieux ?)

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 MaxPayne

MaxPayne

Welterweight

• Moderators
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 03:56 AM

In an interview with the LA Times, this is what Oscar had to say:

“Not that [Golovkin’s value] went down,” De La Hoya said. “I just feel that given today’s market, I really feel that GGG’s side has to be more than fair to make this fight.

“I actually believe [the percentages of making the fight] decrease. It all depends on the negotiations – and we’ll continue talks – but now obviously we clearly know who the ‘A’ side is and that’s obviously Canelo. So I’m going to instruct my president, Eric Gomez, to continue talks and, hopefully, it can get done, but I strongly feel Canelo is obviously the ‘A’ side and there’s no doubt about it.”

Man, fuck them people is what I say.

Who else is Canelo going to realistically fight after the bout with Chavez Jr. ?

I'm honestly asking...they're not talking about fighting Jacobs, Lemieux or any of the other MW contenders out there. So what exactly is the plan for Canelo at this point in his career ?  

• BrutUalBK likes this

#2 mitukczuk

mitukczuk

Lightweight

• Members
  • 788 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 07:13 AM

I just love how the term A/B Side got going after Floyd "came up" with it. Everyone is an A side nowadays. Bullshit.

• Franchize likes this

#3 sduck

sduck

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 07:15 AM

Canelo is the A-side though, so I don't understand what the problem is

#4 MaxPayne

MaxPayne

Welterweight

• Moderators
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 08:01 AM

The problem is simple. Admit that them motherfuckers are on that hoe ass bitch side of the game.

I have NO problems with Canelo taking the biggest possible fights.

But they should be fucking honest about shit and call a spade a spade. Say what it is REALLY is:

GGG does not justify the level of risk based on the revenue that can be generated as compared to other fights that are out there.

Say it hoe.

Just say it and I can wash my hands clean and walk away.

Carl Frampton kept it 100 when they asked him about fighting Rigo. He was like, "Look man, the money ain't good enough for me to take a risk like that"...AND he went up and had 2 barn buster fights against Santa Cruz. So I can respect that for him being honest.

Fuck Canelo. Fuck Golden Boy. Fuck Oscar. Fuck ALL them stupid ass motherfuckers who stay making a mockery of all this shit.

• flazi and sduck like this

#5 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,935 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:12 AM

Problem is, GGG's the B-side and there's not much we can do about that. We can say "fuck them" all day long, but as soon as the fight is made, everybody's going to tune in anyway. 

We've been through this time and time again, and it's always the same result. If this fight happens and it brings in less than stellar numbers (Ward/Kovalev) or doesn't "excite"(Mayweather/Pacquaio), then we're gonna see a bunch of threads and comments about the negotiations taking too long.

Didn't this happen with Chavez/Martinez? People clamored for the fight got just as upset as now. In the meantime, Julio (whom was the bigger draw anyway), kept racking up victories against any and everybody and Martinez did the same, but their numbers differed and that showed in their purse split once the fight happened. 

I'm not a huge fan of what's going on right now either, but it isn't the first time it's happened and probably won't be the last. As far as I'm concerned, Canelo can fight GGG's same competition and pull in better numbers or go out and make his own big fights and still outsell Gennady. What if Canelo stamps Jacobs as his September opponent? What will those numbers look like? Probably higher than whatever the current GGG/Jacobs numbers are. 

Point is, Canelo's side has the upper hand with drawing power and GGG's side will be drained dry and end up needing the Canelo fight when it's all said and done. That may sound bias, but that's just what it looks like. GGG needs Canelo, Canelo doesn't need GGG. 

#6 sduck

sduck

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 01:06 PM

The problem is simple. Admit that them motherfuckers are on that hoe ass bitch side of the game.

But they should be fucking honest about shit and call a spade a spade. Say what it is REALLY is:

GGG does not justify the level of risk based on the revenue that can be generated as compared to other fights that are out there.

Say it hoe.

Carl Frampton kept it 100 when they asked him about fighting Rigo. He was like, "Look man, the money ain't good enough for me to take a risk like that"...AND he went up and had 2 barn buster fights against Santa Cruz. So I can respect that for him being honest.

Fuck Canelo. Fuck Golden Boy. Fuck Oscar. Fuck ALL them stupid ass motherfuckers who stay making a mockery of all this shit.

lmao if you put it that way then I agree with you

#7 mgrover

mgrover

Cruiserweight

• Moderators
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 03:44 PM

Say it hoe.

theyd never say it though, its part of the A side B side bullshit

#8 flazi

flazi

Lightweight

• Members
  • 924 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:43 PM

oscar is a straight up bitch.  he is right though about the a and b side but i am with the other guys on here, just admit that its too much risk for little reward and kept GGG's name out your mouths and we straight.  

• Plah likes this

#9 MaxPayne

MaxPayne

Welterweight

• Moderators
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:19 PM

Problem is, GGG's the B-side and there's not much we can do about that. We can say "fuck them" all day long, but as soon as the fight is made, everybody's going to tune in anyway. 

