4 replies to this topic

#1 Jack 1000

Jack 1000

The Consultant

• Root Admin
  • 10,511 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 01:13 PM

Guys,

Don't forget the WBA Lightweight Title rematch between Linares and Crolla this afternoon!  First fight was great!  Here it is if you haven't seen!

Jack

Administrator

#2 KSUN247

KSUN247

Lightweight

• Members
  • 816 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 07:48 PM

This was a good fight. Not as exciting as the first, but still good. Linares wins by UD. Can't wait to see Mikey Garcia vs Linares.

#3 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,464 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 12:12 PM

This was a good fight. Not as exciting as the first, but still good. Linares wins by UD. Can't wait to see Mikey Garcia vs Linares.

Agreed. Linares moved a bit too much for my liking, but he didn't allow Crolla to sit down on any of his shots, so no argument from me. I swear that uppercut that dropped Crolla, seemed to mentally put him in the same place as one would be when their foot gets stuck on a hurdle and ends up knocking it down. He seemed to know that he was even further behind after the knockdown, but he kept pressing until the final bell. 

Linares probably won't make it against the likes of Garcia and Lomanchenko, mainly because of the wars he's been in and I believe those two will put him to the test and make him work a lot harder than Crolla should've made him work. 

• flazi and KSUN247 like this

#4 flazi

flazi

Lightweight

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 09:06 PM

I think garcia takes him by UD or tko.  Garcia is on a mission.  Lomanchenko by UD but a great fight that would be.

#5 MaxPayne

MaxPayne

Junior Welterweight

• Moderators
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 12:47 AM

This Lightweight Division ?

It's like walking into a nightclub full of dimes with good personalities who just want to be supportive girlfriends. 

Yes, I know...those broads don't exist in real life (until we develop androids on some Westworld shit), but this division has some great, great potential match-ups just waiting to be made maing...

Linares

Garcia

Barthelemy

Easter Jr.

Flanagan

Comey

Bey

Shafikov

Verdejo

Even Gamboa's dumb ass is making a comeback these days...these are ALL great fights with very few "sure bets" other than perhaps Mikey Garcia.

• flazi likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users