• This topic is locked This topic is locked
35 replies to this topic

#31 MaxPayne

MaxPayne

Welterweight

• Moderators
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 02:35 AM

Well Ward and his camp are certainly embracing the whole "being the heel" aspect of the game.

I say fuck it. Go full on bad guy, because all this catching the Holy Ghost ain't done shit for your career maing.

The irony is that although having Kovalev frothing at the mouth like a rabid dog plays right into Ward's hands, it's also the only real shot that Krusher has of beating Ward.

Fuck all the Boxing shit, as I've said before. Kovalev basically has to go in there like a madman with his jockstrap on fire or some shit. Get in there and windmill punch like a madman on some Barrio Fight Night/Worldstarhiphop shit.

Kovalev will not and cannot win a decision. He has to go out there and literally try and end Ward's career in one night. Has to hope that Ward at age 32/33 has slowed down just enough to catch that fade that he used to be able to dance away from.

I feel as though Ward has to be the favorite because he would generally be a safe bet to find a way to crawl to a Decision victory, but yeah, this is finally getting exciting.

• BrutUalBK likes this

#32 MaxPayne

MaxPayne

Welterweight

• Moderators
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 05:01 AM

This I believe.  Kovalev will not be treated fairly because of Ward being the last Olympic gold medalist, HBO's media daring, Max Kellerman's gay-lover,  you name it.  Since 9-11, there has been a very strong backlash against non-American people and athletes,  Especially by all American judges, which Nevada is using once again.  Get neutral judges, and Kovalev has a better chance of scorecard fairness.

Much the same way that Golovkin is likely to be robbed against Canelo, because Canelo is the only star that Delahoya has left, and his Mexican fan base depends on him for revenue.  Canelo can't afford another loss.  HBO and Max Kellerman do not want their "Pom Pom" star losing, because that hurts the American establishment in boxing,  Rock Nation is shit without Andre Ward.  What's to say a little "Uncle Sam" green coming James' Prince's way won't help Ward in the scoring?

Jack

I understand your frustrations and do commiserate quite a bit.

The thing that I'm most thankful for in Boxing is that no matter how much "the fix is in" in terms of situations like Ward and Canelo getting favorable treatment from refs and judges due to obvious corruption, Boxing remains the "theater of uncertainty".

All it takes is 1 punch. 1 flurry. 1 big body shot. That's really all it takes to beat a man into submission. That's what makes things fascinating. 

"The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry".

Or at the very least, you can make their "golden boy" go through hell for 12 rounds and be able to say "Even though they gave him the decision, I beat the dog shit out of that motherfucker".

#33 BrutUalBK

BrutUalBK

Welterweight

• Banned
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 07:53 AM

Well Ward and his camp are certainly embracing the whole "being the heel" aspect of the game.

I say fuck it. Go full on bad guy, because all this catching the Holy Ghost ain't done shit for your career maing.

The irony is that although having Kovalev frothing at the mouth like a rabid dog plays right into Ward's hands, it's also the only real shot that Krusher has of beating Ward.

Fuck all the Boxing shit, as I've said before. Kovalev basically has to go in there like a madman with his jockstrap on fire or some shit. Get in there and windmill punch like a madman on some Barrio Fight Night/Worldstarhiphop shit.

Kovalev will not and cannot win a decision. He has to go out there and literally try and end Ward's career in one night. Has to hope that Ward at age 32/33 has slowed down just enough to catch that fade that he used to be able to dance away from.

I feel as though Ward has to be the favorite because he would generally be a safe bet to find a way to crawl to a Decision victory, but yeah, this is finally getting exciting.

I like what you said an all but honestly we all should just be who we are.  Sure Ward could make more money by "acting" or being a total d*ck and that would draw a lot of attention and more haters towards him thus placing him in the pantheon of such unloved Warriors like Mayweather but that's not who Andre Ward is.

It's obvious the man is not "playing God" and that he is a straight up and honest guy about any situation, so I say he should just do him and let his fist and skills do the talking.

Part 2 should play out better than Part 1 because both guys appear to be getting into a totally different conditioning and now there should be no excuses for Kov for getting tired after having his body beaten up for 12 rounds because his new strength and conditioning coach is making him get it in.

For Ward, the jitters of their first fight have long gone and there will be no knockdown of him this time around.  I think Ward may even go at him when the bell first rings regardless of all the crap Kov talked about how Ward's punches didn't hurt him and he hits like a girl and whatnot, there is a reason he was holding on in the inside and a reason why he lost his power after 6 rounds and that had everything to do with all those hurtful bodyshots he took from Ward.

