• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,657 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:35 AM

We haven't seen him in the ring in a year, but he's being doing hella interviews for the past few months. It seemed like he was hinting at retirement, but you never know with Tim. 

I mean, who can he even fight at this point?

• BrutUalBK likes this

#2 flazi

flazi

Lightweight

• Members
  • 915 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:48 PM

i was wondering the same thing also.  he fights at 147 now or still at 140?

#3 Franchize

Franchize

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 07:17 AM

His situation: he's basic with a lot of heart. End of story lol

• flazi, Cshel86 and Plah like this

#4 MaxPayne

MaxPayne

Junior Welterweight

• Moderators
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 05:05 AM

I think a major issue is that he may be pricing himself out of certain fights.

A lot of fighters lose sight of the fact that their market value is "fluid". 

A lot of pieces need to fall into place for you to continuously just keep making more and more money.

Bradley probably thinks that he should be paid the same amount of money that he earned for fighting Pacquiao, but even Pacquiao isn't being paid what he was paid to fight Bradley back in the day.

So fighters like Bradley have a choice: you either keep fighting and simply take what your promoter offers you as payment, or you hang up your boots and call it a day.

Even if you're winning, it really doesn't mean shit unless there are people willing to watch you win. It's as simple as that.

Look at a fighter like Rigo. That muhfugga stays winning and would be favored to beat anyone around his weight class...but he has no audience and paying him millions as a promoter is a one way street to the poor house.

Bradley is a likable guy, has been in 3 exciting fights with Manny and has that Shawn Porter buzzsaw style (with slightly better Boxing ability but much less power) so you figure that they should be able to get him something or the other...

• flazi likes this

#5 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,657 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 06:54 PM

I think a major issue is that he may be pricing himself out of certain fights.

A lot of fighters lose sight of the fact that their market value is "fluid". 

A lot of pieces need to fall into place for you to continuously just keep making more and more money.

Bradley probably thinks that he should be paid the same amount of money that he earned for fighting Pacquiao, but even Pacquiao isn't being paid what he was paid to fight Bradley back in the day.

So fighters like Bradley have a choice: you either keep fighting and simply take what your promoter offers you as payment, or you hang up your boots and call it a day.

Even if you're winning, it really doesn't mean shit unless there are people willing to watch you win. It's as simple as that.

Look at a fighter like Rigo. That muhfugga stays winning and would be favored to beat anyone around his weight class...but he has no audience and paying him millions as a promoter is a one way street to the poor house.

Bradley is a likable guy, has been in 3 exciting fights with Manny and has that Shawn Porter buzzsaw style (with slightly better Boxing ability but much less power) so you figure that they should be able to get him something or the other...

Agreed. I believe Bradley should be the A-side of most of these fights that could be made, but to say that he deserves $6M+ off top, is a bit ridiculous. 

So, if his paydays ranged from $5M (1st fight), $6M (rematch), and $4M (rubber match) against, then he should probably be happy with making 2.5 to 3 million against the young lions out here, unless it's somebody like Brook who can probably pull in a little more money. None of these new age guys are gonna make Bradley upwards of $5 or $6M, unless he moves up, bur hell, Canelo's no longer at 154, so there's his only option to get a big payday. 

So yeah, he's probably pricing himself out of certain fights, but dude also sounds hella comfortable, as if he'll be fine if he retires tomorrow. 

#6 BrutUalBK

BrutUalBK

Welterweight

• Banned
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 01:02 AM

Don't know but I wouldn't mind seeing him vs Porter or Peterson.

#7 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,657 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 09:36 AM

Don't know but I wouldn't mind seeing him vs Porter or Peterson.

Man yes! Peterson rematch, I can live with that....only because things won't get too nasty in there. A Porter fight, hell no! I hate Porter's style of fighting....that shit always leads to cuts and other injuries that shouldn't even occur. It's sad that we're at a point where Porter's more of a headbutter than Bradley. Oh how times have changed. 

:lol:

I still wouldn't mind seeing Tim get in there with Amir Khan, but Khan seems to wanna just whore his career out at this stage. It's okay to look for big paydays, but at least get in a meaningful tune-up fight before you start calling out all the big names. 

Also, I would've been fine with a Bradley/Cotto fight....and I honestly see it happening, being that Cotto has parted ways with Roc Nation. 

• BrutUalBK likes this

#8 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,261 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 07:43 AM

Top Rank and his wife being his manager. What WW does top rank have besides Pac? All the top WW are with AL. So...

#9 KSUN247

KSUN247

Lightweight

• Members
  • 898 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 07:54 AM

Bradley is happy off the millions he got to re-sign with TR, plus the money he made off those 3 Pacquiao fights. He's too comfortable.

#10 BrutUalBK

BrutUalBK

Welterweight

• Banned
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 08:07 AM

Many here probably won't agree with this but honestly I think the reason we don't see Bradley is partly because what MaxP said about him pricing himself out, but mostly it's because "he is high risk for very little reward".

Say what you want, Bradley gives any fighter south of 154 all kind of problems when he's on point, and he's got a hell of a beard too.  Many fighters would probably just avoid him because look how easily he outboxed Marquez, same with Manny in the first fight (yes he won that easily regardless of what people say).

Bradley proves he is a tough bout for anyone, takes a mean punch, has stamina, decent speed and the will to win.  Regardless of the headbutt affair it would be, at this point I think the best bout would be between him and Porter, two bulls clashing head on; somebody's head is bound to open up which would call for a desperate Hagler vs Hearns type moment.

If they did fight, I'd take Bradley over Porter.

• The Original MrFactor and sduck like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users