Photo

Joshua vs. Klitschko (SPOILERS) (No Public Streams)

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#31 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 729 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 06:08 PM

He got hit with an upper cut when he was sloppy and careless... a fighter as experienced as Klit should not have gotten hit so easily with that punch... He was open for it... He was getting hit with it multiple times because he was being sloppy on the inside

#32 The Original MrFactor

The Original MrFactor

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,957 posts
  • Interests:Boxing

Posted 03 May 2017 - 11:09 PM

He got hit with an upper cut when he was sloppy and careless... a fighter as experienced as Klit should not have gotten hit so easily with that punch... He was open for it... He was getting hit with it multiple times because he was being sloppy on the inside

He's been open for it his entire career. No one ever tried, they were so intimidated by his size.

• MAHDI likes this

#33 BrutUalBK

BrutUalBK

Welterweight

• Banned
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 07:34 PM

All I can say is that after seeing how little skills Joshua actually possess, I can safely say that right now even he knows that Wilder (who isn't all that much more skilled than Joshua) will totally destroy him.

I believe that Joshua knows he's not on Wilder's level right now which is why he's calling out a fat and overblown out of boxing Fury instead of even bother to address Deontay who was and is constantly and blatantly calling him out for the big fight right now.

Joshua is DUCKING!!

• The Original MrFactor likes this

#34 Jack 1000

Jack 1000

The Consultant

• Root Admin
  • 10,563 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 08:33 PM

All I can say is that after seeing how little skills Joshua actually possess, I can safely say that right now even he knows that Wilder (who isn't all that much more skilled than Joshua) will totally destroy him.

I believe that Joshua knows he's not on Wilder's level right now which is why he's calling out a fat and overblown out of boxing Fury instead of even bother to address Deontay who was and is constantly and blatantly calling him out for the big fight right now.

Joshua is DUCKING!!

Brutal,

Other than his power, which is obviously in favor of Wilder, why do you feel that Joshua seemingly has no chance?  At least Joshua has shown the ability to recover from adversity by getting knocked down and back up again to win.  Wilder hasn't.  Joshua has the edge in experience and speed, and is a better all-around fighter. There is a fight, and I can't remember the opponent in Wilder's career, but it is a tomato can and he staggered Wilder all over the ring.  Wilder does not have defense, skill, or quality of opposition.

I am not saying that Joshua is all that much better, but he's done more with this Klitschko win than Wilder has ever done.  Wilder has feasted on tomato cans his whole career.  The main thing is, Wilder has a punch comparable to Shavers, Tyson, Frazier, Liston, Foreman, and that may be all it takes to KO Joshua.  I think however that if Joshua can avoid Wilder's power, he wins.  Wilder has a WBC mandatory with Stiverne in a rematch.  Than, we will be able to better gauge how well he will do against Joshua.  Gerald Washington proved nothing.  In fact, I had Washington winning all the rounds before he got put to sleep.

Jack

• BrutUalBK likes this

#35 BrutUalBK

BrutUalBK

Welterweight

• Banned
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 03:17 PM

Brutal,

Other than his power, which is obviously in favor of Wilder, why do you feel that Joshua seemingly has no chance?  At least Joshua has shown the ability to recover from adversity by getting knocked down and back up again to win.  Wilder hasn't.  Joshua has the edge in experience and speed, and is a better all-around fighter. There is a fight, and I can't remember the opponent in Wilder's career, but it is a tomato can and he staggered Wilder all over the ring.  Wilder does not have defense, skill, or quality of opposition.

I am not saying that Joshua is all that much better, but he's done more with this Klitschko win than Wilder has ever done.  Wilder has feasted on tomato cans his whole career.  The main thing is, Wilder has a punch comparable to Shavers, Tyson, Frazier, Liston, Foreman, and that may be all it takes to KO Joshua.  I think however that if Joshua can avoid Wilder's power, he wins.  Wilder has a WBC mandatory with Stiverne in a rematch.  Than, we will be able to better gauge how well he will do against Joshua.  Gerald Washington proved nothing.  In fact, I had Washington winning all the rounds before he got put to sleep.

Jack

Joshua is too one dimensional, he throws the same sloppy right hand and barely has a decent left hook, leaky defense (gets hit too much and too easily by someone who isn't afraid to stand up to him) and he's god awful slow.   

If you can't see those holes in his game let alone the fact that he never and I mean, absolutely never changes levels which makes him easy to time then there is something wrong with you in seeing how easily it will be for Wilder to expose those things.

Joshua is too simple and too straight up, he has no wrinkles in his game on offense or defense, he never sets traps, never doubles up on his jab, pushes his jab instead of snapping it out there, he doesn't use angles, cannot fight or place shots as a counterpuncher, doesn't cage when he's placed on the ropes when shots are coming at him and doesn't know how to correctly throw his left hook.

Defense, Wilder will not only tie you up, he uses his legs and moves when trouble comes at him and he throws counterpunches (see that shot he landed on Szpilka) and proved he has real power in both hands.  Joshua has the tendency to just languish while shots is coming at him and doesn't remember being hit with similar shots just minutes before (he gets hit with the same shots over and over again).

Klitschko used a Mayweather move on Joshua a couple of times, he'd knock down Joshua's left hand and throw his right over the top of it which is how he got the knock down, he used it a couple of times but didn't land all that much squarely the first few times but when he caught him he put him down.  Imagine if Wilder lands on Joshua or gets him in trouble, he won't make it out on his feet.

Do I really need to say more???  Dude needs a real Trainer, someone to show him those little things that will improve him and place him on another level, now I'm not saying Wilder is miles better but at least Wilder is starting to give angles, using his jab better, is miles faster, hits harder and he throws a much better/tighter and shorter left hook which lands with more authority than Joshua's and he's taken some great shots and never appeared to be hurt.

