• This topic is locked This topic is locked
35 replies to this topic

#1 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,336 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 03:46 PM

You know when you had that really good one night stand and you would of asked baby girl for something more but you realize she is a ho, but a good one. You hope and pray you spot her, but it has been months, then out of the blue you see her at church, on mother's day, baby is with her three kids and when she sees you, you both smile! This is what this fight is like! Thank you boxing gods!!! So who do yawl have in part 2? I got Dre! So hyped!

• flazi and BrutUalBK like this

#2 KSUN247

KSUN247

Lightweight

• Members
  • 957 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 04:18 PM

I think Dre wins in a more convincing fashion and gets the victory by UD. I wouldn't be surprised if Dre even gets the KO. Kovalev didn't show any improvement after the knockdown and the body work Dre put in seriously slowed him down. If Dre puts that same body work in, I can see Dre getting a KO if he goes for some head shots late. I'm glad they got through the drama with the contract signing and now we got a fight.

If Kovalev can't KO Dre, it's a wrap. Dre took his power and adjusted. Will Kovalev adjust is the question? Sergei better bring more than an "A" game and JD Jackson better have some advice for him this time.

#3 sduck

sduck

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 04:57 PM

I predict this fight is going to be a repeat of the first one, except more one-sided in Ward's favor, and will be boring af because of it.

Kovalev also won't fight with as much urgency because he has nothing to protect anymore. Once someone takes that first L, they change as a fighter. Plus Ward was a guy no one saw a problem with him losing to, so he has nothing to prove either, regardless of what he says. What people do, and what people say are two different things.

• flazi likes this

#4 MaxPayne

MaxPayne

Welterweight

• Moderators
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 11:59 PM

That's a hell of an analogy hahahaha.

Yeah I'm with you guys on this one. While I had Kovalev winning 114-113, but I felt that Ward neutralized him and out-Boxed him for large spans of the fight.

I believe that Ward will neutralize him even further and so you'll see an ugly, Bernard Hopkins style fight where there will be tons of clinching and holding, with Ward getting the cards again and the sport taking a few steps back.

I'm only saying that because I sure as fuck won't be inviting anyone over to watch this fight. This is a fight for the hardcores and not for converting casuals. In fact, I would hope that casuals stay far, far away from this fight because it's on that instant vomit side of the game. 

• flazi, Plah and Dolimite like this

#5 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,957 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 08:08 AM

I like Ward's confidence even more in this one, from the announcement, to the fact that he knows what adjustments to make this time around. I still won't count Kovalev out. 

As Max said, I won't be around ANY casual fans this time around. I was out of town in a room of about 15 people and I couldn't enjoy it....glad I ordered and DVR'd it at home. 

Ward made some amazing adjustments in the first fight, but he didn't seem to actually pull the reigns and control the horse the whole time....Kovalev bucked quite a bit. We should also point out the fact that it was a cat and mouse game and a lot of rounds weren't all that definitive....because Ward able to get some work in, but Kovalev was able to take the play away with one or two shots. 

Me and the crew already scheduled to guys outings for the Braves game this summer....one in June and the other in July. The one in June happens to be the day before this rematch, so I'll have a pretty cool weekend! This will be my last summer as a single man, in regards to having my own space, so I'm gonna make the most of it. 

• flazi, MaxPayne and Dolimite like this

#6 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,957 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 08:09 AM

You know when you had that really good one night stand and you would of asked baby girl for something more but you realize she is a ho, but a good one. You hope and pray you spot her, but it has been months, then out of the blue you see her at church, on mother's day, baby is with her three kids and when she sees you, you both smile! This is what this fight is like! Thank you boxing gods!!! So who do yawl have in part 2? I got Dre! So hyped!

:lol:

I will NOT further entertain your madness!

#7 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,336 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 11:31 AM

I will NOT further entertain your madness!

This never happened to anyone else? Well shit
  • flazi likes this

#8 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,957 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 03:21 PM

This never happened to anyone else? Well shit

I'm only speaking for myself here.....no. Lol

Your chronicles with strippers and one night stands is a rather lengthy one, but hey....sounds like you've lived it up over the years. 

#9 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,336 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 03:33 PM

I'm only speaking for myself here.....no. Lol

Your chronicles with strippers and one night stands is a rather lengthy one, but hey....sounds like you've lived it up over the years. 

Karma is a bitch... I am having a girl  :resent: . She will not leave her room and I swear the first little dusty ninja comes to my house asking to take her out! Oh hell no! I was ho... I went down south and they gave the homie some southern hospitality! Maybe because I was from Cali, I don't know.... but thank you ladies!

• flazi, Cshel86 and MaxPayne like this

#10 BrutUalBK

BrutUalBK

Welterweight

• Banned
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 10:55 AM

Hahaha,  I got Dre too because I believe in the first fight there was a moment of nervousness for him concerning the so called "power" of Kovalev which is why he got knocked down.

In the rematch there won't be any nervousness from Ward because he knows what to expect and will be prepared to take the fight right to Kovalev who looked kinda gassed in the first fight from all the bodyshots he was taking.

Kovalev will come out trying to be prepared for the bodyshots this time around but Ward will know that JDJ has already been anticipating Andre coming at the body again and will have Sergey thinking tie up and defense down there.  Kovalev defense is sorely lacking concerning blocking bodyshots and defense to guard the body is something that most fighters cannot pick up in a few months.

Ward will beat him more clear than the first bout, he will chop away at the body in the late rounds but he will be headhunting with feints and jabs at the body while going upstairs for the first 6 rounds, he will wait until he takes Kov into the later rounds and then work the body by cutting off the head first and then taking him into deep waters with severe bodyshots and drowning him.

UD by Ward

Edited by BrutUalBK, 09 April 2017 - 11:15 AM.

• Cshel86 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users