We've been through this time and time again, and it's always the same result. If this fight happens and it brings in less than stellar numbers (Ward/Kovalev) or doesn't "excite"(Mayweather/Pacquaio), then we're gonna see a bunch of threads and comments about the negotiations taking too long.

Didn't this happen with Chavez/Martinez? People clamored for the fight got just as upset as now. In the meantime, Julio (whom was the bigger draw anyway), kept racking up victories against any and everybody and Martinez did the same, but their numbers differed and that showed in their purse split once the fight happened. 

I'm not a huge fan of what's going on right now either, but it isn't the first time it's happened and probably won't be the last. As far as I'm concerned, Canelo can fight GGG's same competition and pull in better numbers or go out and make his own big fights and still outsell Gennady. What if Canelo stamps Jacobs as his September opponent? What will those numbers look like? Probably higher than whatever the current GGG/Jacobs numbers are. 

Point is, Canelo's side has the upper hand with drawing power and GGG's side will be drained dry and end up needing the Canelo fight when it's all said and done. That may sound bias, but that's just what it looks like. GGG needs Canelo, Canelo doesn't need GGG. 

What you say is true. Golovkin does not drive the revenue the same way that Canelo does.

However, I simply want them to be honest about this whole ordeal.

It's like that one Patrice 'O Neal joke: "If you're gonna fuck me in the ass, at least turn the light on".

I don't want to hear shit like "Oh GGG is in the ring because I invited him to the ring" or that other gem, "He can come and check to see how big my balls are".

Bitch, fucking eat shit and die. 

They should be man enough to say that the economics just aren't there to justify what's involved in making the fight.

They should be man enough to say that the Mexican fighting heritage of taking on all comers and seeking out the biggest fights and challenges means diddly squat to them and that it's about that cash money.

They should be man enough to say that they want to maximize the revenue and minimize the risk instead of this constant tease and cock block routine they have going on.

It's all gotten a little old for me. Maybe I'm just an angry old man at heart and I can't take this shit anymore, but fuck it.

I will go ahead and assume that these fucking hoe ass motherfuckers will stay doing this bitch ass shit.

More interested in the following matchups:

GGG vs. Jacobs Redux

GGG vs. Billy Joe Saunders

GGG vs. Andy Lee

GGG vs. Sulecki

Down the road:

GGG vs. Charlo

GGG vs. Murata

#10 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,935 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:21 AM

What you say is true. Golovkin does not drive the revenue the same way that Canelo does.

However, I simply want them to be honest about this whole ordeal.

It's like that one Patrice 'O Neal joke: "If you're gonna fuck me in the ass, at least turn the light on".

I don't want to hear shit like "Oh GGG is in the ring because I invited him to the ring" or that other gem, "He can come and check to see how big my balls are".

Bitch, fucking eat shit and die. 

They should be man enough to say that the economics just aren't there to justify what's involved in making the fight.

They should be man enough to say that the Mexican fighting heritage of taking on all comers and seeking out the biggest fights and challenges means diddly squat to them and that it's about that cash money.

They should be man enough to say that they want to maximize the revenue and minimize the risk instead of this constant tease and cock block routine they have going on.

It's all gotten a little old for me. Maybe I'm just an angry old man at heart and I can't take this shit anymore, but fuck it.

I will go ahead and assume that these fucking hoe ass motherfuckers will stay doing this bitch ass shit.

More interested in the following matchups:

GGG vs. Jacobs Redux

GGG vs. Billy Joe Saunders

GGG vs. Andy Lee

GGG vs. Sulecki

Down the road:

GGG vs. Charlo

GGG vs. Murata

As true boxing fans that know how these type of things go, I figured we wouldn't get so wound up about it....but it seems to get some of us every time. 

The elephant in the room is the revenue and drawing power, which GGG still falls short on. The Lemiuex fight did around 150k buys, and it looks as though the Jacobs fight is pulling in somewhere around 130k to 150k...both on HBO, kinda sad. 

Canelo on the other hand, has had higher numbers. The Khan fight did around 500k, the Cotto fight did around 900k, and he stayed in the 300k area when he fought the likes of Angulo and Lara, both of which have never headlined a PPV and those numbers happened on Showtime, whom to this day still has far less subscribers than HBO. We know the numbers for the Floyd fight, so I won't go there. 

I know, I know, I know...why are we even bringing up PPV? Does it really matter? Yes, it does. If anything, GGG's side should've been using Canelo's name and promising a fight, so his numbers would come out looking like something. Instead, GGG refuses to talk about Canelo, and his numbers look like garbage. 

I know it's a frivolous matter in the eyes of many, but this fight is supposed to be THE next megafight in boxing, so everybody needs to play the game here....regardless of how painful it is. If GGG/Canelo happens it pulls in some staggering numbers, boxing wins. 

We as hardcore can't sit here and get just as frustrated as those outside of this realm (casual fans), when we should be helping to build the fight up. I don't wanna see another horrific Ward/Kovalev turnout, I swear I don't. 

As for the numbers game, GGG looks to be in the back seat, not even the passenger seat. It's almost safe to say that if the fight happens, it won't end inside the distance....let's just hope it excites.

When these big fights are on the horizon, both sides can and will fight about the pettiest crap....sometimes to no avail. Lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users