Photo

HBO@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT)- Lomachenko vs. Sosa (SPOILERS)

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 The Original MrFactor

The Original MrFactor

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,906 posts
  • Interests:Boxing

Posted 10 April 2017 - 02:13 AM

I'm gonna say that Lomachenko reminds me of Pacquiao when he beat the shit out of David Diaz. The constant movement and activity level really make me question if he's clean. I have no proof, just an observation that garners suspicion. I highly suspected that Pac was using around the Diaz fight. I dont believe Pac or Lomachenko failed any tests, but neither did Lance Armstrong. It just aint natural to move like that and constantly punch over 12 rounds without getting tired or slowing down. And hell it doesnt even go 12, but he throws as many punches in 7 or 8 as anyone else going 12. Bring on Mikey Garcia...

• mrwigi likes this

#12 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,377 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 11:41 AM

The undercard fights were better,  In fact, damn good!

Main event was a mismatch.  I fast-forwarded through after the 5th round.

I want to see Loma rematch with Salido (on neutral soil) to avenge his loss.  That's like the fly in the ointment for this greatly talented fighter.

Jack

Neutral soil? I get it, the "low blows", but Salido had no control over the ref. This whole idea of a Lomanhenko/Salido rematch is just another attempt to give Lomanchenko a mulligan.

Either way it goes, low blows or not, Salido still outclassed him. HBO's riding on the whole "That was his first title shot and it was his second pro fight" nonsense. I just don't get it. 

• flazi likes this

#13 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,377 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 12:43 PM

the commentary was disgusting. Loma was brilliant but damn.

Disgusting isn't even the word. I'm just hoping that HBO boxing becomes obsolete as time passes. It's clear that boxing isn't even a big thing over there anymore. 

#14 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,377 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 01:01 PM

I knew it was something I forgot to add....Hopkins....fuckin Hopkins. They need to keep this dude as far away from a mic as possible. I mean, WTF is wrong with him? Enduring his commentary is nothing short of a misery marathon. 

Word:                                Hopkins:

1. Lomanchenko               *Luminchanko

2. Kell Brook                     * Kyle Brooks

3. Gonzalez                      *Gunz-aisle-is

4. Prove                            *Pruuv

5. Lose                             *Luuze

Man, I just couldn't take it. He committed so many crimes against the English language on Saturday night, and it was worse because he was considered the expert analyst, so people were gonna lean on his word versus Lampley and Kellerman. 

• MaxPayne likes this

#15 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,169 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 04:30 PM

I knew it was something I forgot to add....Hopkins....fuckin Hopkins. They need to keep this dude as far away from a mic as possible. I mean, WTF is wrong with him? Enduring his commentary is nothing short of a misery marathon. 

Word:                                Hopkins:

1. Lomanchenko               *Luminchanko

2. Kell Brook                     * Kyle Brooks

3. Gonzalez                      *Gunz-aisle-is

4. Prove                            *Pruuv

5. Lose                             *Luuze

Man, I just couldn't take it. He committed so many crimes against the English language on Saturday night, and it was worse because he was considered the expert analyst, so people were gonna lean on his word versus Lampley and Kellerman. 

Dude is punch drunk, hey at least they didn't have Evander up there, that was depressing. Evander reminded me of that boxer from Harlem Nights.... LMAO!

HBO has lost their non bias approach 

• flazi likes this

#16 sduck

sduck

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 04:01 AM

I'm gonna say that Lomachenko reminds me of Pacquiao when he beat the shit out of David Diaz. The constant movement and activity level really make me question if he's clean. I have no proof, just an observation that garners suspicion. I highly suspected that Pac was using around the Diaz fight. I dont believe Pac or Lomachenko failed any tests, but neither did Lance Armstrong. It just aint natural to move like that and constantly punch over 12 rounds without getting tired or slowing down. And hell it doesnt even go 12, but he throws as many punches in 7 or 8 as anyone else going 12. Bring on Mikey Garcia...

I think most athletes are on something, it becomes more and more obvious. There's studies done that in both NBA and NFL each, at least 70% of the athletes smoke marijuana for medicinal and recreational purposes. They say they work better than their pain medications, even though the leagues have banned it. But since so many of the athletes do it, it's a matter of getting caught vs just banning the majority of the league. Now that's just an example of how deep the rabbit hole goes when it comes to athletes and their prohibited substance abuse.

• The Original MrFactor likes this

#17 The Original MrFactor

The Original MrFactor

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,906 posts
  • Interests:Boxing

Posted 12 April 2017 - 12:59 AM

I think most athletes are on something, it becomes more and more obvious. There's studies done that in both NBA and NFL each, at least 70% of the athletes smoke marijuana for medicinal and recreational purposes. They say they work better than their pain medications, even though the leagues have banned it. But since so many of the athletes do it, it's a matter of getting caught vs just banning the majority of the league. Now that's just an example of how deep the rabbit hole goes when it comes to athletes and their prohibited substance abuse.

It becomes a real problem when dealing with contact sports. Recovery is the stresser. If you have an unlimited engine due to the ability to train and recover energy due to PED's, then there's a huge advantage over someone who doesnt use or have access to those types of advantages. I agree that most guys at the top of their respective sports are using. I cant prove, but suspect LeBron, Serena, Wladimir, Lomachenko, Pac, Mayweather, Hopkins, Kovalev, Ward all the top guys in MLB, the NFL. People even suspected Tiger Woods in golf for crying out loud. Where there's smoke, theres fire. I think there is some truth to these, "suspicions." Lance Armstrong beat the system for years. I believe there are still guys beating the system using the latest and greatest undetectable eastern European shit.

#18 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,169 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 04:46 AM

I like to see Lomo and GRJ again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users