Add all of this up along with the fact that Wilder appears to get hit a lot less facing better competition (outside of Klitschko) then it becomes more obvious why I just know that Wilder takes this dude apart when they meet.

Edited by BrutUalBK, 07 May 2017 - 03:23 PM.

• KSUN247 likes this

#36 sduck

sduck

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 04:27 PM

Joshua is too one dimensional, he throws the same sloppy right hand and barely has a decent left hook, leaky defense (gets hit too much and too easily by someone who isn't afraid to stand up to him) and he's god awful slow.   

If you can't see those holes in his game let alone the fact that he never and I mean, absolutely never changes levels which makes him easy to time then there is something wrong with you in seeing how easily it will be for Wilder to expose those things.

Joshua is too simple and too straight up, he has no wrinkles in his game on offense or defense, he never sets traps, never doubles up on his jab, pushes his jab instead of snapping it out there, he doesn't use angles, cannot fight or place shots as a counterpuncher, doesn't cage when he's placed on the ropes when shots are coming at him and doesn't know how to correctly throw his left hook.

Defense, Wilder will not only tie you up, he uses his legs and moves when trouble comes at him and he throws counterpunches (see that shot he landed on Szpilka) and proved he has real power in both hands.  Joshua has the tendency to just languish while shots is coming at him and doesn't remember being hit with similar shots just minutes before (he gets hit with the same shots over and over again).

Klitschko used a Mayweather move on Joshua a couple of times, he'd knock down Joshua's left hand and throw his right over the top of it which is how he got the knock down, he used it a couple of times but didn't land all that much squarely the first few times but when he caught him he put him down.  Imagine if Wilder lands on Joshua or gets him in trouble, he won't make it out on his feet.

Do I really need to say more???  Dude needs a real Trainer, someone to show him those little things that will improve him and place him on another level, now I'm not saying Wilder is miles better but at least Wilder is starting to give angles, using his jab better, is miles faster, hits harder and he throws a much better/tighter and shorter left hook which lands with more authority than Joshua's and he's taken some great shots and never appeared to be hurt.

Add all of this up along with the fact that Wilder appears to get hit a lot less facing better competition (outside of Klitschko) then it becomes more obvious why I just know that Wilder takes this dude apart when they meet.

I agree that Joshua is way too vulnerable in comparison and that's what makes the difference in a fight with Wilder. But Wilder faster than Joshua? lol Joshua is one of the faster heavyweights right now, and that's not saying much.

#37 MaxPayne

MaxPayne

Welterweight

• Moderators
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 10:15 PM

I disagree that Wilder is some skilled Heavyweight fighter.

I also had Gerald Washington winning the first 4 rounds of their fight. 

Wilder was inactive and largely missing when he was actually throwing in those rounds and Washington was out-Boxing him to be honest.

Of course, all it takes is 1 punch, but this discussion is largely devolving into Wilder's best chance being to land 1 big punch and KO Joshua.

In Joshua's case, it will be trying to systematically wear Wilder down.

The Wlad victory by Joshua is still light years ahead of anything that Wilder has achieved. At this point, the best fighter that Wilder has faced is who ? Stiverne ? Eric Molina ? 

That alone makes you feel like Joshua is just a better overall fighter than Wilder and that he would be the odds on favorite to win. 

All of the faults that Joshua has are doubly worse for Wilder, when you think about the fact that in the last few years he really hasn't improved much at all. 

A guy who has improved steadily doesn't get out-Boxed by Gerald Washington. 

#38 sduck

sduck

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 09:49 AM

I disagree that Wilder is some skilled Heavyweight fighter.

I also had Gerald Washington winning the first 4 rounds of their fight. 

Wilder was inactive and largely missing when he was actually throwing in those rounds and Washington was out-Boxing him to be honest.

Of course, all it takes is 1 punch, but this discussion is largely devolving into Wilder's best chance being to land 1 big punch and KO Joshua.

In Joshua's case, it will be trying to systematically wear Wilder down.

The Wlad victory by Joshua is still light years ahead of anything that Wilder has achieved. At this point, the best fighter that Wilder has faced is who ? Stiverne ? Eric Molina ? 

That alone makes you feel like Joshua is just a better overall fighter than Wilder and that he would be the odds on favorite to win. 

All of the faults that Joshua has are doubly worse for Wilder, when you think about the fact that in the last few years he really hasn't improved much at all. 

A guy who has improved steadily doesn't get out-Boxed by Gerald Washington. 

Gerald Washington is a better boxer than Joshua, though he didn't show the heart to take on Wilder (I personally think he was paid off, because he was always an overly confident fighter, and that confidence was shot the moment he walked in the ring with Wilder).

All Wilder has shown is that he can't box for shit, other than being a tall lengthy guy with a stiff jab and a vicious right hand. Joshua has shown he can be nearly KO'd by one solid hit to the jaw on more than one occasion, shown sloppy form and IQ, stamina issues, etc. Wilder doesn't have amazing stamina either, but he's only shown one big flaw and that's lack of boxing ability. Joshua has shown more flaws, and that's why I pick Wilder to win that fight. 

#39 mgrover

mgrover

Cruiserweight

• Moderators
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 06:16 PM

None of it really matters till they fight and someone gets slept.

• Cshel86 likes this

#40 BrutUalBK

BrutUalBK

Welterweight

• Banned
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 10:00 PM

I agree that Joshua is way too vulnerable in comparison and that's what makes the difference in a fight with Wilder. But Wilder faster than Joshua? lol Joshua is one of the faster heavyweights right now, and that's not saying much.

Joshua has faster foot/legspeed than Wilder??  Really??  That dude is slow as f*ck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users