Photo

BRONER BACK IN JAIL, HAS MIKEY GARCIA NEXT, WHO WINS??

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BrutUalBK

BrutUalBK

Welterweight

• Banned
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 01:13 AM

Broner is one of the most unstable cats in the sport and after all this drama he has supposedly Mikey Garcia to contend with, well I'm taking Garcia by impressive KO after he soundly outboxes Adrien for 9 rounds.

Who you got, how does this go down??

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/broner-jail-mikey-garcia-next-405129 

Two Adrien Broner news tidbits. Broner is currently serving three days in jail at the Kenton County Detention Center in Covington, Kentucky. According to FOX 19, AB is behind bars for contempt after missing some court appearances in relation a 2014 bar arrest.

Also, the buzz on social media is that a Broner clash with WBC lightweight champ Mikey Garcia could be in the works for July. That could be interesting.

#2 MaxPayne

MaxPayne

Welterweight

• Moderators
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 09:19 AM

On pen and paper, Broner has the talent to be one of the true pound for pound best fighters on the planet.

But see, pen and paper ? It's as much fact as is the story of Sleeping Beauty. 

On top of that, Mikey Garcia is a really good fighter. Skills, power and stamina mean that it may end up being a long night for Broner.

Broner could have been all that, but he just stays doing that stupid, dumbass shit that lands him in trouble every other week.

Doesn't have the dedication to be truly great. Mikey Garcia though, doesn't have that problem. 

• mrwigi likes this

#3 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 18,873 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 09:19 AM

If it's gonna take place at 140, we'll just have to see if Garcia has enough pop to get Broner's respect early. I was discussing this with one of our longtime members on Facebook yesterday, and he made it clear that Garcia doesn't have the work rate of Maidana, Ponce Deleon, or Porter....all of which kept Broner hesitant to throw. 

He also said that Garcia's gonna spend a lot of time trying to avoid fire from Broner, because he isn't a busy fighter himself. I tried to put a spin on it in favor of Garcia, but I ended up agreeing with him. 

My only concern is Broner and this country fried steak gut that he always seems to acquire between fights. This leaves nothing but room for concern, if I had to make a prediction. I honestly believe Garcia's moving up a little too fast and should probably stay at LW for a while. I think a Lomanchenko fight may be out of the question, since Arum will most likely be involved. 

I think Broner stops Garcia...but it's still May, so my mind may change as the fight draws closer. 

• mrwigi likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users