Photo

Oscar aka Fishnets is at it again...(Canelo vs. Lemieux ?)

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#11 BrutUalBK

BrutUalBK

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 10:12 AM

At this point we all know what it is with Fishnets and Canelo, and that is that should Fishnets allow this fight to happen and his one and only Cashcow loses then it is pretty much over for GBP because they really don't have a big name fighter who is marketable.

Fishnets went to court and lost out on a huge sum of money trying to walk Haymon down thinking that he would receive a huge wad of cash he could use to float some of the fights he had planned and he thought he pocket some of the fighters that Al controlled but none of that happened and he lost big time so now he has tied Canelo down with his lace and will not allow him to get bedded in the ring with anyone who will KO him.

Chavez Jr doesn't have the goods to KO Canelo so they're not even worried, especially since they have that weight draining clause in effect too.

I'm sure hoping that they make a mistake and put Canelo in with a nobody who upsets him via KO and then they will see that they should've taken the big money fight long before that happens and while they are technically the A side (on name alone/popularity).

#12 sduck

sduck

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,641 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 06:50 AM

Oscar wants Mayweather to rematch Canelo at 160. What a hypocritical retard. So you want Mayweather at a weight he's never fought at, but you won't move to 160 and fight GGG or any other real middleweight? 

I understand Canelo's your only cashcow and you want to protect him, but you make yourself look dumb with statements like that, like blatant cherry picking.

• flazi, Plah and BrutUalBK like this

#13 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,467 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 01:03 PM

What's gonna happen when Canelo beats GGG? 

• flazi and Dolimite like this

#14 flazi

flazi

Lightweight

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 09:04 PM

What's gonna happen when Canelo beats GGG? 

We give him his props.  Although i must admit i just don't see it happening.  Canelo is a good fighter but he has overrated power.  out of his opponents that were on the same level skill wise, who has he ko'ed?  no one.  this is not a knock on him cause i honestly see a little genius when he fights.  He sets up shots, feints and has above average defense.  i just don't think he can beat GGG.

#15 MaxPayne

MaxPayne

Junior Welterweight

• Moderators
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 09:12 PM

I concede that this is Boxing and that nothing is impossible. They call it the "Theater of Uncertainty" for a reason.

People will disagree with me after the Jacobs fight, but I still think that the most likely outcome from a Canelo - GGG fight is that GGG wins.

But that's why we want to watch it, right ? I think Canelo is a much better fighter than he's given credit for, but it's the transparency of their motives behind their business moves that I have a problem with and not the business moves themselves.

You can't talk out of both sides of your mouth on this "proud Mexican warrior" bullshit while you out here showin out like Nino Brown on the business side of the game. 

You got to take the Carter, not get it as inheritance homey. Sorry, "New Jack City" is a personal favorite of mine.

Regardless, Canelo can win. Canelo would be the best opponent GGG has fought. That's why it's a compelling match-up beyond the event spectacle that would be created.

Word from fat boy Rafael over at ESPN is that if Golovkin fights Saunders in Kazakhstan in June, he'll earn a cool 10 million dollars, which ain't anything to scoff at.

So at least GGG will be well-compensated for trying to become the unified, lineal champion at Middleweight.

Actually come to think about it, when was the last time we saw someone with each and every major strap in any weight class?

Man that would actually be something...

• flazi and Cshel86 like this

#16 flazi

flazi

Lightweight

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 02:59 PM

You can't talk out of both sides of your mouth on this "proud Mexican warrior" bullshit while you out here showin out like Nino Brown on the business side of the game. 

You got to take the Carter, not get it as inheritance homey. Sorry, "New Jack City" is a personal favorite of mine.

Lol you took me back years bro but you right.

• MaxPayne likes this

#17 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,467 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 03:10 PM

We give him his props.  Although i must admit i just don't see it happening.  Canelo is a good fighter but he has overrated power.  out of his opponents that were on the same level skill wise, who has he ko'ed?  no one.  this is not a knock on him cause i honestly see a little genius when he fights.  He sets up shots, feints and has above average defense.  i just don't think he can beat GGG.

C'mon Flazi, does that ever happen? Lol

Nobody even gave Jacobs a chance, and we saw how that turned out. It's kinda hard to answer your question as to whether or not he's knocked anybody out that's on his level, skill wise. Answering that question, would insinuate that he's at somewhat of an elite level, skill wise. 

It's funny that not many are willing to admit that the kid has skills (though you just did). It's either people want to "see him in a challenging fight" (to see him lose) or see him steamrolled against somebody. 

Now, didn't people say that Trout would box his ears off before they fought? So Austin Trout was, until he lost to Canelo, then he's suddenly "not as good as we thought" to many. Canelo lost to Floyd, cool, no shame in that. Folks just knew Cotto would beat him, based off what he did to Sergio. We saw how that went. 

Just a couple of weeks ago, GGG was supposed to slaughter Jacobs, whom's chin was highly questioned, and what happened? A nicely fought game plan made him look less than stellar, though he still won the fight. A welterweight made him look ordinary, so yeah...that's two fights in a row that he's looked not so great. 

