• This topic is locked This topic is locked
35 replies to this topic

#11 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,740 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 12:47 PM

Karma is a bitch... I am having a girl  :resent: . She will not leave her room and I swear the first little dusty ninja comes to my house asking to take her out! Oh hell no! I was ho... I went down south and they gave the homie some southern hospitality! Maybe because I was from Cali, I don't know.... but thank you ladies!

Gotta be careful with these southern women, lol. Go ahead and get your shotgun and Aspirin ready when she starts dating, you'll need it. Lol

• Dolimite likes this

#12 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,740 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 12:50 PM

HBO won't be happy with Ward or the results of the fight. It may not be much action this time around, and we all know that the HBO telecast (aside from Roy) knows dick about boxing, so to them, it'll be a "dud". 

Ward sounds extremely confident this time around and Kovalev seems a little too eager to get in there, hopefully it doesn't work against him. I still won't count him out there, he actually boxes better than people give him credit for. 

• flazi likes this

#13 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,301 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 04:15 PM

HBO won't be happy with Ward or the results of the fight. It may not be much action this time around, and we all know that the HBO telecast (aside from Roy) knows dick about boxing, so to them, it'll be a "dud". 

Ward sounds extremely confident this time around and Kovalev seems a little too eager to get in there, hopefully it doesn't work against him. I still won't count him out there, he actually boxes better than people give him credit for. 

If HBO can "appreciate" Vasyl's boxing acumen then they better have the same admiration for Ward. I swear, if you aren't a knockout artist or a come forward fighter, HBO will shit on you. They didn't even acknowledge Jacobs success against their boxing god GGG. It is actually making hate HBO Boxing even more. Now HBO is butt hurt because Kov didn't look like a killer against Ward, as if Ward were all hype and a slouch. Go figure, I hope Ward has a superior performance just to make JIM and the fraud Kellerman STFU!  

• flazi likes this

#14 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,740 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 09:36 AM

If HBO can "appreciate" Vasyl's boxing acumen then they better have the same admiration for Ward. I swear, if you aren't a knockout artist or a come forward fighter, HBO will shit on you. They didn't even acknowledge Jacobs success against their boxing god GGG. It is actually making hate HBO Boxing even more. Now HBO is butt hurt because Kov didn't look like a killer against Ward, as if Ward were all hype and a slouch. Go figure, I hope Ward has a superior performance just to make JIM and the fraud Kellerman STFU!  

That's what I was thinking. I mean, Ward won the freakin' Super 6 for crying out loud. Yeah, aside from the Kovalev fight, he hasn't had any notable fights after the Dawson fight in 2012.

Lomanchenko has a pretty good resume, but the crap that I've been reading over the past couple of days, saying that he's the best boxer in the world, is absurd.

GRJ, Salido (whom he lost to), Martinez, Walters, and Sosa....I can't even say those guys will make you the best fighter in the world....but it's a damn good start.

I just don't get the whole P4P talk, I really don't. For starters, it's way too subjective and it's hardly broken down by weight classes (which it should). Some people (media, commentators, etc) get a little bit ahead of themselves and star saying stupid shit like, "He (insert fighter's name) is the best P4P fight in the world" and it ruffles feathers.

Again, if the whole P4P or ATG talks remained in a particular weight class, it would be more tolerable to discuss, but what can we do?  

• flazi likes this

#15 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,740 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 09:01 PM

Man! The more of these Ward interviews I watch, the more I get excited about the rematch!

Hunter revealed that Ward didn't run while training for the Kovalev fight, my guess is that it was because of his knee. Who knows though. 

#16 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,301 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 04:46 AM

They titled this fight "The Rematch" whoever is over the PR needs to be shot. They better promote the shit out of this fight.
Ward is confident and Kov seems tense and anxioud. The intimidation didn't work the first time for him so....JDJ better be able to make adjustments throughput the fight. If Ward fights him on the inside, it is over.

#17 Jovi

Jovi

Super Bantamweight

• Members
  • 459 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 09:06 PM

Damn, I'm surprised so many people are going for Ward in the rematch, I think he's getting KO'd. He didn't even win the first fight to me.

I see Pac-Bradley 1 all over again: Bradley got knocked down early, and survived the rest of the fight without ever really edging Pac in any of the rounds. Then goes on to relish in a close/gift victory like he dominated just to get beat in the next 2 fights of the trilogy.

I see the same thing in this Kovalev-Ward Trilogy, everyone (including myself) expected Ward to Outbox and Dominate Kovalev skills wise but instead tuned in to Ward being dropped early and staggered with every jab landed. The only shots he landed were when they were clinched up, not really clean definitive shots though, nothing that would give him the edge over Kovalev in any round, anytime Ward landed something Kovalev would land right back and even stronger. I went in the first going for Ward and came out that fight a real Kovalev fan, I was more impressed with Kovalev than Ward. Kovalev's range and timing were on point.

I believe they gave Ward the first fight (aside from him being "A" side because of his promotional team) so they can set up a trilogy. But honestly Ward been disappointing me, I don't see him as a top P4P at all currently, he's delusional in thinking he deserves to be number 1 with the last couple years of his career going the way they went. 

I think him losing would've made him more hungrier, more focused, made him work harder, and made him step it up more... I think he already hit his plateau a long time ago, he's past his APEX. So now he's gonna keep coasting along thinking what he's been doing is good enough, which is ironically why he'll never be good enough to become a real superstar in Boxing.

#18 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,740 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 11:28 AM

Still an epic breakdown from Paulie, one of the commentators that I respect the most....simply because he's attempting to teach guys while he speaks. 

I watch this interview from time to time, for education, and the laughs at the 9:30 mark! "Smmmmmack em! And smmmmack em! and smmmmack 'em!"

:lol:

#19 flazi

flazi

Lightweight

• Members
  • 923 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 02:12 PM

man i love paulie.  

#20 MaxPayne

MaxPayne

Junior Welterweight

• Moderators
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 08:41 PM

I don't think you can truly compare Andre Ward and Vasyl Lomachenko. 

Lomachenko is a dream fighter. He just happens to be extremely technically proficient, but he has a high octane style. Lots of fancy footwork and combination punching.

Ward is a technical genius, but can you look me in the eye and tell me that you would invite casuals to come and watch a Ward fight and expect them to enjoy it for 12 rounds ? 

That's the point. Yes, Ward wins and has names on his resume and can rightfully be called the best overall fighter on the planet...

...but tell me something...the Bad Boy Pistons won 2 Championships in the 80's but does anyone talk about them ? Hell no. It's all about the Showtime Lakers, the Celtics and later on the Bulls. Hell, even Hakeem and the Rockets get spoken about more than the Pistons.

The reason is because outside of Isaiah's miracle plays, the Pistons were downright horrible to watch. Take a champion who wins in style and they will always be "remembered" years down the line.

American virtue is often seen as making something difficult look easy. It's the same principle as winning in style. 

That's why people gravitate towards fighters like Tyson, Roy Jones Jr, Pacquiao, Lomachenko, etc. etc. 

So I don't think it's fair to compare Ward and Lomachenko. Ward is obviously a better overall fighter based on his track record and ability.

However, don't be surprised is Lomachenko is the one who gets the fanfare, the money and the recognition even years down the road. That's how these things work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users