• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

#1 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,733 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 02:27 PM

Can't believe this fight has gone under the radar around here, but a lot has been going on. Lol

This will be the highlight of my weekend next week....unless my future mother-in-law cooks again. This fight has fireworks written all over it!

We also have Charlo/Hatley on the same card. I remember dude interrupted Jarmal's interview with that ugly ass purple shirt he was rockin' last summer. Lol

• Dolimite likes this

#2 MaxPayne

MaxPayne

Junior Welterweight

• Moderators
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 07:54 PM

Should be a good scrap...man, hard to call, but I do like Shawn Porter being on that buzzsaw side of the game. Maybe a close decision victory to Showtime Sean ?

Maaaaaan, I done already had enough of the Charlo fuckboys...oh well, probably another easy KO win for them. 

#3 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,733 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 08:31 PM

Should be a good scrap...man, hard to call, but I do like Shawn Porter being on that buzzsaw side of the game. Maybe a close decision victory to Showtime Sean ?

Maaaaaan, I done already had enough of the Charlo fuckboys...oh well, probably another easy KO win for them. 

Man listen, I may be in the minority here...only because we shouldn't feel sorry for fighters. Listen....I may be the only one that feels sorry for Porter when he's on the bad side of decision. 

I mean, the dude works way too hard during his fights and he always tries to keep a positive attitude even in defeat. I just get tired watching him work so hard during fights, so seeing him come up short is always a sad moment. Lol

Hopefully he isn't a victim of his own aggression here. We all know Berto's jab is nothing to talk about, but if Porter gets too overzealous on his way in, Berto could place the uppercut oh so nicely and end things rather quickly. 

On the other end, Berto has Bambi legs when he's pressed against the ropes....the Guerrero fight showed us that. Porter has the ability to do it, so it could get ugly for Berto if he doesn't keep it in the middle of the ring. 

• flazi likes this

#4 MaxPayne

MaxPayne

Junior Welterweight

• Moderators
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 10:44 PM

Yeah I know that I'll be bagging on Andre Ward, but Shawn Porter ? Now there's a fighter for the masses.

Good kid with a great style and his Dad looks like a solid cat as well. 

In fact, his Dad is like the anti-Angel Garcia hahaha...calm, collected and classy. 

• flazi and Cshel86 like this

#5 mgrover

mgrover

Cruiserweight

• Moderators
  • 5,253 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 05:15 PM

winner fights Garcia? But am guessing Garcia will be having some tune up fight

#6 Franchize

Franchize

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,486 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 05:28 PM

This fight is going to be sloppy. Wouldn't be surprised if someone gets seriously cut/injured.

#7 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,733 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 01:53 PM

winner fights Garcia? But am guessing Garcia will be having some tune up fight

I thought the winner would get Keith next. Did I read that wrong?

#8 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,733 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 01:55 PM

This fight is going to be sloppy. Wouldn't be surprised if someone gets seriously cut/injured.

See.....I was trying not to think about the possibility of a cut, but let's be honest here...Porter always gets cut in fights, sometimes both eyes, and Berto fought through hell and high water, so I'm sure they'll let it go on....hopefully. 

If it's a sloppy fight, I favor Porter. If it's a not-so-sloppy but still sloppy affair, I'll go with Berto. 

#9 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,733 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 01:58 PM

The thing that bothers me about Berto is his anxiety levels after he drops and/or hurts a guy....he's all head, head, head, no body work. Remember how he got dropped against Ortiz right after dropped Ortiz in the first fight? It was 2-3 consecutive left hooks that setup and dropped Berto.

Remember what happened when he dropped Ortiz in the rematch? 2-3 consecutive left hooks landed (with not much conviction behind them), but he was actually able to finish this time. It's sad that he never made that adjustment after the first fight, but hey, what can we do?

I can see Porter fighting back and taking advantage, if Berto gets sloppy like that this weekend. 

#10 flazi

flazi

Lightweight

• Members
  • 923 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 04:21 PM

I got porter in this fight.  Berto doesn't have good defense when someone brings the fight to him.  Porter is head and shoulders better

• Cshel86 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users