Most don't believe that Canelo can beat him, cool....but I believe Canelo upsets the apple cart and executes an even better game plan. Canelo's not widely known for his power, but as you said, he sets up shots and has exceptional defense. It's not just about how much power a guy has, it has even more to do with how he delivers the shot(s) that you don't see coming, which usually changes the pace of a fight or stops it altogether. 

GGG's power was supposed to make Jacobs look like easy work, and his power ended up being less of a story as the fight wore on. So yeah, he had power, bu didn't set up those shots good enough to put Jacobs out of his misery. Same thing goes for Kovalev in the Ward fight. 

• flazi likes this

#18 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,467 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 03:12 PM

I concede that this is Boxing and that nothing is impossible. They call it the "Theater of Uncertainty" for a reason.

People will disagree with me after the Jacobs fight, but I still think that the most likely outcome from a Canelo - GGG fight is that GGG wins.

But that's why we want to watch it, right ? I think Canelo is a much better fighter than he's given credit for, but it's the transparency of their motives behind their business moves that I have a problem with and not the business moves themselves.

Regardless, Canelo can win. Canelo would be the best opponent GGG has fought. That's why it's a compelling match-up beyond the event spectacle that would be created.

Word from fat boy Rafael over at ESPN is that if Golovkin fights Saunders in Kazakhstan in June, he'll earn a cool 10 million dollars, which ain't anything to scoff at.

So at least GGG will be well-compensated for trying to become the unified, lineal champion at Middleweight.

Actually come to think about it, when was the last time we saw someone with each and every major strap in any weight class?

Man that would actually be something...

That's a good question and it makes one scratch his head and think back. I may be wrong here, but here it goes....

1. Cory Spinks at 147

2. Bernard Hopkins at 160

3. Jermain Taylor at 160

4. Zab Judah at 147

Those are the last 4 guys that I can think of who appeared to have all of the belts, but I may be off a bit. 

#19 flazi

flazi

Lightweight

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 02:35 PM

C'mon Flazi, does that ever happen? Lol

Nobody even gave Jacobs a chance, and we saw how that turned out. It's kinda hard to answer your question as to whether or not he's knocked anybody out that's on his level, skill wise. Answering that question, would insinuate that he's at somewhat of an elite level, skill wise. 

It's funny that not many are willing to admit that the kid has skills (though you just did). It's either people want to "see him in a challenging fight" (to see him lose) or see him steamrolled against somebody. 

Now, didn't people say that Trout would box his ears off before they fought? So Austin Trout was, until he lost to Canelo, then he's suddenly "not as good as we thought" to many. Canelo lost to Floyd, cool, no shame in that. Folks just knew Cotto would beat him, based off what he did to Sergio. We saw how that went. 

Just a couple of weeks ago, GGG was supposed to slaughter Jacobs, whom's chin was highly questioned, and what happened? A nicely fought game plan made him look less than stellar, though he still won the fight. A welterweight made him look ordinary, so yeah...that's two fights in a row that he's looked not so great. 

Most don't believe that Canelo can beat him, cool....but I believe Canelo upsets the apple cart and executes an even better game plan. Canelo's not widely known for his power, but as you said, he sets up shots and has exceptional defense. It's not just about how much power a guy has, it has even more to do with how he delivers the shot(s) that you don't see coming, which usually changes the pace of a fight or stops it altogether. 

GGG's power was supposed to make Jacobs look like easy work, and his power ended up being less of a story as the fight wore on. So yeah, he had power, bu didn't set up those shots good enough to put Jacobs out of his misery. Same thing goes for Kovalev in the Ward fight. 

To deny Canelo's skill, craft and genius would to deny being a true boxing fan.  The kid is good.  I honestly thought he would ko Cotto but Cotto fought a great fight.  The trout fight was close with many believing trout won as many thought the cuban guy won as well against canelo.  

I thought GGG would beat jacobs by late round ko.  He couldn't set up those power shots cause jacobs has true ko power himself so what happened was both respected the others power too much.

#20 BrutUalBK

BrutUalBK

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 10:11 PM

Canelo is being protected from anyone who has a real chance at beating him, Fishnets already knows what it is; who else does GBP have that will bring them that kind of money that Alvarez brings??

They should just move him up to 60 and face Tripleta G and let the chips fall where they may, even if he loses then it will be looked at as he moved up and lost to the so called "best" MW.

For the record I thought Jacobs won that fight on his bodywork but that is seldom counted, he did fail to capitalize on the times anyone with half a brain could see that GGG was hurt to the body and protecting his side(s) but used the best Pokerface you've ever see in boxing.

I wouldn't necessarily favor GGG over Canelo at the moment but if there's any indication of the doubt that they have over at GBP about their boy Canelo facing him then it's clear as day that they are afraid of the KO that may be there waiting for him.

Fishnets needs to leave the rematch with Mayweather talk (especially at 60) in the pipe with the rest of that sh*t he was smoking when he dressed up like a $2 hoe!

• flazi likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users