Photo

PPV@6PM(PT)/9PM(ET)-Canelo vs Chavez-SPOILERS (No Public Streams)

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#81 KSUN247

KSUN247

Lightweight

• Members
  • 973 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 10:15 AM

WTF was Chavez doing when he had Canelo right in front of him and would not punch? This was awful...looked like he was sparring.

Nah!!! It looked worse than sparring. Chavez Jr had no business being in that ring, if he didn't want to fight. That was a money grab. I think the weight cut seriously affected his mental state in addition to his body. After all the talk leading up to the fight, I expected more. Only disappointed that I wasted my money. Should have streamed it or went to a bar.

I know Chavez Sr was beyond PISSED! If Jr didn't ruin his name before this fight, it certainly is now. Just a DAMN shame all around.
  • Cshel86 likes this

#82 BrutUalBK

BrutUalBK

Welterweight

• Banned
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 03:27 PM

Poor Chavez was not allowed to rehydrate up to his normal fight night weight and we all saw how lethargic it made him, anyone who didn't see this is truly blind.

Chavez may as well been facing Pacquiao that night because he fought in the same fashion as Oscar did vs Manny.

I was truly disappointed, thankfully the previous fights were far better.

#83 BrutUalBK

BrutUalBK

Welterweight

• Banned
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 03:28 PM

One thing I forgot to add;  GGG is getting his ass whupped when he faces Canelo.  Say whatever you want, GGG will be facing someone who has better skills than him and won't be afraid of him.

I wouldn't be surprised if he stops Golovkin.

#84 BrutUalBK

BrutUalBK

Welterweight

• Banned
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 03:29 PM

Did any of us realize that if Canelo hadn't lost to Floyd that he'd be tied with Mayweather and Rocky Marciano's record??

#85 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 19,082 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 04:23 PM

Looks like BJS is making a fuss about GGG's end not signing the contract for the proposed June bout. Me thinks that Team Golovkin is waiting to see how May 6th plays out....or maybe somebody's working on an "after the fight, we shake hands" deal, in the event that Canelo is victorious in a few weeks. 

Welp......

#86 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 19,082 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 04:26 PM

Poor Chavez was not allowed to rehydrate up to his normal fight night weight and we all saw how lethargic it made him, anyone who didn't see this is truly blind.

Chavez may as well been facing Pacquiao that night because he fought in the same fashion as Oscar did vs Manny.

I was truly disappointed, thankfully the previous fights were far better.

Something did seem off about his physique....he's never ripped on fight night, ever. He just couldn't do damn thing, but I don't feel sorry for him because he skated off with $3M+ and I got totally shafted out of $70. It's the name of the game, but sheesh. 

• BrutUalBK likes this

#87 Jack 1000

Jack 1000

The Consultant

• Root Admin
  • 10,579 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 05:43 PM

Many saw a fixed fight, minus a dive,

Chavez did nothing.  Canelo didn't want to put him away and went through the motions..  Can't engage in a slug-feast and risk a cut postponement of Golovkin-Canelo.  A sham by Golden Boy and one of the worst PPV cards ever!  Even the end with Golovkin coming down was so scripted.  An embarrassing card to all of boxing, and the sorry Mexican populations who paid for this fucking shit!  Chavez is shit.  He's lived off his father's name and the blessings of the WBC for years because of this.

One of the worst nights ever!

Jack

• BrutUalBK likes this

#88 Jack 1000

Jack 1000

The Consultant

• Root Admin
  • 10,579 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 05:49 PM

One thing I forgot to add;  GGG is getting his ass whupped when he faces Canelo.  Say whatever you want, GGG will be facing someone who has better skills than him and won't be afraid of him.

I wouldn't be surprised if he stops Golovkin.

I disagree,

Canelo is a front-runner who has no plan B.   Even a shot James Kirkland hurt him! Shutting out a could care less Chavez and fighting Golovkin are two different things.  Golovkin will borrow a page from the Mayweather book or at least try to do that.  It will be a good fight.  Golovkin has trouble with movers, but Canelo is no Jacobs or Monroe  Golovkin will appear to win,  (around 8-4) but they will score it a draw, because Golden Boy's "only cash cow."  can't afford another loss.

Jack

#89 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 19,082 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 10:22 PM

Many saw a fixed fight, minus a dive,

Chavez did nothing.  Canelo didn't want to put him away and went through the motions..  Can't engage in a slug-feast and risk a cut postponement of Golovkin-Canelo.  A sham by Golden Boy and one of the worst PPV cards ever!  Even the end with Golovkin coming down was so scripted.  An embarrassing card to all of boxing, and the sorry Mexican populations who paid for this fucking shit!  Chavez is shit.  He's lived off his father's name and the blessings of the WBC for years because of this.

One of the worst nights ever!

Jack

I believe that if people didn't pay for the fight, then they really shouldn't be complaining about how horrible the card was. I crapped out and lost $70, that's a really a reason to complain. In addition to that $70, we had a gathering here and I'm sure we spent close to $200 on food and drinks and so on. 

I agree in a sense because the card never really climaxed, so it wasn't that big of a hit, but it wasn't the absolute worst that we've been. And yes, Chavez is shit....and I've been a victim of believing that this fool will get his act together long enough to make a difference in this sport. 

• BrutUalBK likes this

#90 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 19,082 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 10:38 PM

I disagree,

Canelo is a front-runner who has no plan B.   Even a shot James Kirkland hurt him! Shutting out a could care less Chavez and fighting Golovkin are two different things.  Golovkin will borrow a page from the Mayweather book or at least try to do that.  It will be a good fight.  Golovkin has trouble with movers, but Canelo is no Jacobs or Monroe  Golovkin will appear to win,  (around 8-4) but they will score it a draw, because Golden Boy's "only cash cow."  can't afford another loss.

Jack

Have to disagree with you on this one. 

In no way is Canelo a front-runner, and he's proven this over the past 4 years. He doesn't gas out and let the other guy get off until he gets his second wind. He ceases the initiative throughout the fight and makes it known whose in control.

Even in the Lara fight, he proved that he belonged. He may have missed a lot of big shots and seemed slower, but Lara wasn't able to fully control the fight and retreated during the last half, not because of himself, but because of what was in front of him. 

When did Kirkland hurt Canelo? I beg to differ on that point, but I do want to hear your side in detail. As we all know, the last thing that leaves a fighter is his power, and Kirkland has the ability to hurt anybody, shot or not. 

Let's just hope that GGG can take a page out of Mayweather's book. I highly doubt it though, since he wasn't able to get rid of Jacobs a couple of months ago when he had the edge in power. 

Canelo has more game than people are willing to give him credit for. He may not be the biggest mover, but he's versatile enough to keep his opponents honest. 

The better question to ask is, who gives boxing a better look if they win? Both guy are foreigners and both have pretty big followings, but it's safe to say that Canelo has the bigger following. It all depends on who the judges like more on that night. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users