Photo

What's Tim Bradley's Situation? UPDATE: Bradley Officially Retires from the Sport

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,935 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 12:19 PM

Tim's been out of the ring since last April, so we'll probably see him in a tune-up fight by the end of the year, if we're lucky. I honestly believe he's really looking to hang em up, just judging by his demeanor nowadays. 

I'm sure Manny's gonna whack this Jeff Horn guy in a couple of weeks, but what if dude pulls off the upset? Call me crazy, I know, but what if? I can see a Vargas rematch playing out, though Tim beat him soundly the first time around. If Bob matches his top guys against losers of the previous fight, then I don't see why we wouldn't get a Vargas rematch. 

Chris Algieri's still out there....could be a great fight for both Tim and Jessie. 

*shrugs*

#12 MaxPayne

MaxPayne

Welterweight

• Moderators
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 10:09 PM

Those are all great potential fights.

What worries me is that Arum being the greedy fuck that he is, may be coming with that bullshit when money is concerned. 

May not  be enough to make Tim get off the couch.

Sad, isn't it ?

#13 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,935 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 03:07 PM

Bradley/Horn will be an absolute horrible style matchup for us all, but Tim will win if w'e're talking headbutts. Lol

There's literally no "non-Arum" options out there for Tim, unless he squabbles with Vargas again. I don't see the point in a Vargas rematch, because Tim won the fight, hands down. That last 30 seconds of controversy is gonna give Arum reason enough to move through with it. 

Hope he's at least been smoking a few spliffs to keep his brain in check from that Provodnikov fight....that shit still bothers me when I watch it.

• flazi likes this

#14 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,935 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 06:47 PM

I won't lie, this one stung a bit. I'll admit, I couldn't stand Bradley from 2009 - 2012, and I couldn't stomach his style to save my life. However, DaProfessor put me on game and said nothing but great things about Bradley. I became a fan of his while watching his media workout before the first Pacquiao fight, for whatever reason.

Since he left Shaw, which was an unpopular move for most fans out there, we've all seen his career go to that "next level" that we don't see most fighters get to. He truly earned my greatest respects during the Provodnikov fight. I mean, he had no damn business going balls to wall like that early on, but shit, he clawed his way through the fight!

We've seen Tim in wars and it started to show a bit in his performances, but nobody can deny this man's heart, work ethic, and determination when things got rough in there. I'm not sure why I'm being so damn emotional, maybe its' this fuckin NFL Fall of Fame weekend that's got me in speech mode, but whatever. Tim's a great man and an even better fighter in his own right.

Thanks for the action-packed fights, champ!

• Dolimite likes this

#15 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,328 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 07:34 PM

He won respect when he fought the Moose Hunter

#16 sduck

sduck

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,715 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 01:45 AM

Tim Bradley, Juan Manuel Marquez, and Wlad Klitschko retired. Man...that feeling when you have to move on, all great fighters who I thank for being apart of my generation.

• Franchize and KSUN247 like this

#17 The Original MrFactor

The Original MrFactor

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,957 posts
  • Interests:Boxing

Posted 10 August 2017 - 11:40 PM

Happy for him and his family. He had a great career. 1st Ballot HOF'er. Loved this guy. Took a licking and always kept on ticking. Sometimes to badass for his own good. One of my alltime favorites. Peace out Tim. You gave us some great fights.

#18 Franchize

Franchize

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 06:43 AM

Yea I'm not so sure about HOFer. I thought his career was cut short by himself trying to please fans. That Pacquiao fight ruined him. Not the loss. The win. Sucks because at the end of the day, he wasn't the one who made the decision. He just went out and fought. Half way into the 2nd fight, I felt like he was beating Manny and then ignorance ensued. He decided to bring out this machismo and try to please the crowd. I thought he completely disrespected Joel Diaz throughout his career and he's said a number of things that truly annoyed me. That said, I respect Tim for 2 things that should not be taken for granted. A.) He was one of the toughest mother fuckers in the sport. He was willing to fight anyone. Not just SAY he'd fight them, but really be willing to go into the lion's den with anyone. B.) He ALWAYS came to fights in shape. There would be times he'd look fat between fights but come fight night, homeboy was ripped. With today's fighters, that's not always a guarantee. With Tim, you knew you were getting a guy who was going to come in for 12 rounds and give everything he physically could. 

The unfortunate part is, being under Top Rank, you're so pigeon holed with options. You can see their matchups coming a mile away. Quite frankly, no permutation of their fighters from 40-47 interested me much. I didn't really care to see a rematch between him and Marquez (which was one of his most impressive wins IMO). As mentioned before, he dominated Vargas. I don't think Vargas should benefit from what amounts to a half court heave in the closing seconds of the 4th qtr that ALMOST went in. That's some true JCC Jr vs Sergio Martinez shit. 

The even more unfortunate part is, this probably means more commentary from him on BSPN...and let's be honest here. He's awful. Well at least to me he is. He's like excruciatingly bad. 

All in all, solid career Tim. Hope all your faculties are still in place and your coins are somewhere safe in a bank or wise investments. 

p.s. I'll miss his pops. That dude was a funny character. Looks like he don't take no shit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users