• This topic is locked This topic is locked
145 replies to this topic

#1 MaxPayne

MaxPayne

Welterweight

• Moderators
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:56 PM

Welp, McGregor has allegedly signed his end of the deal and has also applied for a Nevada Boxing License.

I wonder if Floyd would take slightly less than his 100 million number based on just how easy this money would be.

So now, the ball appears to be well and truly in the Mayweather camp.

We'll hear it first on Fighthype if something goes down, but I have a feeling that...something is in fact going to go down in September.

Thoughts ?

• BrutUalBK likes this

#2 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,935 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:23 AM

Welp, McGregor has allegedly signed his end of the deal and has also applied for a Nevada Boxing License.

I wonder if Floyd would take slightly less than his 100 million number based on just how easy this money would be.

We'll hear it first on Fighthype if something goes down, but I have a feeling that...something is in fact going to go down in September.

Thoughts ?

I just don't know man. It's been reported by many media outlets, credible ones included. I'm trying not to count on both hands and feet, the many times I've heard that I've heard a camp say that they've "signed the contract", and they're just "waiting for the other side to sign". 

To me (and we've seen what it does), it makes the other side (especially guys like Floyd) feel like they're being rushed and pushed into something. We all know Floyd always wants to be in the driver's seat, so who know knows. 

My thing is, if a contract was signed, what does it entail? It must mean that some type of serious negotiations have taken place as of late or in the past. 

I'm not sure how I feel about this fight, but it's entertainment at the end of the day. I think I'm just cringing at the idea of another PPV....we have the Ward/Kovalev rematch next month, then Canelo/Golovkin in September. I'm sure Manny will fight again by the end of the year and I want to put my money on the idea of the winner of Brook/Spence fighting Keith Thurman by the end of the year, but I may be getting way ahead of myself on that one. 

#3 flazi

flazi

Lightweight

• Members
  • 924 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:50 PM

he might have just signed with ufc to agree to let him fight and the money that they will pay him.  I think mayweather group would be the one to actually send a contract to them to sign.

• Franchize likes this

#4 Franchize

Franchize

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 07:16 AM

he might have just signed with ufc to agree to let him fight and the money that they will pay him.  I think mayweather group would be the one to actually send a contract to them to sign.

This and a half. Thats basically all he did. How you sign your half when the other party hasn't agreed to any terms? It's like you and your realtor going to look at a house and saying we signed our half when you leave. Half of what? Did you and the seller agree on a price? Otherwise it's just an offer lol

We saw this same shit in previous Floyd fights, especially with Manny. I don't get it. Everyone has to know by now that Floyd is going to call his own shots. You may not like him, how he boxes, how his career has gone etc. But one thing is a given. He's gotten to the point where he is the A side in all of his fights. So now you have to decide either youre going to accept the fact that he's going to give you a small % of the revenue (which is still likely going to be your biggest pay day) or not. The days of trying to negotiate through public shaming with him are long gone lol. 

• flazi and BrutUalBK like this

#5 xxxxxx

xxxxxx

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 11:05 AM

This and a half. Thats basically all he did. How you sign your half when the other party hasn't agreed to any terms? It's like you and your realtor going to look at a house and saying we signed our half when you leave. Half of what? Did you and the seller agree on a price? Otherwise it's just an offer lol

We saw this same shit in previous Floyd fights, especially with Manny. I don't get it. Everyone has to know by now that Floyd is going to call his own shots. You may not like him, how he boxes, how his career has gone etc. But one thing is a given. He's gotten to the point where he is the A side in all of his fights. So now you have to decide either youre going to accept the fact that he's going to give you a small % of the revenue (which is still likely going to be your biggest pay day) or not. The days of trying to negotiate through public shaming with him are long gone lol. 

Good example here and yes Floyd will dictate how this plays out in the negotiation and the match itself. Just think about it for moment, If someone offers you 75 million for a match when your highest payout was around 3 million, what do you do? Also the UFC side will make a ton a money on this deal so its tough to turn away. Al & Dana have been going back and forth and from Dana's last interview it seems he is realizing that when you negotiate with Team Mayweather its a whole new ballgame. 

• flazi likes this

#6 BrutUalBK

BrutUalBK

Welterweight

• Banned
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 12:55 AM

Well said and you beat me to it.  The bottom line is that Floyd is the Shot Caller, not the one who "wants to be in the driver's seat" as stated before.  McGregor has no choice but to sign because he knows he will never see a payday this big in the rest of his entire career.

Floyd will draw out the final terms and there may be a stipulation part of the contract that will need to be signed before the fight actually takes place, I'm sure that end will more than likely be all the PPV revenues and whatnot because the fight values have already been agreed to, now it's just a matter of $$$ and cents on the back end of the PPV and other markets like theater revenues.

#7 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,935 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 01:34 PM

Something's in the air because every fighter's being interviewed like crazy about this one. I mean shit, if people were on their heads about that dumb Soulja Boy/Chris Brown nonsense, then why is this so bad?

Boxing fans are the worst. We talk bad about the sport on social media to casual fans, then we don't even support the fights that we clamor over (GGG/Jacobs, Ward/Kovalev 1, etc). 

• flazi, Franchize and Dolimite like this

#8 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,328 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 06:56 AM

So Connor's net worth is 2.5 million?! Wow. More than I got but shit. The most he will get from this fight is 20 million with UFC taking half of that. Connor better not say shit. Floyd sparred some kid for 6 rounds.
Oscar is about to shit in his fish nets.

#9 BrutUalBK

BrutUalBK

Welterweight

• Banned
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 07:32 AM

Thoughts ?

Thoughts are that Floyd will end up with at least twice as much as Conor and that right now some things on the back end are being worked out like who are the sponsors and how much of the PPV revenue Mayweather will receive before he signs which I believe is the reason he has yet to sign.

Many Casuals will look at this and say "Floyd is scared, that's why he hasn't signed" but that's only because they hate Mayweather and they don't understand how boxing negotiations work in a fight of this magnitude. 

#10 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,328 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 02:51 PM

So the MGM is on reserve for August 26th or 28th, by TMT. I HOPE that this doesn't count towards his 50th win. The shit talk will be epic!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users