Photo

Joshua vs. Klitschko (SPOILERS) (No Public Streams)

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#51 flazi

flazi

Lightweight

• Members
  • 923 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 01:44 PM

Wilder's stamina is just fine.  he has flaws, yes but damn that right hand and put a gorilla out.

• Cshel86 likes this

#52 MaxPayne

MaxPayne

Junior Welterweight

• Moderators
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:21 PM

I'm not one to label fighters "duckers" so quickly.

Joshua just fought one of the best Heavyweights in the world in Wladimir.

Yes, Wladimir was coming off a loss to Tyson Fury, but it's not like he was damaged goods from that fight, because he took very little abuse. 

Went back to the drawing board, took time off to heal up, trained hard and in the Joshua fight, looked like a rejuvenated fighter who simply happened to come across a younger, stronger fighter who was also able to close the skills gap with him.

Once again, Wlad may be 41 years old, but Heavyweights last longer than other weight classes and most importantly, a 41 year old Wlad (especially the one who showed up against Joshua) is much, much, much better than anyone who Wilder has faced.

The Wilder fight will be made in time, when Matchroom and Haymon can come to an agreement.

Anyone who's been around this sport understands that Haymon can be notoriously difficult to deal with if you're "out of network" and the negotiations take time and effort.

#53 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,740 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 08:25 PM

Man they all duckin' and juicin'....says almost every casual fan out there. Lol

#54 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,740 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 08:33 PM

I honestly believe the Jury is still somewhat out on Wilder, as far as skills and stamina. Follow me....

You have to look at who Wilder has fought since becoming champ a couple of years ago, even before then. Before the Stiverne fight, he had only fought Scott, which probably doesn't require a fighter to "step it up", so to speak. 

The Stiverne fight was his first shot at a title, so he had to show up....and comes to find out, Stiverne had nothing to offer that night, so why step on the gas? For every fight afterwards, he was never required to really step on the gas. 

The guys he fought afterwards didn't have much to offer, so you'd think that he would try new things in those fights. Yes and no, but what's the point of looking impressive against guys who aren't atop of the division or close?

I believe if Wilder and Joshua step in against each other, we'll see the best of both guys. Speaking of their flaws, whose gonna actually show them in a fight of that magnitude? 

• MaxPayne likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users