I wouldn't be surprised to see AW beat him by boxing him (something he didn't do much of the first time around).

• flazi and Cshel86 like this

#34 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,957 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 12:29 PM

I like what you said an all but honestly we all should just be who we are.  Sure Ward could make more money by "acting" or being a total d*ck and that would draw a lot of attention and more haters towards him thus placing him in the pantheon of such unloved Warriors like Mayweather but that's not who Andre Ward is.

It's obvious the man is not "playing God" and that he is a straight up and honest guy about any situation, so I say he should just do him and let his fist and skills do the talking.

Part 2 should play out better than Part 1 because both guys appear to be getting into a totally different conditioning and now there should be no excuses for Kov for getting tired after having his body beaten up for 12 rounds because his new strength and conditioning coach is making him get it in.

For Ward, the jitters of their first fight have long gone and there will be no knockdown of him this time around.  I think Ward may even go at him when the bell first rings regardless of all the crap Kov talked about how Ward's punches didn't hurt him and he hits like a girl and whatnot, there is a reason he was holding on in the inside and a reason why he lost his power after 6 rounds and that had everything to do with all those hurtful bodyshots he took from Ward.

I wouldn't be surprised to see AW beat him by boxing him (something he didn't do much of the first time around).

Solid.

I agree with Max's earlier post about Kovalev simply going at Ward this time, instead of playing chess with him. I say that because I put absolutely NO trust in Strength and Conditioning coaches....mainly when they're being advertised as a new addition to a fighter's camp.

Anytime we've seen a S & C coach being advertised, the fighter always ended up looking like shit. Just think about it, those new additions to camp usually end up doing more harm than good. 

If Kovalev's tank was shit in the first fight, then we'll probably see a repeat in the rematch. His camp made an excuse about him bringing in a former "track coach" in his last camp, which was a crap excuse and I'm sure dude is nowhere to be found now. 

I honestly think Kovalev needs to stick to what he's always done, in addition to being a bit busier. As you mentioned, it was a reason why he was gassed in the middle of the fight, and we all saw it too. Lol

• flazi and BrutUalBK like this

#35 BrutUalBK

BrutUalBK

Welterweight

• Banned
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 05:13 PM

Solid.

I agree with Max's earlier post about Kovalev simply going at Ward this time, instead of playing chess with him. I say that because I put absolutely NO trust in Strength and Conditioning coaches....mainly when they're being advertised as a new addition to a fighter's camp.

Anytime we've seen a S & C coach being advertised, the fighter always ended up looking like shit. Just think about it, those new additions to camp usually end up doing more harm than good. 

If Kovalev's tank was shit in the first fight, then we'll probably see a repeat in the rematch. His camp made an excuse about him bringing in a former "track coach" in his last camp, which was a crap excuse and I'm sure dude is nowhere to be found now. 

I honestly think Kovalev needs to stick to what he's always done, in addition to being a bit busier. As you mentioned, it was a reason why he was gassed in the middle of the fight, and we all saw it too. Lol

I usually never doubt strength and conditioning coaches because the byproduct and results are easy to see once a fighter is in the ring working but I tend to doubt the type of coach a fighter brings in that wants to change up the fighter's boxing style and deviate so far from the fighter's strengths that they have a tendency to try to make the fighter into something they never was.

When Hatton got with Floyd SR I didn't see any improvement in Ricky's way of fighting and pretty much the same in Oscar when he was with SR.  So I think a Trainer who supposedly is there to teach skill or a different skillset to a fighter in the midst of that fighter having had a long career of doing what they've always been doing is where I lose faith in the Trainer but conditioning and strength is just that and you will see if that is there or not usually after 7 rounds.

#36 KSUN247

KSUN247

Lightweight

• Members
  • 957 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 06:48 PM

Can't wait for this weekend to watch this fight. Today's final press conference was crazy. Team Kovalev is all kinds of salty. Kathy Duva is a bitter lady. She's pissed about the Mayweather/McGregor (circus as she called it) fight. John David Jackson bringing up people on Team Ward lying about his recruitment. Kovalev pointed his finger at Ward and said something and walked out. He's pissed off. Hope that doesn't make him too sloppy as he tries to avenge his loss to Ward. He didn't even return to do the squaring off photos. Team Ward kept it classy, but Virgil said his peace. LOL! Should be a good one this Saturday. Ward by UD.

• flazi, Cshel86 and BrutUalBK like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users